LED growers who love their product- role call!

• Thread starter HiDaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I'm running 2x 240w kingbrites with top bin lm301b's. For a total of 480w in a 3x3x6 tent. Thats about 53w per square foot. I have my lights about 3 ft above the canopy atm.View attachment 943350

Also supplement with red for 5 or 6 hours a day starting around week 3 of flower.
whats the PAR at that height at the canopy level with the 2 kingbrites?

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

The earth's stratosphere stops any and all uvc produced by the sun before it reaches earth.

Uvc is deadly to living cells.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I'm quite happy with my Fluence Spydr 2p lights (645w), each covers a 4x4 area with enough light to require CO2 to get the most out of them. These are on day 41, 8 plants, 16 tops each in a 4'x8'. There's still more I can get out of this setup if I can do my part.

View attachment 943309View attachment 943311
View attachment 943312
why so much fade so early? I find if I do not keep the strains I'm running extremely green thru week 7 (strains that are done anywhere from 8 to 9 weeks) they just do not turn out quite as potent, I can't get that sort of fade that early without a drop off in overall potency & I get less trichome development compared to darker green plants. Or is this just the way it is with that Fluence light??

BigCube

BigCube

I'd have to borrow a par meter again to find out. Not sure. I'll do some readings and conversations from lux a bit later to get a round about number for you if you want. I vegged them with the lights in the same place (about a foot shorter before they grew) and only had fixtures dimmed to 60%. They are full bright now.

BigCube

BigCube

Just opened the tent for the first time in 2 days 🤣. Canopy is 27 inches away from the light, and the calculator puts it at 1141.65 umol/s/m2

That's an average of 60,000 lux at 27 inches accounting for 3000k high CRI led, according to the calculator I used.

Munch517

Munch517

why so much fade so early? I find if I do not keep the strains I'm running extremely green thru week 7 (strains that are done anywhere from 8 to 9 weeks) they just do not turn out quite as potent, I can't get that sort of fade that early without a drop off in overall potency & I get less trichome development compared to darker green plants. Or is this just the way it is with that Fluence light??

I think it's because I'm pushing them really hard and still dialing up the nutes, I also just draught stressed them. I'm running at 1300 ppm of CO2 and those lights are normally about 4"-6" from the tops. I had overfed when I was running without CO2 so I've been cautious about going too crazy until I saw how they responded. I was running less than 2/3 strength nutes, actually just upped to full strength on the watering before those pics. This is where that whole "getting more out of the setup if I can do my part" thing comes in, I will go back to being a little more aggressive with feedings again next round.

HiDaze

HiDaze

I found a company local to the PNW with a 5 year warranty on all their lights. I'll post some additional information after I arrive home.

To me, a 5 year warranty stands out. Most have a 2 year limited warranty. These folks will replace the entire unit if anything goes wrong.

cottageman

cottageman

I found a company local to the PNW with a 5 year warranty on all their lights. I'll post some additional information after I arrive home.

To me, a 5 year warranty stands out. Most have a 2 year limited warranty. These folks will replace the entire unit if anything goes wrong.
Please do! Always interested in seeing another quality led maker. The 5 year warranty is pretty huge as well, it’s one of the reasons I went with gavita led to test in my hps room. 5 year warranty and if anything goes wrong I bring it back to my local shop and they swap it out on the spot and then send it back to gavita. It’s a comforting thing to know especially when buying more than 1

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

The earth's stratosphere stops any and all uvc produced by the sun before it reaches earth.

Uvc is deadly to living cells.

You are correct sir.

"The atmosphere blocks about 77% of the Sun's UV, when the Sun is highest in the sky (at zenith), with absorption increasing at shorter UV wavelengths. At ground level with the sun at zenith, sunlight is 44% visible light, 3% ultraviolet, and the remainder infrared.[21][22] Of the ultraviolet radiation that reaches the Earth's surface, more than 95% is the longer wavelengths of UVA, with the small remainder UVB. There is essentially no UVC. "

Should have said UV-b was the culprit.
It burns us and it burns the plants.
Filtering it out increased my RSO yield ~20%with no loss in potency.

Mahalo for the correction.
Weeze

Latest posts

Top Bottom