Leaves turning yellow/brown on sides & curling! (PICS INCLUDED)

• Thread starter 420DankBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Don't need to weigh them. Just tug(the sides of the container) on them after they are watered and you will know the weight. When you tug again and the pot comes off the ground easily you can water again.
Trust me you will know difference of full water weight and dry soil

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

T

To minimize stretch you can manipulate a few things.

Spectrum.... a heavier blue leaning Spectrum will shorten internode spacing.

Temps... a negative diff will have a drastic effect on shortening internodes.

PGRs.... not recommended.

Day/night diff is by far the easiest and most effective for specifically the stretch period as it can be changed at any point without issue and will reduce internode spacing very effectively.
Are you saying after I drop to a 12/12 I can increase the light hours again?
How many hours of light can I revert too with revegging the plants?
I get some tight nodes in veg but when they don't get the 18-19 hours of sun light they go looking for it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you saying after I drop to a 12/12 I can increase the light hours again?
How many hours of light can I revert too with revegging the plants?
I get some tight nodes in veg but when they don't get the 18-19 hours of sun light they go looking for it.
No... im saying other than genetics a blue leaning spectrum like 4000-6000k will keep plants shorter. A day temp slightly lower than a night temp will also keep plants shorter (at the expense of a tiny bit of growth). Plant growth regulatiors can also reduce stretch.

If I want to control stretch I run my day temps about 2f cooler than my night temps. You'd be surprised how much this can reduce stretch.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

No... im saying other than genetics a blue leaning spectrum like 4000-6000k will keep plants shorter. A day temp slightly lower than a night temp will also keep plants shorter (at the expense of a tiny bit of growth). Plant growth regulatiors can also reduce stretch.

If I want to control stretch I run my day temps about 2f cooler than my night temps. You'd be surprised how much this can reduce stretch.
Thank you and thats good to know. I'm finishing up some stuff, took down one tent, soon take down the other or use it for drying. Going to go with a smaller closet grow maybe 2 plants. I want to try some of my seeds a Grand Daddy Purple and a White Widow. I over did it and don't sell, and friends have become scattered or gone missing so I get stuck with jars upon jars. The stuff was ok, but nothing great. So want to try a different variety and see how that goes, but on a much smaller project that doesn't demand so much. Tried using the food proccesor to give the grinder effect. Works pretty good. Don't know if it would be possible to store it long term like that or better to leave it in whole buds.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
so... the pot weight thing is really great. i started trying to be pretty exact and had a pot with no plant and the one with so i could compare and ... well... now, i can nudge it with my knuckle and know!

i have an elderly mom we are trying to keep home... in the move to the wheelchair, i bobbed when i shoulda weaved and ended up with my right biceps muscle pulled from my forearm. so, im in a thing and a sling and no way to pick up or anything, but because ive done it for so long now, i just - left handed and all - nudged it and knew! now, watering it with my left hand was fun... no one died and no words were said that could be googled.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

so... the pot weight thing is really great. i started trying to be pretty exact and had a pot with no plant and the one with so i could compare and ... well... now, i can nudge it with my knuckle and know!

i have an elderly mom we are trying to keep home... in the move to the wheelchair, i bobbed when i shoulda weaved and ended up with my right biceps muscle pulled from my forearm. so, im in a thing and a sling and no way to pick up or anything, but because ive done it for so long now, i just - left handed and all - nudged it and knew! now, watering it with my left hand was fun... no one died and no words were said that could be googled.
Wishing a speedy recovery

Oldman13

Oldman13

you should water when they dry. drench and dry. wait to water till you can lift the pot and it feels light. then water till you see the first drops at the bottom, not what goes through the sides. water slowly and all over.

raise your light.

if it is a 3 gallon pot, you need to put 3 gallons of soil in it.

happy frog soil is buffered. you dont need to worry so much about the ph and the stuff you add might not get along with the stuff in the soil.

having said all that, i dont know what is wrong, but i know those things need done and it wont get better till you water right and you help her out by raising the light when she is feeling puny.
Did I hear you right did you say happy frog from Humboldt County? Because hearing you say that makes me wonder if I should continue using Happy Frog because I have similar problems with the yellowing and Browning of leaves and I was beginning to wonder if it had to do with the Happy Frog soil? Damn I wish I had a good example to show you at the moment are you making anything else with the soil I mix Coco coir as mine Coco coir chips I was using the fiber but it felt or seemed as if they weren't getting enough oxygen because the Coco fiber is so fine so fine She's Mine so so fine... at first I thought it was over watering but then I thought I was under watering generally with grow bags you will use a lot of water more than you would with a bucket order plastic grow container actually about twice as much! Well then I didn't think I was over watering or under watering, I starting to think I was under feeding which I believe was more in the realm of possibilities because I gave them more food they seem to do better so it became more food and more water at that point I concluded I was under watering and underfeeding but it's a tricky situation especially when they are that small. So I wasn't trying to tell you what to do I just thought it was funny you have the same soil as I do and was having a similar problem so do you do figure out what your problem is let me know I like using the Happy Frog potting mix mainly because I'm getting more in a bag as for the nutrients they're going to be gone soon and plants won't be getting anything except for what I feed them. But I think the pH level is a little high with Happy Frog but I have to get what I can get that's affordable. Like I said though whatever nutrients and buffers we'll all be gone before you know it and they will be hungry hungry hungry hungry they will want food give me food I want food in my tummy that's what they keep telling me anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom