LED grow, girls are stressed and growth is stunted :/

• Thread starter Raku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Raku

Raku

still not really sure how this website works but i’m going to give it a shot

yo, i’m running 12 girls under 12 1500watt yehsence LED’s, actual watt per light with both veg and bloom switches on is 265w per light, lights are hanging 30inches above canopy, i’m in 5gal coco, temp is 80-82 and humidity is between 50-65%, my girls aren’t happy. i was feeding slightly under full strength with JACKS 3-2-1 but started hitting them with RO water because of the stress sugns. i’m hoping it’s a PH issue and not root rot or something worse. stunted growth, red stress stems and stalks, deficiencies all over the leaves, need some help and direction. my Ph is set to 5.8-6.0

Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 2
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 3
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 4
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 5
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 6
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 7
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 8
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 9
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 10
Led grow girls are stressed and growth is stunted 11
Anthem

Anthem

I believe you have a couple of things going on with the plants. It is really hard to tell the exact problems with the purple LED light color. First of all, the plants look like they have stretched quite a bit from being too far away from the light source. that is based on picture 7 thru to the end. I would do this so you do not waste the whole run, put a couple lights directly over 2 plants at 12" and a couple more of the plants at 16". Both of these should be totally safe considering these are the purple Chinese LEDs. I have had plants touching the bottom of the fixture (Listed at 170 watts) with no problems, that was with a Chinese brand that advertises on the site.
Secondly, it looks like you have a nutrient problem. Some look to be a lack of N (lower leaf's yellowing) How old are the plants, what is your PPM of nuts going into the dirt? I am not family with the nut line you are running, but based on the size I would have no problem running those with PPM of at least 600. Second, the RO water is a good idea if you have lock out because it has less of the required trace elements, but it looks like that your girls have a problem with trace elements as well. I always use a cal mag product and I add nuts every other watering. One with nuts one without.
Lastly, the purple stems and leaf stems, I have never got away from that with the LED lights. I am running high end LED's 1k to 1.5K per light and I always get it no matter the strain. I hope you do well with the lights, I am really turned off by the import LED's. I have done some research and if you do a goggle search on like best LED Grow light these inexpensive LED lights keep being the editors top picks. But you really have to look at the website address. If I was a betting man I would say the websites are created to sell the lights. I have some additional proof of this but I am not going to share on this site.
Anyways, I would drop the lights to like 12 to 16" as a test, feed at 600 ppm's with a veg based nut and add cal mag and I believe you problem should go away in a couple weeks. Just be aware the leaf damage you see will for the most part stay that way. Once the tissue is damaged it will not repair itself.

Raku

Raku

i’ve had the plants for a little over a month, my ppm is at 950 and my EC is at 1.3, hang height of lights test is in full swing, i’ve got some 12in away some 16in and another set at 20in

Top Bottom