LED and heat

• Thread starter lime6161
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lime6161

Hey LEDGirl,

Im looking to put a light in an unused standup shower. Its a neo-angle shower that has about a 30" x 30" footprint. I see that this would be fine for a 205w LED light. I would like to run more of a micro/perpetual flower grow in this space. Its a really small bathroom.

My issue is its a small space and I can not run a 400w HID due to heat, not even the frigid winter months. I just dont have the energy to set up the vent sys. So, how much heat does a light like the 205w put out? Is one of the 205s comparable say to a 4 bulb 4 foot t-5? Comparable to a 100w incandecent light? How bout the bigger 300w LED? Any type of heat comparrison between the two?

My goal here is to have a small flower space without having to vent the lights at all. If need be there is the bathroom vent fan that I could run.

My plan have a shot? Thx

P

Pandaman

Most showers have a window or fan of some kind... Maybe you could take advantage of that. Especially if it's a ceiling (intake) one.

In my opinion you should go for the HGL 345watt. You'll be happier with a stronger light that produces more. And since it's powerful, you can always put it to use if you change up your grow style.

I grow in a 4'x4' and my temp went up 7-9 degrees without any fans or cooling or any circulation at all. Very manageable! I flicked on a few 6" circulating/oscillating fans and temps now only go up 2-4 degrees. LEDs rock!

My 2cents

Peace

L

lime6161

Thx,

Panda, your right.

I didnot realiz that the dimensions/heat are the same with the 200 or 345w lights.

Im in. ordered the 345w. LED club here i come.

Lets see what u got lg

Thx

squarepusher

squarepusher

i think a watt = a watt = a watt in terms of heating.

LED's use less watts than HID so you can save on heating this way

Top Bottom