LED/ HPS/ CMH= WTF

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your grows in tents?
My led/hydro/scrog is a small sealed room. Growth is really good. This is 2 weeks I don't know if pics show the time stamps.

My HPS/soil is just open room but I don't have pics because of plant limits it's at a friend's.

I don't really take many pics for reasons. The last is the equipment side of my led grow.

IMG 20190529 220932
IMG 20190613 105352
IMG 20190613 105305
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Just to clarify, my current grow is 12x14 with 8 foot ceilings. All the plants and lights are in the same 12x14 room. Lights are hanging in different areas in the room.
My current results I have posted are accurate to the best of my ability.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to clarify, my current grow is 12x14 with 8 foot ceilings. All the plants and lights are in the same 12x14 room. Lights are hanging in different areas in the room.
My current results I have posted are accurate to the best of my ability.
In my opinion and only that... Like I said I think led is more well suited to sog and scrog style grows. I can't say for sure but I feel like if I was doing open room where my plants are reaching 5+ feet tall I would prob steer away from led also

But if you take the same room and scrog 4' rows I would probably go LED.

I think the challenge is penetration but I'm no expert. Right light for the job kinda thing.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sucks it didn't work out so far. That has always been my concern with them. I'm keeping plants a lot shorter and a little less veg now so maybe it's a viable option. The main thing Im waiting to see is the longevity of these "expensive" setups. If you are only getting 2-3 years out of them think I'll continue waiting. Also would like to see what kind of die back you get after a year or so or if the spectrum shifts.
as tech moves along the price should come down. And we are keeping an eye on “ burn back” not to concerned about spectrum it’s more about intensity

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks good bro!
Here’s a question for you guys.
This is a old grow room I built some years ago.
14x12 with 7 foot ceilings.
What LED capacity would it take to sufficiently flower in this room and will I get quality canopy penetration?
12 plants in 25 gallon pots
4 ton carrier package unit heat or A/C when needed.
Running co2.
9282483F 8D25 4407 963B D87F30444BB0

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks good bro!
Here’s a question for you guys.
This is a old grow room I built some years ago.
14x12 with 7 foot ceilings.
What LED capacity would it take to sufficiently flower in this room and will I get quality canopy penetration?
12 plants in 25 gallon pots
4 ton carrier package unit heat or A/C when needed.
Running co2.View attachment 905901
I would say 50w/sq foot would be ideal. Add 10% if the LEDs are using lenses.

About 18" seems to be the sweet spot for my hlg 600.
Its 620w and I flower a 4x4 but it's also in a highly reflective area. That about 40/sq foot and I do run CO2.
I get about 70k lux at that height but I do push it to 80k and a bit closer for stretch and the first 5weeks of flower Inan 8 week strain

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would say 50w/sq foot would be ideal. Add 10% if the LEDs are using lenses.

About 18" seems to be the sweet spot for my hlg 600.
Its 620w and I flower a 4x4 but it's also in a highly reflective area. That about 40/sq foot and I do run CO2.
I get about 70k lux at that height but I do push it to 80k and a bit closer for stretch and the first 5weeks of flower Inan 8 week strain
But will I get quality canopy penetration for a 4-5 foot plant? If it’s at 70k-80k lux at the top of the canopy where am I at 1-2 feet below the top of the canopy?
And is it effective enough to produce?

1363D7DB FDAE 42AB A40F 6052A2F03000
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But will I get quality canopy penetration for a 4-5 foot plant? If it’s at 70k-80k lux at the top of the canopy where am I at 1-2 feet below the top of the canopy?
And is it effective enough to produce?
I wish I could answer you. I have never used my led in an open grow area or without a scrog. I would believe that if you had optimal coverage at 50w/sq foot yes. I can however take lumen readings at different heights after I get home from work for comparison if you like

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

My led/hydro/scrog is a small sealed room. Growth is really good. This is 2 weeks I don't know if pics show the time stamps.

My HPS/soil is just open room but I don't have pics because of plant limits it's at a friend's.

I don't really take many pics for reasons. The last is the equipment side of my led grow.
freaking jelly of this room amazing bro

Top Bottom