Leaves with rounded tips

• Thread starter BrownMeanie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrownMeanie

Here is my situation. I’m noticing that some of my leaves on both plants have some sort of oddity to them. The ends of the leaf are rounded and do not come to a point. Have I done something to harm them? Could I have Fim’d the wrong? Stress from lights, water? Any advice and criticism is welcome. Thank you. I have provided info and pics

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones : BB#3 and GG#4

2. How old are your plants?
In my possession: 5 weeks 5/4/19

3. How tall are your plants?
1’ 4”

4. What size containers are they planted in?
7 gal. Cloth bags. After being in the pots I brought them home in for 3 weeks under 400w MH

5. What is your soil mix?
Great Lakes “Water Only”

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
City water left out for 24 hours with air stones. I don’t water too often. At first I may have been a little heavy but I have a good schedule now.

7. What is the pH of your water?
I’m trying to keep it at 6.5. I need a pH meter to be exact.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
None. Soil was sold as “beginning to end”

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Only recently- this week. I purchased “Stump Tea” and used it at 1/3 strength and only gave each plant 1/2 gal. Plus a good spray. They seemed to have LOVED it.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Hortilux Blue 1000w. Sold to me as beginners to end. I have a digital dimmable ballast. I started the plants at 400W for three weeks. I’ve been running at 600W on a 18/6 schedule. I know it would be best to use the full 1000W, I just had some concerns: light exposure, cost.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
Roughly 2’

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
5x5x6 AgroMax

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
I had to move tent from garage, it was much to difficult to over come the extreme temperature fluctuations. Temps ranged from low 70’s to mid 80’s. I tried my hardest to keep the plants environment as on point as possible. I had assumed before had growing in my garage with the equipment I had available the grow would experience some stress. Yet the plants seem to be very happy even with the challenges. Their new location and better equipment (A/C unit); the environment has been kept at a stable 77-78•

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Unknown

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Some gnats, not an infestation and under control.

16. How much experience do you have growing? Novice.

Leaves with rounded tips
Leaves with rounded tips 2
Leaves with rounded tips 3
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Here is my situation. I’m noticing that some of my leaves on both plants have some sort of oddity to them. The ends of the leaf are rounded and do not come to a point. Have I done something to harm them? Could I have Fim’d the wrong? Stress from lights, water? Any advice and criticism is welcome. Thank you. I have provided info and pics

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones : BB#3 and GG#4

2. How old are your plants?
In my possession: 5 weeks 5/4/19

3. How tall are your plants?
1’ 4”

4. What size containers are they planted in?
7 gal. Cloth bags. After being in the pots I brought them home in for 3 weeks under 400w MH

5. What is your soil mix?
Great Lakes “Water Only”

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
City water left out for 24 hours with air stones. I don’t water too often. At first I may have been a little heavy but I have a good schedule now.

7. What is the pH of your water?
I’m trying to keep it at 6.5. I need a pH meter to be exact.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
None. Soil was sold as “beginning to end”

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Only recently- this week. I purchased “Stump Tea” and used it at 1/3 strength and only gave each plant 1/2 gal. Plus a good spray. They seemed to have LOVED it.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Hortilux Blue 1000w. Sold to me as beginners to end. I have a digital dimmable ballast. I started the plants at 400W for three weeks. I’ve been running at 600W on a 18/6 schedule. I know it would be best to use the full 1000W, I just had some concerns: light exposure, cost.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
Roughly 2’

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
5x5x6 AgroMax

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
I had to move tent from garage, it was much to difficult to over come the extreme temperature fluctuations. Temps ranged from low 70’s to mid 80’s. I tried my hardest to keep the plants environment as on point as possible. I had assumed before had growing in my garage with the equipment I had available the grow would experience some stress. Yet the plants seem to be very happy even with the challenges. Their new location and better equipment (A/C unit); the environment has been kept at a stable 77-78•

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Unknown

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Some gnats, not an infestation and under control.

16. How much experience do you have growing? Novice.
I wouldn't breed them as it may be genetic but I'd smoke the hell out of the flowers.

Top Bottom