LED/ HPS/ CMH= WTF

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok @1diesel1 I goofed hard on the numbers i gave ya. I'm a dummy and forgot I don't run my light on max because i don't have the height. At 4' my hlg 600 at 620w is 60k, at 3 feet its 73k at 28" it maxes my meter at 90k.

I'm not sure what LED you have but you can compare those numbers and see if its similar to your LED and your other lighting

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

My led/hydro/scrog is a small sealed room. Growth is really good. This is 2 weeks I don't know if pics show the time stamps.

My HPS/soil is just open room but I don't have pics because of plant limits it's at a friend's.

I don't really take many pics for reasons. The last is the equipment side of my led grow.
I like the way you made your scrog net been thinking how i am gonna make mine for a while now, think i just found a solution hahah

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, I've started to notice the CMH is tough to beat. Like you, I've always been indoor. Mostly closets though. Until tents became a thing 😆

The last cob led I bought I thought was awesome compared to my hps, cause I was getting similar results from the led, at half the unlit price, half the wattage and half the heat.

Then 1 of the 5 cobs blew out, I had a backup so not a problem, but when I compare the CMH to the LED it's like night and day. The plants just look healthier. Fuller, thicker almost.

While I will probably still veg under led, I'm sure the CMH is going to become my main flower light.

What bulb are you using?

Moshmen

Moshmen

How big of space you got the hgl 600 in?
I only ask cuz I believe that is the direction I will go

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah, I've started to notice the CMH is tough to beat. Like you, I've always been indoor. Mostly closets though. Until tents became a thing 😆

The last cob led I bought I thought was awesome compared to my hps, cause I was getting similar results from the led, at half the unlit price, half the wattage and half the heat.

Then 1 of the 5 cobs blew out, I had a backup so not a problem, but when I compare the CMH to the LED it's like night and day. The plants just look healthier. Fuller, thicker almost.

While I will probably still veg under led, I'm sure the CMH is going to become my main flower light.

What bulb are you using?
HPS been running the gavita but There aged at this point. Picking up new hortilux this weekend I’ll start flower week 1 at 1000w then up it to 1150w at week 3 to finish. The CMH Phillips 325w.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Another observation I had in my room was controlling the temp. With the led fired up at the highest light intensity my temps were fluctuating between 73f and 80f. No mater what I did a/c setting fan positions etc. I could not get a solid setting. When I pulled the led and fired up the HPS bamm 76f strait across the board no fluctuation in temp whatsoever.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What's neat about those Kill-a-Watt gizmos, is that you can leave them plugged to your light, and dial down the power very accurately....Amperage and or by wattage, assuming you have some sort of dimmer. NOT FOR MOST BURPLES, that are not dimmable, but you can still check the draw with and without the Flower and Neg switches on and off 💡

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Final observation LED/ HPS/ CMH= WTF,
LED in a small enclosed environmental situation closet, tent etc. is much more appropriate for growing. As far as I can tell controlling the environment is much more appropriate for this lighting technology.

HPS/CMH in higher watts is completely different in the manor of heat and and light intensity. Canopy penetration is much more successful and appropriate for large rooms and warehouse grows.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Now for cost comparison LED/HPS/ CMH.
Remember we are talking about cost of electricity for each light and production of herb.
You have to take into account what you are making back when you finish your 2 month flowering production IE cost of electricity.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Final observation LED/ HPS/ CMH= WTF,
LED in a small enclosed environmental situation closet, tent etc. is much more appropriate for growing. As far as I can tell controlling the environment is much more appropriate for this lighting technology.

HPS/CMH in higher watts is completely different in the manor of heat and and light intensity. Canopy penetration is much more successful and appropriate for large rooms and warehouse grows.

Dont you remember 6 strings cob rooms? Threads should still be here. He was doing what you want with led. Unreal results he has. Shame he left here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No, I do not.

Took a minute to search.

Latest posts

Top Bottom