LED & COB Veg or Bloom?

• Thread starter Flybear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flybear

So one 2000w brand agilex turns on 4 cobs with vege switch, and led array with bloom. Most others turn on the led's for the veg. And the cob's for the bloom. So I'm confused, trying to transit into the led-cob method after years hid-hps. So far Im good with them for heat vent and electric but still experimenting and dont want to lose crop. maxbloom 8x nice for dimmers. fan broke bad mfg but easily replaced. philzon cree 2000 nice. have Aglex 2000 coming, and this one has the cobs for veg. Trying to integrate these or use them correctly for modes, heights, levels, etc. None have great guidebooks, for coverage, par, heights, only very general. So if anyone has sharper insight, thanks. Big thing is getting true wattage to space. I dont think the max 8 is close to 1000 hps. the philzon with all on is better. I have them both in 24 sq vege. And with power comes height!! 24" is kind of strong in veg. even with just leds. so it's like all over. I just may bring out the ballasts and big bulbs.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I think i found the light you are talking about. The height recommendation on that is 1,2m-2,5m for veg and 1m-2m for flower. What does it draw from the wall? You can always get a kilowatt meter and measure it for yourself if you don’t know.

Never used those lights but turning the cobs on for veg is more about providing ample amounts of green and blue for veg and then the red and amber for bloom. Just start high because i’ve seen people burning and stunting their plants with monochromatic grow lights. It doesn’t look too bright to you but that specific nms provide much energy to the plants. Well not the cobs but little diodes. Cobs will look bright to you too 🙂

B

Burned Haze

My suggestion is Dim the led’s Down and keep at 12-20 inches . It’s silly keep the light further away and 100% at beginnings of your veg period (if you run at 100% and further away it just promotes stretching , more heat in room and less efficient light per par )

(I stay in the 10-50% range for veg dim. Then 50-100% to 2-3 flower )Gradually raise the percentage rate per the weeks and watch the plants and while the raise in size and stretch ( always measure your lights distance from it, 12-20 inches ) the. Look 12-24 hours later and see the results . To guarantee no heat stresses , buy a heat/humidity sensor with probe ( they are $5-15 bucks) and have a few for room and 1 for your canopy and make sure your your environment and your canopy isn’t off ( I know in my earlier years , I fucked up on that part and that’s what hurt my quality and yield so the most was unustable/heat I didn’t control )

However led grows they have found that also it’s better to grow instead of the “75-78f” it’s better to the “80f-84f”range with c02 and more calcium (30-50% + more )

F

Flybear

Thanks for info, but trying to answer own ? I took a smart phone course on led's and clearly there are different ways they are made. As far as I can tell, the electric current to the various led's is the same, and that the light or spectrum emitted is based on the component materials, anode cathode, wire, well, of the led's themselves, OR they use a phosphor coating on standard to achieve the various frequencies. Wikipedia has very good basics.

So anyway I must say that this Aglex 2000 is one very bright light. They have the 4 cobs on for the veg, and in 18 ft area is better than any hps I ever used. Very white and bright. I am concerned about their height recommendation of 4.5 ft but for veg it seems fine. I'm still impressed with the Philzon, and it seems the cobs are yellow coated. The Maxbloom 8x cobs are red coated. I've had them together in veg mode and plants very strong but going to use them for the bloom. The Maxbloom is very heavy, well built and though one fan defective it was easily replaced and ok today. I do like the dimmer dials on the Max. Price point was 400 max, 300 philzon, and 255 Aglex. Overall, I'll take the Aglex anyday.

i
So one 2000w brand agilex turns on 4 cobs with vege switch, and led array with bloom. Most others turn on the led's for the veg. And the cob's for the bloom. So I'm confused, trying to transit into the led-cob method after years hid-hps. So far Im good with them for heat vent and electric but still experimenting and dont want to lose crop. maxbloom 8x nice for dimmers. fan broke bad mfg but easily replaced. philzon cree 2000 nice. have Aglex 2000 coming, and this one has the cobs for veg. Trying to integrate these or use them correctly for modes, heights, levels, etc. None have great guidebooks, for coverage, par, heights, only very general. So if anyone has sharper insight, thanks. Big thing is getting true wattage to space. I dont think the max 8 is close to 1000 hps. the philzon with all on is better. I have them both in 24 sq vege. And with power comes height!! 24" is kind of strong in veg. even with just leds. so it's like all over. I just may bring out the ballasts and big bulbs.

F

Flybear

Thanks for info, but trying to answer own ? I took a smart phone course on led's and clearly there are different ways they are made. As far as I can tell, the electric current to the various led's is the same, and that the light or spectrum emitted is based on the component materials, anode cathode, wire, well, of the led's themselves, OR they use a phosphor coating on standard to achieve the various frequencies. Wikipedia has very good basics.

So anyway I must say that this Aglex 2000 is one very bright light. They have the 4 cobs on for the veg, and in 18 ft area is better than any hps I ever used. Very white and bright. I am concerned about their height recommendation of 4.5 ft but for veg it seems fine. I'm still impressed with the Philzon, and it seems the cobs are yellow coated. The Maxbloom 8x cobs are red coated. I've had them together in veg mode and plants very strong but going to use them for the bloom. The Maxbloom is very heavy, well built and though one fan defective it was easily replaced and ok today. I do like the dimmer dials on the Max. Price point was 400 max, 300 philzon, and 255 Aglex. Overall, I'll take the Aglex anyday.

F

Flybear

So just update to my grow with led cobs
In 2 areas about 18' square each, is a 2000 w led cob, which is like 800 draw max. Electric bills are nill. Very happy.
3 constrained plants each area
2 in middle with 800. Could have had 3 plants but wanted variety. White widow, amnesia haze, wedding cake, moby dick,
The 3 under the aglex 2000 are more full and extended than the 3 under the philzon 2000. Its more blue cool while than yellow philzon. The middle is the maxbloom 800. The 2 smaller ones under it have beautiful buds.
So big plants great veg, slower flowers and best deal at 250 is aglex
Philzon looks great but was 300 and plants are smaller, so I like aglex more.
Maxbloom probably best tuned to plants but need 2 for same space so expensive... They are solid built. Wish they had 2000 model.
Sure there's others out there. Just my feedback for anyone else.

Top Bottom