Led And Vegging

• Thread starter angry monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angry monkey

angry monkey

Hello. I've been using gavita's and t5's for some time and I've decided to try my hand with LED's. I have one question at this moment and it is about temps. I see people saying 80-85 for flowering.

Does that also apply to veg?

I recently switched to 4 hlg-100's to replace 6 light t5 fixtures in 2, 2x4 tent and my temps went from the 23 to a steady 20. Day or night. Did I just waste my money? I only say that because I did this to make a smaller footprint. If I'm running something to make heat I just eliminated all savings.

Temps are fine in the 5x5's with the hlg-600's so I was bit surprised to find that veg is lagging so far behind with temps.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I ended up finding something that said at least 25 during any cycle and that's a pretty major difference. Looks like I'll be shelving these until the summer months. Absolutely impossible for me to raise the tent temps that much without interfering with the flowering tents.

Nugg

Nugg

Yes...I'll run up to 90-95 at times even...it has to do with making the plant transpire...led don't have the radiant heat like hps ect.so we raise the room temp to make up for it...I run a heater in the winter here..as just the blue light,lights don't put out any heat..

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yes...I'll run up to 90-95 at times even...it has to do with making the plant transpire...led don't have the radiant heat like hps ect.so we raise the room temp to make up for it...I run a heater in the winter here..as just the blue light,lights don't put out any heat..

I read an article last week that said most folks running LED's professionally, usually run them 5 to 10 degrees F higher to compensate for lack of IR. My entire last run was at around 90-95 as well.

I will see if i can find it and post the link here.

angry monkey

angry monkey

As someone who's run controlled areas pretty much stuck at 20c for the last 4 years my AC may get it's first relaxed summer ever after reading these replies. I definitely feel a lot better about the purchase. Just need to keep the other stuff around for the winter months is all I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom