LED lights for 8x4 grow tent

• Thread starter Amandajo84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Munch517

Munch517

View attachment 945696
2 of these is more than enough..no need for 2k$ in lights

The big downside of those, and the HLGs for that matter, is the poor light spread, almost as bad as an HID. Look at that PAR chart, the intensity at the center is over twice what it is even at the edge of the 3x3 square. You'd have to keep the light at 24" over the center without CO2 to prevent burn while the edge of the 4x4 area is receiving less light than what you'd want in veg. That's why I'd recommend the ROI over the HLG, looking at those charts reminded me of just how much better bar style lights are. It honestly makes me hesitant to even recommend HLGs anymore.

Anthem

Anthem

The big downside of those, and the HLGs for that matter, is the poor light spread, almost as bad as an HID. Look at that PAR chart, the intensity at the center is over twice what it is even at the edge of the 3x3 square. You'd have to keep the light at 24" over the center without CO2 to prevent burn while the edge of the 4x4 area is receiving less light than what you'd want in veg. That's why I'd recommend the ROI over the HLG, looking at those charts reminded me of just how much better bar style lights are. It honestly makes me hesitant to even recommend HLGs anymore.

Very good points!!!

Munch517

Munch517

For the money set them
View attachment 945702
More China shit...I'd buy any of these before any 1000$ light..

If you're tight on money these might be a good option, if they're real Samsung diodes and have a decent driver they probably wouldn't be bad, notwithstanding build quality, reliability and customer service. It's a gamble with off-brand cheap stuff. That being said, to dismiss more expensive lights right off isn't good advice. There's a reason why commercial growers, who care about costs more than anyone, get high end lights. It's because over the course of years it makes economic sense to do so. If you can afford the upfront expense without breaking yourself and know you'll use the lights for some years I'd personally bet that good name brand, high efficiency lights will make sense for the price difference. "Buy once, cry once" is a model I've adopted after wasting my fair share of money on what turned out to be trash.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
There is just so much information on the web and I've been trying to do as much research as possible. I have been stuck in which lights to get for over a week now. I am new to this and I know that lighting is one of the most important factors and I just want to it right. I am wondering if the HIDs would be better for me to start out with or if that would make my electricity bill go waaaayyyy up. There are so many options, I'm glad I didn't order the cheap LEDs!!
i use 1000 watt metal halide than switch it with 1000 watt high pressure sodium for flowering, though i may go to ceramic.
my hydro bill maybe $40-50 per bill and my lights are on during the expensive rate, it’s not that bad and more worth it for growing.
never ever had heat problems or anything, in a 4x4 tent 6.5 ft tall.

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

There is just so much information on the web and I've been trying to do as much research as possible. I have been stuck in which lights to get for over a week now. I am new to this and I know that lighting is one of the most important factors and I just want to it right. I am wondering if the HIDs would be better for me to start out with or if that would make my electricity bill go waaaayyyy up. There are so many options, I'm glad I didn't order the cheap LEDs!!
Any answer you get will be an opinion. Hps is tried and true, but LEDs have come a long way and are worth considering.

That being said, to figure out how much any appliance costs to run simply review your electric bill and look at "kwh" price. That price represents the cost of running 1000watts for one hour.

Then, take appliance wattage and multiply by # of hours on and divide by 1000.

For example, 600watts x 18 hours = 10800 watts. 10800/1000 = 10.8 KW

10.8kw x price of each kwh = cost to run per day.

This calculation does not include cooling so you'll need to calculate BTUs produced and also do the math for running your ac system or fans.

I always like to round up a bit bc no appliance runs at 100% efficiency, especially as they age, so perhaps add 5-10% to your total so as not to be surprised.

Indiva710

Indiva710

Get x2 scynceled raging Kush And u will never have to buy lights again total game changer hands down thee best led company on thee market period all made in the usa and all made in house too thee most legit led company period

mrjohn

mrjohn

There aren’t any commercial led grow lights available for 4x8 grow tent. you can use combination of multiple led lights which will be totaling1400w - 1600W at flowering and 800w -1000w VEGETATION STAG. Here is a complete guide about your problem, i hope it will help you, Click Here.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
For the money set them
View attachment 945702
More China shit...I'd buy any of these before any 1000$ light..
I think I would LOVE one of those 12 Bars Spider light... Actually... Make that two of them, if they're any good I would say 2-3 kg out of my 1x2x2.2m tent would be a possibility 😊

Top Bottom