Leaves yellowing and browning on my autos

• Thread starter Rudlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rudlow

Rudlow

Hello, I have 3 Northern lights autos and 2 of them seem to be fine, but one has a lot of small-ish leaves that are light green and turning yellow-brown (not in spots), rather the tips going inwards. I checked a lot of different cannabis deficiency pictures but could not find anything like that. Flowers also have a hard time developing. It's in soil, I water with 6.3 PH, add liquid cal-mag to every watering (according to recommended quantities) and I fertilize ~ once a month with dr. earth fertilizer (powder, I sprinkle it around the pot and gently mix it into the top layer of the soil).
The plant was briefly in 12-12 cycle, but was moved back to 18-6 after I noticed it was an auto. Any ideas? PH is ok and I fed the plant ~1.5 weeks ago. With 3-9-4.
Thank you.

Leaves yellowing and browning on my autos
Leaves yellowing and browning on my autos 2
Leaves yellowing and browning on my autos 3
Leaves yellowing and browning on my autos 4
Moshmen

Moshmen

What kind of water you use ? Tap? Possible cal/mag toxic

Rudlow

Rudlow

I have a 500ft deep well. PPM of my water is 66, when I add the cal-mag it goes to 176, with the adjusted PH it's 181. Of course all of my other nutes are on the soil. Is it too much ppm for just cal-mag? I water every evening after the lights come on (reverse cycle).

What kind of water you use ? Tap? Possible cal/mag toxic

That is a solid idea, I will try to flush cal-mag.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have a 500ft deep well. PPM of my water is 66, when I add the cal-mag it goes to 176, with the adjusted PH it's 181. Of course all of my other nutes are on the soil. Is it too much ppm for just cal-mag? I water every evening after the lights come on (reverse cycle).

That is a solid idea, I will try to flush cal-mag.
Sounds like water is ok ? I’d prolly flush her out then give a light feed including the cal mag - kinda “reset” the medium ya got

any idea what run off ppm is?

Rudlow

Rudlow

Watered today with just PH adjusted water (around 80ppm), the run off was around 1000ppm. It wasn't exactly run off, the water was sitting below the pot for a bit (I suspect the longer it's there, the higher is ppm, I might have picked up some small particles of soil), but I assume it is way way over the board. Other healthy plants had a run off around 400ppm, but that was cleaner water, less contact with soil.

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Looks like it might be something to do with the temperature buddy... Cooler temps can cause Autumn colored leaves...

Rudlow

Rudlow

Looks like it might be something to do with the temperature buddy... Cooler temps can cause Autumn colored leaves...

I don't think so, temperature is one of the easiest maintained factors. I have it logged for weeks and it's always around 80F when the lights are on and around 70F when the lights are off. It's automated.

Heynow

Heynow

Chronic nutrient lockout. The pots are too small with and improper feeding schedule. The plant is unable to use the nutrients properly due to salt buildup. If you are in a soilless mix(coco,peat etc), increase the feeding...if you are in soil, flush with epsom , feed fertilizer at 25% to 50%. Honestly if you are in soil I would transplant to a bigger container even tho it might add another 10 days to 2 weeks to the flowering cycle. Or just feed with a good bottled hydro fertilizer.

Rudlow

Rudlow

Chronic nutrient lockout. The pots are too small with and improper feeding schedule. The plant is unable to use the nutrients properly due to salt buildup. If you are in a soilless mix(coco,peat etc), increase the feeding...if you are in soil, flush with epsom , feed fertilizer at 25% to 50%. Honestly if you are in soil I would transplant to a bigger container even tho it might add another 10 days to 2 weeks to the flowering cycle. Or just feed with a good bottled hydro fertilizer.

Thank you. Will try one of those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom