Leaving buds on stems during cure?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Once my plants have been dried for a week and the stems go brittle (i.e. time to jar), is it a better idea to keep the buds on the stems in the jars or trim them off? My mate uses large spaghetti mason jars to store buds on stems in....says it's better for flavour....

Which way is best?

F

flyingfish

Humm ...dint think about the possibility of taste being effected but I remove the bud from the stems just to keep the weight down just in case the Gestapo ever shows up

Bastards will weigh your ashes to get a bigger headline around here LOL

Peace

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to leave some stem so as they cure they pull moisture from the stems and help keep the buds nice

S

Stackin Paper

All the main colas i leave on the stem and put in 3ltr jars, all the rest goes into my smaller jars de-stemmed.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep stems on if i got the space in the jars

P

phoenix

yeah,i agree with zoo on that,just helps em when they homogenise to be able to draw from the stem,so i been told,still experimenting though.

even left a little clone to girdle[if that can be done indoors,lol]and after 1wk she was dry on the stem in the pot,no flushing-nothing.
tasted just as good,but will have to try it again with a couple to verify,but they were organic,certainky dont recommend chemmy growers do that.

when u harvest u leave branches etc in tact,so its probably simlar in principle,but once dried and cured[ie no moisture]then there's little point i would have thought.

7rayos

It's not that i've made the experiment intentionally, but as i was manicuring the summer harvest, the first bud was very clean of stems and as much non resinous material as possible before going to rest in jars, but as new plants were coming, to hell with subtleties, and the last ones have even the odd fan leaf forgotten.
I clean it well before skinning up, anyway, and i must say that, although i'm no connoiseur enough to appreciate the hidden alteration in flavors, same plants either trimmed pretty much taste the same to me after two months curing, perhaps the nicely trimmed ones brittle quicker once the tin's opened, therefore degrading the product. Still, got much to learn yet to properly judge on that, better keep practising, he he. Woop.:joint:

Top Bottom