leaves yellowing in flower??

• Thread starter CINDARELLA99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Thank you for the assurance Nutts. I appreciate it. I just finished flushing hee. While I was outside flushing, I was able to inspect her better and I found the hairs or pistils?? Are turning brown. Is this normal or is this from the deficiency ?
IMAG0158

IMAG0162
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hairs turn from white to orange, red, brown and sometimes even PINK, but only some specific strains and phenos. So its no problem bro.

On to the over-watering thingy. First off, there is no such thing as over-watering because then DWC would NEVER work. When people say 'over watering', it really means under-oxygenation of the root zone.

From my experience, the only way to over-water (under oxygenate) a plant is to use a poor quality soil with poor drainage that holds too much water in combination of watering too often. That will drown the roots of oxygen.

The pics you have shown, IMO, doesn't resemble over-watered (under oxygenated) plants.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Thanks lex0415, thats good to know. I have been scared to overwater since I started growing and was in Veg. So I have always been waiting till I see my leaves just start dropping before I water.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks lex0415, thats good to know. I have been scared to overwater since I started growing and was in Veg. So I have always been waiting till I see my leaves just start dropping before I water.

I don't like to do that, but thats just me, I'll water when the bucket feels about 50% lighter then when it was saturated.

Like I said before, if you have a good aerated potting soil mix, you won't over-water it unless you dump 2 gallons of water in it a day, everyday.

Nutts

Nutts

There two reasons pistils die back and change color. Either they were pollenated. Or it's just ripening. We're there any male plants. Have you checked for hermies. The male flowers if they show will show in the inside branches first closer to the Mai. Stem

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

There two reasons pistils die back and change color. Either they were pollenated. Or it's just ripening. We're there any male plants. Have you checked for hermies. The male flowers if they show will show in the inside branches first closer to the Mai. Stem

I will have to check more carefully, I havent been checking for hermies at all. I was concerned about the changing color because its only the 4th week and was thinking its a too soon, but this is my first grow and I heard each strain is different.
I hope it wasnt pollenated or a hermie......that would affect all my plants right? Just from being in there with the air blowing all over them......

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I checked them out pretty thoroughly today and I dont think their herming, BUT I did find a bug, I saw a few of what looked like grains of salt stuck on a leaf, I got a tweezer and pulled them off, looked like salt, even hard wondering if maybe they were eggs? I checked every single leaf and found some more, I was able to get them off and I found a really white transparent looking fly, I think its a fly, it has very thin wings and long legs. It is very small and my camera cant get that good of a focus on it. But now I am wondering if it is okay to spray during flowering? When you got your trichomes just starting is it okay to spray?

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I wanted to Thank Everyone on this thread for all of your help and advice.
I went in yesterday with a pair of tweezers and removed anything that looked suspicious. I found 3 aphids one looked ready to die, it was almost transparent. I cheked under the leaves and all the nooks and crannies. When I woke up this morning I went to the grow room to check it out and today was the first day I didnt have to remove any dead leaves, infact the yellowing has stopped or slowed down a great deal. The light green leaves are still there but they havent worsened. Both of my plants are doing well, Ithink I got them taken care of with that flush.Thank you Nutts , I have gained some experience and useful knowledge from you guys and wanted to say Thankyou.
Thank You!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Interesting you mentioned aphids. I was going to make the sorry suggestion you may have root aphids. The yellowing does not appear to be uniform, is that correct? The first pict with uneven yellowing on only a few leaves is my tell tale sign. Might want to keep an eye out. All the others advise was spot on for said issues.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Thank you, I have been checking them constantly, sometimes Ithink I am doing it too much, but I am on the look out for ANYTHING. The Yellowing has stopped and I am So HAPPY with that, so many leaves were dying I was thinkkng the tree would be bald before harvest. But like Nutts said, about three days after the flush it showed good signs. But I didnt even think about bugs until I was looking for herming and thats when I noticed the aphid. I was in there all day just flipping through tops and bottoms of leaves and branches. I hink I got them all though... Ihope. *fingers crossed*

budboy299

budboy299

Just a thought as well...

back when you had the problem you said " I am still using veg nutes together with my bloom nutes...today is the 4th week they been in flower." you also mentioned that you added the nutes according to the directions on the bottle.....

