Led Growers Unite... What Fixture Do You Use?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I am curious about what people are using. What fixture did you buy, How much power it draws, and its light footprint.

I run Spydr x Plus. They run around 660 watts from the wall and cover about 4x4ft area.

5Chord

5Chord

I'm flowering in a 3 x 4 area with 2 Apollo 300W and one BESTV 2000W......It's the cheapest crap around and I've had 3 of the 300w go bad in less than 2 years but it's a lot of great bud producing light for under $500

brazel

brazel

I'm flowering in a 3 x 4 area with 2 Apollo 300W and one BESTV 2000W......It's the cheapest crap around and I've had 3 of the 300w go bad in less than 2 years but it's a lot of great bud producing light for under $500
Do they warranty them or do you keep buying them?

5Chord

5Chord

To be brutally honest I never even tried, I just re-bought 2 of them and replaced the 3rd with the 2000w rig as they broke.....To be fair only 1 of the Apollo lights went bad.....the other 2 were Mars Hydro which is the same Chinese crap. I've heard both these companies are good with customer service but the 2000w are so cheap now, I don't think I'd even want them back

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

To be brutally honest I never even tried, I just re-bought 2 of them and replaced the 3rd with the 2000w rig as they broke.....To be fair only 1 of the Apollo lights went bad.....the other 2 were Mars Hydro which is the same Chinese crap. I've heard both these companies are good with customer service but the 2000w are so cheap now, I don't think I'd even want them back
That's the problem with subpar LED lights, they fail. So that's like 6 LED lights you bought?
You probably spent 6 to 700$ on them?
You could've bought a quality LED light for under 500$ for a 3x4 tent!

The cheap price reals you in and before you know it that cheap light ends up costing more in the long run!

Not being dick, just throwing that out there. I've been there too, around 1000$ they got from me!
But in return that got me to learn about LEDs.
Cheers

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Im apparently having problems with deficiencies caused by my two 300w white color full spectrum viparspectras.. What light would you recommend to upgrade to to stop this? (LED pref)

Apologies for the hijack. =n.n=

brazel

brazel

Im apparently having problems with deficiencies caused by my two 300w white color full spectrum viparspectras.. What light would you recommend to upgrade to to stop this? (LED pref)

Apologies for the hijack. =n.n=
Deficiencies? Like what?

If you can follow directions I'd suggest building your own but also if you can follow directions but would rather buy then timber I'd suggest... even better timber and a quantum board.

I'm not being rude about following directions, truth is some can some can't. So I wouldn't be cool with recommending you build one and you spend money but can't figure it out... ya dig

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Cant afford ocean forest.. been using happy frog 40/60 perlite amended with lime and fish emulsion/ bat guano.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I have grow big Im being careful with as someone advised me the salts were causing me problems with my hard water I dont use anymore.. I also have some slf100 Im trying.

brazel

brazel

I have grow big Im being careful with as someone advised me the salts were causing me problems with my hard water I dont use anymore.. I also have some slf100 Im trying.
You should start a grow journal! It'd generate more inputs from other growers plus we wouldn't be derailing I think it's called

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Yes... I was just asking about lights originally.. Id be too embarrassed to start a journal with this crop.. -.-

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Posting a durban poison one after I get some shite phone pics.. so Im not further derailing.

Again apologies about the hijack.

5Chord

5Chord

That's the problem with subpar LED lights, they fail. So that's like 6 LED lights you bought?
You probably spent 6 to 700$ on them?
You could've bought a quality LED light for under 500$ for a 3x4 tent!

The cheap price reals you in and before you know it that cheap light ends up costing more in the long run!

Not being dick, just throwing that out there. I've been there too, around 1000$ they got from me!
But in return that got me to learn about LEDs.
Cheers
What quality light is under $500? I'll buy it tomorrow

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I built this HLG 550 knock off for around 550$. Could be slightly more expensive now, not sure.
Parts include : HLG 480 2100b, 4 288 QBs, 4 heatsinks from horticultural lighting group, bolts or rivets for the 3/4" aluminum angle. Took me a couple hours to build this one, but I've had some practice.
100 5780

100 5783

Getting yields comparable to Cree Cobs @1400mA
100 5809

Latest posts

Top Bottom