Leaves Turning Yellow During Flowering

• Thread starter RookyMistake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RookyMistake

Plants were growing well throughout veg - now a little over 5 weeks into flowering stage the bottom leaves started turning yellow and some would wither away to fall off. Now the yellow is starting to progress up the plant faster - largest leaves first - some leaves getting a brownish/greyish rash. I know that the plant starts dropping its lower leaves towards the end of flowering but I'm only about halfway through flowering at this point so wondering what's going on - need to save the plant!

1. Grown from Femanized "Cheese" indica/sativa hybrid seeds
2. Approx. 18 weeks since seedling
3. Approx 2.5 - 3 feet
4. 5 Gal fabric pots
5. FoxFarm organic soil
6. At this point watering every other day with tap water at tested PH 6.0
7. FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio - Big Bloom/Grow Big/Tiger Bloom/Sledgehammer
(last sledgehammer flush was when switching to Flowering 5 weeks prior - otherwise NUTES are given every other watering (about every 2-3 days) - NUTES are following the final weeks of the Fox Farm schedule (3tsp of Big Bloom & 1tsp of Tiger Bloom per gallon of water) - takes about 1 gallon to feed all three at the same time) - at this point i have switched to JUST water until figuring out what's going on.
8. Two small canopy fans - temp around 70-75 - humidity around 50
9. Full spectrum 1500W LED + 600W LED
10. Plants are approx 30" away from lights
11. Temp is around 60-70 degrees and humidity was around 60-70 during veg and around 40-50 during flowering
12. Have not seen any insect issues at this point
13. Second time trying to grow some plants - first time with real purchased seeds

See pictures.

Thanks!

Leaves turning yellow during flowering
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 2
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 3
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 4
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 5
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 6
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 7
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 8
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 9
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 10
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 11
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 12
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 13
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 14
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 15
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 16
Leaves turning yellow during flowering 17
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Too much PK. Needs leaching with fresh water until clearish low ppm runoff. Then fertilize also to runoff to continue clearing the roots with a lower dose of balanced complete grow ratio fertilizer.

H

hawkman

Plants were growing well throughout veg - now a little over 5 weeks into flowering stage the bottom leaves started turning yellow and some would wither away to fall off. Now the yellow is starting to progress up the plant faster - largest leaves first - some leaves getting a brownish/greyish rash. I know that the plant starts dropping its lower leaves towards the end of flowering but I'm only about halfway through flowering at this point so wondering what's going on - need to save the plant!

1. Grown from Femanized "Cheese" indica/sativa hybrid seeds
2. Approx. 18 weeks since seedling
3. Approx 2.5 - 3 feet
4. 5 Gal fabric pots
5. FoxFarm organic soil
6. At this point watering every other day with tap water at tested PH 6.0
7. FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio - Big Bloom/Grow Big/Tiger Bloom/Sledgehammer
(last sledgehammer flush was when switching to Flowering 5 weeks prior - otherwise NUTES are given every other watering (about every 2-3 days) - NUTES are following the final weeks of the Fox Farm schedule (3tsp of Big Bloom & 1tsp of Tiger Bloom per gallon of water) - takes about 1 gallon to feed all three at the same time) - at this point i have switched to JUST water until figuring out what's going on.
8. Two small canopy fans - temp around 70-75 - humidity around 50
9. Full spectrum 1500W LED + 600W LED
10. Plants are approx 30" away from lights
11. Temp is around 60-70 degrees and humidity was around 60-70 during veg and around 40-50 during flowering
12. Have not seen any insect issues at this point
13. Second time trying to grow some plants - first time with real purchased seeds

See pictures.

Thanks!
To start you must FLUSH, FLUSH, (good old h2o) for 5days at least and just use - but 30 inches with a 1500 + 600 watt led might lead to heat issue (heat intensity) consider raising your lighting - if you want to feed use the one nutrient that is for late flower of these ( the one with the highest "K" amounts)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To start you must FLUSH, FLUSH, (good old h2o) for 5days at least and just use - but 30 inches with a 1500 + 600 watt led might lead to heat issue (heat intensity) consider raising your lighting - if you want to feed use the one nutrient that is for late flower of these ( the one with the highest "K" amounts)

When the leaves burn on the edges like that it is because of too much potassium. And it is the high pk ratio in the bloom nutes that do it.

They were not meant for continued use. Just a couple applications as needed. The weed specific nute companies are the only ones who push this.

Tomatoes need more pk. Weed stays balanced throughout flowering. Even advanced nutrients admits it. And dyna grow.

Search cannabis pk myth.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When the leaves burn on the edges like that it is because of too much potassium. And it is the high pk ratio in the bloom nutes that do it.

They were not meant for continued use. Just a couple applications as needed. The weed specific nute companies are the only ones who push this.

Tomatoes need more pk. Weed stays balanced throughout flowering. Even advanced nutrients admits it. And dyna grow.

Search cannabis pk myth.
100% seen this myself on my grows. Now pk is absolutely min For me and I will probably stop it all together.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol so true... Every second pic he posts is of a joint lol

Bet he is smoking one now and admiring the white ash between every hit.

He forgot his phone or we would be hearing about it. Lol. Eh @Dirtbag ?

Top Bottom