Leaving Run Off In Catch Pan Ok Then Letting Roots Suck Up The Rest Later??

• Thread starter superweed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
superweed420

superweed420

I read that its OK to leave the run off in the catch pan your pot sits in... Some mixed thought on the subject tho.. People say not to kuz salt build up.. But if your not over feeding plants then you won't have salt build up and I'm not a flusher so would this be OK...

Monster762

Monster762

I read that its OK to leave the run off in the catch pan your pot sits in... Some mixed thought on the subject tho.. People say not to kuz salt build up.. But if your not over feeding plants then you won't have salt build up and I'm not a flusher so would this be OK...
Yes you can leave it but if you do keep eyes open for bugs. Sitting water may draw fungus gnats. Fungus gnats are a pain. Pretty easy to kill off but they come back. That's the only problem with sitting water is it draws bugs. It depends how long it sits. Olof it's dry in less than a day you should be good. Keep some neem oil on deck. If you use it as a preventative it will help in long run. It kills mites gnats everything but the plant. I wouldn't hide down leaves but spray top layer of soil every few days. Cost $5-$8 for bottle of 70%. You dilute 25 ml to a gallon water so it lasts a while. It's not harsh chemical either. It's derived from a tree. Natural.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I would not and do not let water set in the pan how is the planter to dry out if its just keeps sucking the water back up

if u let the water set in the tray the roots could all sting out looking for the water that's setting in the dish

also salt build up is not from over feeding its from how the plant breaks the nuts down
but over feeding for sure makes salt build up quick

I use a organic nute that has no salt

Monster762

Monster762

I
I would not and do not let water set in the pan how is the planter to dry out if its just keeps sucking the water back up

if u let the water set in the tray the roots could all sting out looking for the water that's setting in the dish

also salt build up is not from over feeding its from how the plant breaks the nuts down
but over feeding for sure makes salt build up quick

I use a organic nute that has no salt
agree not to sit any period of time but if they suck it dry quick like mine do i think it be ok. My 5 gal suck dry every day with close to a gal of water n nutes each daily. I'm cutting nutes to every couple feedings instead of daily though now. Finishing up week 4 flower.

Monster762

Monster762

The basics are no standing water in grow room though. It can draw bugs n humidity issues too in flower.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I

agree not to sit any period of time but if they suck it dry quick like mine do i think it be ok. My 5 gal suck dry every day with close to a gal of water n nutes each daily. I'm cutting nutes to every couple feedings instead of daily though now. Finishing up week 4 flower.

with this do u really get true run off then if he plants sucks it back up???

my smart pots suck it right back up so fast I pour water then move them to a new dish then more water and let them soak that up

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

The basics are no standing water in grow room though. It can draw bugs n humidity issues too in flower.
for sure 1000% on that also if u have leafs drop off and fall in the dish and u don't see them then they just set in water and get yucky

superweed420

superweed420

I do have a shop vac head don't have the bucket its new got it to suck the water up but when I moved I let my dad pack up last load and I'm like 99% sure he left the bucket to my 1 gal shop vac that I got just for this reason lol.. Was thinking about taping it to a 5 gal bucket lid and hoping that works..

superweed420

superweed420

Its hard for me to move buckets of dirt around to water.. Fuck that...

superweed420

superweed420

My buddy actually grows in 5 gal buckets with no holes drilled lol.. He dose great every time but been growing a long long time

superweed420

superweed420

why u not just ask him???? no holes then his roots setting in the left over water
He said he just knows how much water to give with out access water sitting in bottom of pot.. Give plant wat it needs and it will use it.. He waters twice in 1 day when they need it waits like hr after first water then waters again for last time then waits 3 or 4 days.. I have seen all of his shit load of plants in late flower and he never over feeds over waters his plants are always healthy never the smallest signs of problems.. Guess he just has it down old mfka can grow... I on the other hand don't have the balls to grow like that..

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

He said he just knows how much water to give with out access water sitting in bottom of pot.. Give plant wat it needs and it will use it.. He waters twice in 1 day when they need it waits like hr after first water then waters again for last time then waits 3 or 4 days.. I have seen all of his shit load of plants in late flower and he never over feeds over waters his plants are always healthy never the smallest signs of problems.. Guess he just has it down old mfka can grow... I on the other hand don't have the balls to grow like that..

the slogan here is if no pic it did not happen lol . I seen some here that put a pvc pipe in the soil to the bottom the they can get air.

superweed420

superweed420

the slogan here is if no pic it did not happen lol . I seen some here that put a pvc pipe in the soil to the bottom the they can get air.[/QUOTE holes are not needed its not like a wise tell or any thing..if you got holes in bucket and give to much water the water simply leaves..no holes and you drowned ya plants but get it right why would need holes other then to let access water drain? But he is organic I am not don't know if that makes any differences... My gf had flowers in a glass jar that did great all summer no holes no pic either lol was last year

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

organic don't have salt and like I said u need some lvl of run off to wash out old just the plant has all ready used kind of like your body and going to the bath room

I get what u are saying for sure if u using the perfect nuts u should have no waste

superweed420

superweed420

When I was a kid I did grow In a small bucket with no holes and got green slime on top of soil lol...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

When I was a kid I did grow In a small bucket with no holes and got green slime on top of soil lol...
I did this way back in the day thought all was good then when id did the harvest I pulled the root ball out and hole bottom was white mold

superweed420

superweed420

organic don't have salt and like I said u need some lvl of run off to wash out old just the plant has all ready used kind of like your body and going to the bath room

I get what u are saying for sure if u using the perfect nuts u should have no waste
Yea i like run off I don't have much problems growing but if I was not letting my water run off and down the drain then started having problems I would not know if it was from just something else to fuck with me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom