Leaves Turning Yellow

• Thread starter newbie001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbie001

Hi
I have a yellowing issue with my leaves , just wondering what it could be, using miracle grow nature care soil . It will be 3 months as of the 1st.
First grow

Leaves turning yellow
Leaves turning yellow 2
H

HelixFertili

Using pre-loaded soils can sometimes cause nutrient deficiencies. However, if this is indeed a nutrient deficiency then most likely it is N or Mg and later if the tips start turning brown it is a most likely K. Since all three nutrients are mobile in the plant, if the plant detect deficiencies then it pushes all the available nutrition to the newer leaves and the deficiency effects are seen on the older leaves. Hope this helps. Good luck. Let us know how you resolved.

N

newbie001

Using pre-loaded soils can sometimes cause nutrient deficiencies. However, if this is indeed a nutrient deficiency then most likely it is N or Mg and later if the tips start turning brown it is a most likely K. Since all three nutrients are mobile in the plant, if the plant detect deficiencies then it pushes all the available nutrition to the newer leaves and the deficiency effects are seen on the older leaves. Hope this helps. Good luck. Let us know how you resolved.

yes I did notice later tips where going brown so I gave them 5ml of grow big then i see more tips side of leaves turning yellow where now its getting bad what's a good think to give them grow big tiger bloom

I did have the light to close at 12" now it's at 22" I know my ph is up and down all over

notice near the top leaves are dark green some red stems old yellow leaves take off or leave on

H

HelixFertili

Again, there could be other factors causing this. But considering nutrition, I see that grow big has more N and K compared to Tiger Bloom. Also ensure that it has other micros as well especially Mo for N uptake by roots. Another way to slightly and quickly counter deficiencies is foliar application (sparying very very dilute conc of nutrients on the leaves) which is relatively quickly assimilated by the plants. Also, make sure pH is closely around 6.5.

Anyways do not go crazy on nutrient application. Be patient and watchful of what the plants are telling you.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

This is burn. They're getting chlorosis from too much salt. The curling up and yellowing are both from this. It's also why the plant is so dark. I would say you don't have to flush but you have to slightly cut back and stay where you're at until it shows hunger.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Looks like your light might be too close also. Those spots with slightly lighter fan leaves look like light hotspots, maybe from a led?

N

newbie001

I did have the light 12" (yes led) 10watt led chips now at 22" first time I noticed yellowing i gave it some grow big 5ml then all tips sides started yellowing and getting wrost plus when dose miracle grow nature care soil run out of food says feeds up to 3 months after I add grow big top went dark green

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I did have the light 12" (yes led) 10watt led chips now at 22" first time I noticed yellowing i gave it some grow big 5ml then all tips sides started yellowing and getting wrost plus when dose miracle grow nature care soil run out of food says feeds up to 3 months after I add grow big top went dark green
Okay. Do you have a ppm meter? Feed just water until they lighten, which they may not. What water you using?

N

newbie001

Yes I have a PPM meter and I am giving it tap water after sitting for 24hrs
I notice the plant has not grown much in the last month, only fed once with "grow big" in the the 3 months normally just water because was worried about the miracle grow nature care soil
How do I balance the Ph? Because when I get it down to 6.2 it goes back up over 7

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Yes I have a PPM meter and I am giving it tap water after sitting for 24hrs
I notice the plant has not grown much in the last month, only fed once with "grow big" in the the 3 months normally just water because was worried about the miracle grow nature care soil
How do I balance the Ph? Because when I get it down to 6.2 it goes back up over 7
Like, after time? What ph is it normally? I wouldn't change what youre doing with that because it appears fine that way. Check the ppm of your runoff, what comes out the bottom of your pot, and type the number in here. Don't start flushing or watering more frequently.

N

newbie001

ok I will just keep watering as normal ph was over 7 water yesterday saying 6.5 when I check again back over 7 after 2-3 days
maybe the ròots not taken the nutrients how about what the other person said spray the leaves maybe it will take the nutrients that way
I know I am overwatering underwatering what you think good way for watering soke it down once a week
I see it spreading to the top like a wild fire every time I water it
Here a look near the top

20181125 213423
20181125 212619
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Yeah. It probably has time release nutrients. Only water when the top 1/2 inch is thoroughly dry. It's not deficient or lacking food. It will be soon though from too much food. If you're on well water that complicates things more. Do you have free access to filtered water? What ppm is your tap water?

N

newbie001

last time I checked it was around 500ppm ph was 7 filtered water no bottle water yes
I also move the light up to 24"
Also it will be 3 months on the 1st I was hoping to fix yellowing then put it into flowering by then what do you think or put into flowering now before it starts to get rootbound or to tall

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

sorry right out of the tap water ppm is 120 after sitting 24hrs ppm 140
just gave it 2l of water with little runoff ppm was 295 ph was 6.7
Beautiful. Once it dries like i said before, the top 1/2 inch or 2 to 3cm is totally dry, give it plain tap water once again and measure runoff again and post if you can. We might have to add a little grow big later, or at times. Keep it handy. Also, you can use that in veg and flower and be fine. For now though we want to get her to use up what shes got.

N

newbie001

Ok watered it today checked ppm now saying 410ppm
Forgot to mention I was using air condition water for 1st 2 months then switched to tap water
With tap water do I need to let it sit 24hrs before using it or ok to give it right out of the tap

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok watered it today checked ppm now saying 410ppm
Forgot to mention I was using air condition water for 1st 2 months then switched to tap water
With tap water do I need to let it sit 24hrs before using it or ok to give it right out of the tap

Since you have ppm meter can you take a measurement of your air conditioner water for me? Or if yousve taken one can you share? I’m really curious to see if it is almost 0 or if it has some dissolved copper and stuff in it.

And on the subject of tap water. Its ok you don’t need to let it sit. Its better to do but it will not single-handedly fuck up your grow.

N

newbie001

Sorry not using the air conditioner right now but I managed to get a half cup of water from the hose and ppm was 149ppm

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Sorry not using the air conditioner right now but I managed to get a half cup of water from the hose and ppm was 149ppm

Wow. Thats high man. I mean it could be because it was sitting in the hose for a long time, you need to take it again next summer :) but i was expecting something around 10-20. If its coming out at 150ppms when its being used actively, i wouldn’t feed that to my plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom