LED growers who love their product- role call!

• Thread starter HiDaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HiDaze

HiDaze

Heres the simple way of putting it...cheap ($120 - $200) LEDs seem to work for veg. Veg is the "easy" part.

Who has had experience with LEDs through bloom that can stand by their end product and truthfully say they were happy with light saturation, footprint of their light and overall health of their plant(s) from beginning to end.

Thus far I would say my LED worked well for the easy part of my grow but I am a little disappointed with my blooming footprint (900w philizon LED). Yes - this particular strain was an intentional experiment but I honestly find this particular LED lack luster in bloom

Thoughts.. ideas.. rants... welcome! But keep it focused on LEDs without comparing to HPS or HID 🤞

FourthCity

FourthCity

I have Timber cobs and HLG quantum boards, they work great. It seems like people are having a lot of success with Kingbrite on Alibaba, their lights appear to have all the high quality components and are less expensive than the brands I first mentioned. I dont know if the potential warranty hassles are worth the small savings but I do think they represent a good option.

HiDaze

HiDaze

I have Timber cobs and HLG quantum boards, they work great. It seems like people are having a lot of success with Kingbrite on Alibaba, their lights appear to have all the high quality components and are less expensive than the brands I first mentioned. I dont know if the potential warranty hassles are worth the small savings but I do think they represent a good option.

What type of energy consumption do you see with Timber or HLG? Kingbrite popped only radar about a month ago but havent given them much thought. Looked like another knock off brand initially but anyone with real world input would be a great source of knowledge.

Personally a warranty isnt much of an issue unless something truly catastrophic occurs. Thanks for chiming in 👌👌

FourthCity

FourthCity

What type of energy consumption do you see with Timber or HLG? Kingbrite popped only radar about a month ago but havent given them much thought. Looked like another knock off brand initially but anyone with real world input would be a great source of knowledge.

Personally a warranty isnt much of an issue unless something truly catastrophic occurs. Thanks for chiming in 👌👌
Never tested it with a meter, I know you said no comparisons to hps but mostly thanks to the dimmers I think the leds use less power over the course of the grow.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Never tested it with a meter, I know you said no comparisons to hps but mostly thanks to the dimmers I think the leds use less power over the course of the grow.

Maybe I should make an amendment HPS has been the standard for many years 😅

Lowered energy cost goes to LEDs. Seeing that energy bill stay low. especially while growing was s nice change of pace.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm New to this indoor stuff but with that said

I think with ANY LED in Flower you NEED to add Red............... and Blue But I know for sure Extra Red Helps in Flower..........

I Run KingBrites........... and LOVE THEM........................................

and the CS from Vicky is hands down Great.......... Shipped to the usa in a week............. answers emails within 24hrs.......

More then I can Say for Most USA Base Companys Now a Days.......... 😂

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I have to say I’m still loving the qb132 with a 9 board spread over a 4x4. I’m about to make some changes and try some new things so we will see. Still love my HLG boards. No issues and some have been running well over a year 24/7 with only power outages being their down time

AladInsane

AladInsane

Am using 4 200 watt Timber Grow Light LED's that I built. My grow area is 3' X 7'. Been using LED's for 6 or 7 years. Was using 3 300 watt Advanced LED's. When one of 'em quit working and I called customer service about replacement parts and was told they were obsolete. They wanted to sell me a new light, that's when I built my first Timber LED. Very pleased with it so I built 3 more. Am germinating my first seeds as we speak. My Timber LED's are white lights.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
haven't been running or growing long enough to compare much. but i will add that other than the ability to daisy chaining them together. i think the spider farmer boards are nice for the price. i have 4-1000's and 1-2000 in my flower room. i have no freaking clue what wattage output that is as i suck hard mode at math and shit, but its bright!! also while the boards are merely warm to the touch. they will also raise the room temp by around 10 degrees while running. so they kick on at 5am and by 6am the room is up to day time temps with only a dehumidifier and a few fans. there is a oil heater that kicks on if need be, but its rare during the day. so count me down as a happy LED user.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I only have experience with the blurple Mars Hydro lights. I have always used them in conjunction with HPS and MH lights during flower. I would love to try out one of their newer full spectrum lights, though.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

My first LED was a 300w galaxyhydro and it was only good for flowering. The only one I ever used but it was effective for flowering buds. I have a FSGTEK 1500w COB full spectrum shipping soon so I should get a better bang for bloom. Plus I won't need to use cfls to veg my grows.

20200124 154739
KSSR

KSSR

Heres the simple way of putting it...cheap ($120 - $200) LEDs seem to work for veg. Veg is the "easy" part.

Who has had experience with LEDs through bloom that can stand by their end product and truthfully say they were happy with light saturation, footprint of their light and overall health of their plant(s) from beginning to end.

Thus far I would say my LED worked well for the easy part of my grow but I am a little disappointed with my blooming footprint (900w philizon LED). Yes - this particular strain was an intentional experiment but I honestly find this particular LED lack luster in bloom

Thoughts.. ideas.. rants... welcome! But keep it focused on LEDs without comparing to HPS or HID 🤞
I'm using some off brand led and a mars hydro reflector 96 and not gonna lie this cheap one is kicking ass.

BigCube

BigCube

LM301 Quantum boards FTW.

Kingbrite seems to be a good manufacturer.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

LM301 Quantum boards FTW.

Kingbrite seems to be a good manufacturer.

You really need to look at the specs on Alibaba. For example...The Spider Farmer SF-2000. It has like 880 diodes and sells for $250ish USD. If you go on Spider Farmers site....the SF-2000 has 1212 diodes but costs Over $500 USD.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Jesus this thread hit a stride. Trying to absorb everyone's input during my lunch break isnt happening.

Those Mars Hydros seem to be popular (maybe due to the competition going on?). Plan to look into em a bit.

I'll chime in after work!

Top Bottom