LED growers who love their product- role call!

• Thread starter HiDaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I'm growing under cheap led floodlights. The kind for your yard.
Daylight spectrum...box of 10 was $170 on eBay. Running 8 of them, with 2 spares
This is Corleone kush, end of third week of 12/12.
It'll be interesting to see how they finish...but money-wise, growing on 800w costs less than what I was running before (about 1200w advertised Chinese no-name grow lights)
I have no idea what they actually pull at the wall....or if the buds will stay scraggly.... we'll see.

IMG 20200131 085336141
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Grew her in 2008 under a hand made LED array.
56 Watts actual draw. So flowering is excellent under the right spectral mix.
Hawaiian laws now allow me to flower outdoors in full sun.

I do so, and the buds are about the same size for for each kine plant.
When my buds showed no difference in size or potency 'tween LEDs and Hawaiian sunlight, I figured they were ready for prime time.

6 weeks

However. That statement was not quite true after more experience.
Under a 100x magnification there were considerably more trichs on the led grown buds. The suns UV-c fried off capitate glands as soon as they began to turn amber.

Sat Dec 09 22 38 38

So I put a UV filter roof on my greenhouse and now the Sun grown buds are as sparkly as their LED grown sistahs
Mon Dec 07 14 06 38 e

Anthem

Anthem

Sorry to rain on the low cost LED parade but I would have to say Gavita or Grows Choice. But these are big lights similar to the Fluence design. Yes you can get OK results with the low budget LED's but you are not going to really get the plant to fully develop under these lights. I do not consider HLG or Timber to be low budget. Have not looked at King Brite.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm growing under cheap led floodlights. The kind for your yard.
Daylight spectrum...box of 10 was $170 on eBay. Running 8 of them, with 2 spares
This is Corleone kush, end of third week of 12/12.
It'll be interesting to see how they finish...but money-wise, growing on 800w costs less than what I was running before (about 1200w advertised Chinese no-name grow lights)
I have no idea what they actually pull at the wall....or if the buds will stay scraggly.... we'll see.

First off, I am not bagging just a fact. The flower size for week 3 is very small comparted to what I see with the big brand lights. This is because the plant is not getting enough light. While you are getting some flower the overall size is going to be small and not very dense because the plant is not getting enough light.

cottageman

cottageman

Buy it nice or buy it twice is my method for buying led lights. I’ve used timber, chilled, Atreum and hlg and they all have been great lights and I’m still using all of them currently for different things. I’d be very skeptical of king broke or any of the Chinese manufacturers claiming to be exactly like hlg. The new Luxx led light looks like the new best player in town but I have a gavita led as well and it kicks ass

Anthem

Anthem

Buy it nice or buy it twice is my method for buying led lights. I’ve used timber, chilled, Atreum and hlg and they all have been great lights and I’m still using all of them currently for different things. I’d be very skeptical of king broke or any of the Chinese manufacturers claiming to be exactly like hlg. The new Luxx led light looks like the new best player in town but I have a gavita led as well and it kicks ass
Looks like LUX knocked off several different designs. 6 bars like the new fluence stuff, growers choice for the fold and onboard dimmer.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Hello,

My name is Dan and I am with Timber Grow Lights. If you have any questions about our COB lights, or LEDs in general, I would be happy to assist.

Have a good day.

Regards,
Dan
I am trying to hold off on purchasing just yet (I just spent $200+ on new MH and HPS bulbs) and I keep telling myself to wait for a couple of flowering cycles. Those Redwood VS are calling my name though. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

cottageman

cottageman

Looks like LUX knocked off several different designs. 6 bars like the new fluence stuff, growers choice for the fold and onboard dimmer.
And better efficiency and a tad more light output for $100 more than growers choice, definitely going to pick one up and see how it works

specklefart

specklefart

This is my first grow, so my only experience is using an HLG 320xl kit. The plants were extremely bushy with tight nodes, compared to others pics I've seen. Have done a lot of deflowering. I'm now 45 days into flower growing a gorilla glue strain. Outgrew my 4x2 with two plants so had to build a room. The website says it runs 50-60 days indoors and the insert says 60-70 days. I'm happy with the production so far, but could be growing corn for all I know.

Also, bought a cheap usb microscope and it took some finessing to get a clear shot. Do you guys have surgeon hands or what?

S20200218 013
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

This is my first grow, so my only experience is using an HLG 320xl kit. The plants were extremely bushy with tight nodes, compared to others pics I've seen. Have done a lot of deflowering. I'm now 45 days into flower growing a gorilla glue strain. Outgrew my 4x2 with two plants so had to build a room. The website says it runs 50-60 days indoors and the insert says 60-70 days. I'm happy with the production so far, but could be growing corn for all I know.

Also, bought a cheap usb microscope and it took some finessing to get a clear shot. Do you guys have surgeon hands or what?
must be nice to have so many flowers that you gotta deflower em...dang

Nice looking grow BTW especially for a first! Good job man! Oh I also have a 320xl HLG, love it!

Munch517

Munch517

I'm quite happy with my Fluence Spydr 2p lights (645w), each covers a 4x4 area with enough light to require CO2 to get the most out of them. These are on day 41, 8 plants, 16 tops each in a 4'x8'. There's still more I can get out of this setup if I can do my part.

IMG 20200219 043539
IMG 20200219 043545

IMG 20200219 043334

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

24” from most of the canopy. The taller buds were showing some light stress so I raised it to about 26”

ya same here 2' can be too close, its even worse with multiple fixtures, I have to get them a good 26" to be safe if not 28 inches or more (I have 3 HLG set ups & 1 chilled logic/Growma5 4 puck 320 watt fixture. I can run the 2 260xl set ups I have a little closer tho

BigCube

BigCube

I'm running 2x 240w kingbrites with top bin lm301b's. For a total of 480w in a 3x3x6 tent. Thats about 53w per square foot. I have my lights about 3 ft above the canopy atm.
20200219 114609

Also supplement with red for 5 or 6 hours a day starting around week 3 of flower.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Latest posts

Top Bottom