Did you mean full strength Veg nutes and also full strength bloom nutes..together?
if so that could of been the problem as well. It did not look like burn but sometimes plants exhibit signs in weird ways.
Kind of like a pissed off girlfriend.... you sometimes have to just keep guessing at what you did wrong, and hope you finally guess correctly!

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Hey Guys, I got some more pics. I Woke up th ism orning to check them and I found one aphid, he was sitting on top of the top bud, I grabbed him and smashed the heck out of him. I went through and checked again, couldn't find anything.
The leaves are doing good, well, compared to what it ws like before. I haven't picked off any dead leaves so it is better. Just that aphid is bothering me, Im finding it takes FOREVER to check my plants for bugs and I am worried that he may be hoping around to my other plants.But I am noticing new growth and it sis looking greener.
@ budboy299, on the bottles of nutes (im using roots organics line) it says to in begining flower to mix 2tbs grow with like 2tbs bloom then when they get mature to just run the bloom at like 3 TBS. My plants that in the pics are both at 5 weeks right now. So I am gonna start using just the bloom.

IMAG0340
IMAG0338
IMAG0336
IMAG0332
IMAG0331
IMAG0330
S

Snowman

Hey Cindy

My first suggestion to you would be to get a PH pen ASAP. Not just so you know what the PH is going in, but more so what it is comming out.

You mentioned you were growing in Miricle Grow soil mix? Mgrow starts out at a 6.0 ph range, which to me is already a tad bit to acidic. When you start adding your ferts salts will start to build up, driving your soils PH base down further making your medium even more acidic. Soon you have PH lock out which your plant will stop taking up nutes even if nutes are in the soil. Your plant will look like it wants more food so you feed it more but all that does is drive your PH lower because the plant cant absorb the food cause your PH is to low.

I would start with a soild that has a neutral PH 7.0 like a ProMix add some perlite or grow stones. Get on a regular nute schedule and Ph your water to 6.3ish when adding nutes.

Once a week I would PH some plain water to 7.0 and water it till you can collect some run off. Once you get that run off test the PH you will notice that over the weeks the PH will start to drop because of the salt build up from the nutes. Once your 7.0 plain water ran throught you soild starts comming back in the 6.2 range add some Dolimite lime (the amount will depend on your container size). That will help buffer up the soil and keep your roots in a stable PH range of 6.3 to 6.8

Also when you collect you weekly runoff test the PPMs or EC to see how much your plants are actually eating......but I am rambling now.

You need a PH meter that you can trust and you need to know what the PH level is that your roots are sitting in. A PH meter is not an optional thing especially when you are begining.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Hey Cindy

My first suggestion to you would be to get a PH pen ASAP. Not just so you know what the PH is going in, but more so what it is comming out.

You mentioned you were growing in Miricle Grow soil mix? Mgrow starts out at a 6.0 ph range, which to me is already a tad bit to acidic. When you start adding your ferts salts will start to build up, driving your soils PH base down further making your medium even more acidic. Soon you have PH lock out which your plant will stop taking up nutes even if nutes are in the soil. Your plant will look like it wants more food so you feed it more but all that does is drive your PH lower because the plant cant absorb the food cause your PH is to low.

I would start with a soild that has a neutral PH 7.0 like a ProMix add some perlite or grow stones. Get on a regular nute schedule and Ph your water to 6.3ish when adding nutes.

Once a week I would PH some plain water to 7.0 and water it till you can collect some run off. Once you get that run off test the PH you will notice that over the weeks the PH will start to drop because of the salt build up from the nutes. Once your 7.0 plain water ran throught you soild starts comming back in the 6.2 range add some Dolimite lime (the amount will depend on your container size). That will help buffer up the soil and keep your roots in a stable PH range of 6.3 to 6.8

Also when you collect you weekly runoff test the PPMs or EC to see how much your plants are actually eating......but I am rambling now.

You need a PH meter that you can trust and you need to know what the PH level is that your roots are sitting in. A PH meter is not an optional thing especially when you are begining.

Thank you Snowman, and no worries, it's not rambling, it's information I need to hear and I really appreicate it. I haven't gotten a PH meter yet, I was supposed to pick one up, bu t I have been playing catch up with bills. I didnt know how importan it was.Thank you.

Top Bottom