LED lights

• Thread starter poina
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MR.KUSH-STI

i use an led-cfl combo for veg and it has worked very nicely.

1. less heat, i can keep it relly close to the plant,
It also is nice because i have a small veg room. so heat is def an issue.

K

Kalcu

I did come across a warning about ultra blue LED lights, they can damage the eye.

High-energy visible light
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Blue-light hazard)
Jump to: navigation, search

In ophthalmology, high-energy visible light (HEV light) is high-frequency light in the violet/blue band from 380 to 530 nm in the visible spectrum.[1] HEV light has been implicated as a cause of age-related macular degeneration.[2][3]

Some sunglasses are now designed specifically to block HEV.[1]
[edit] Blue-light hazard

Blue-light hazard is defined as the potential for a photochemical induced retinal injury resulting from radiation exposure at wavelengths primarily between 400 nm and 500 nm.[4] The mechanisms for photochemical induced retinal injury are caused by the absorption of light by photoreceptors in the eye. Under normal conditions when light hits a photoreceptor, the cell bleaches and becomes useless until it has recovered through a metabolic process called the visual cycle.[5][6] Absorption of blue light, however, has been shown to cause a reversal of the process where cells become unbleached and responsive again to light before it is ready. This greatly increases the potential for oxidative damage.[7] By this mechanism, some biological tissues such as skin, the lens of the eye, and in particular the retina may show irreversible changes induced by prolonged exposure to moderate levels of UV radiation and short-wavelength light.[citation needed]
[edit] References

B

bridgerMTkush

Has anyone tried auto-flowering strains under a good high quality led? ...Cree diode not standard diodes...?

V

VanillaGorillaH

IMG_02463.jpg
im currentlry using LEDs for veg only, works great very tight plants the 3 plants in the pic are mothers,however i wouldnt use LEDs for flowering they just dont do the job, im flowering under 400w hps and 400w mh, no comparison :rauch08:

D

dojoohno

I have a 90w LED that was pretty good on 2 plants but the buds were not very dense and it took forever for the trichomes to finish.

C

cannaclysm

Ok so every one ditches their led for hids but why not use both? Seems to me using both would be better than using either one by themselves

Everything has thier pros and cons and it looks like these two could balance themselves out very nicely, would love to give it a try myself but funds are low, or more like no funds lol

Top Bottom