Led or hps sea of green?

• Thread starter Wildill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildill

Wildill

What's I'm guys I have a 2.5 x 2.5 small closet that I'm going 20 put 20 plants in sea of green style. I was wondering what would be best lighting I have old 150 watt hps and 400 watt laying around I was thinking maybe a vertical 400? I can have a 6 and 4 inch fan also so I'll be able to keep temps in check or would the 150hps be better? I was even thinking about get 60o watt led I'm leaning more towards the led due to the fact the heat will be much to handle just not sure how the led would compare in the yield department?

S

shadowseeds

Personally th8nk the 400 is a good fit. With the proper ventalation. Without good ventalation id go led and maybe cfl or t5. I think 20 plants is too much, just my 2 cents. Have fun look forward to seei g what you do:)

Is that 600? Or 60 watt led? Cause 600 watt led might be way too much. 8n terms of yield the 600 led should destroy the 400 hps.

Wildill

Wildill

Personally th8nk the 400 is a good fit. With the proper ventalation. Without good ventalation id go led and maybe cfl or t5. I think 20 plants is too much, just my 2 cents. Have fun look forward to seei g what you do:)

Is that 600? Or 60 watt led? Cause 600 watt led might be way too much. 8n terms of yield the 600 led should destroy the 400 hps.

It's a 600 watt led I'm curious to see how it would perform. I want to fill the area in completely I'm going to be using square pots and flower rooted clones at about 4inch. I was thinking about maybe even using a 250 watt light

Icristal

Icristal

It's a 600 watt led I'm curious to see how it would perform. I want to fill the area in completely I'm going to be using square pots and flower rooted clones at about 4inch. I was thinking about maybe even using a 250 watt light

D

Duck Phobert

led are great for veg but unless you have a spyder i wouldnt use led for flower

Huckster79

Huckster79

Use both! Hps as your horse led for some added spectrum... Going this route you don't have to spend the retire,net funds on LEDs but gain some benefit to...

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Get a 315cmh instead of an led- perfect for that size space and relatively cool light depending on the model you get. Or stick with the 400.

Huckster79

Huckster79

Not a bad point! I use a 400w cmh in veg and the girls love it... Was 180 bulb, wing and ballast on Htg. Had I not already had a 1000w hps already purchased for flower I wudda bought two for flower. I think either way would do you well even from my limited experience..

Hard to go wrong w more light as long as it's good usable light...

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

led are great for veg but unless you have a spyder i wouldnt use led for flower

Really? The amount of BAD information boggles the mind. I own a SPYDR 600@ ~ 350w actual ($999), and it is a 'good' led, BUT, my Amare Technologies SE 220 @ 220w actual ($695) blew it away with the same strain, while providing flexibility the SPYDR ( last picture) does not

IMG 3147
IMG 3148
IMG 3139
SPDR 600
SilentL

SilentL

This with HPS and Led ; What I think and do about it : I use Both but for seed and clones I use cfl and some smaller led spots. Maybe I buy a led for clones and seeds because they love led in veg. Flower I get more " fruit " in my flowers with HPS side by side with Led if it gets to hot I dim hps 600-400 ( I don't change 600 to 400 during day ; I don't want do destroy the lamp by changing settings to often ) or put in a smaller ( 250 ) and/or two cfl's and ledspots ( 5w-20w ) wich I can put down beside them, so there are some choises. That's how I manage heat problem. the building doesn't have good ventilation and put out vent so neighbours can see it's not an option! . Yes It's hot during summer 26-29 deegrees / sunny day. I push them so very important to lower temp during night and one or two day a week only led , it is the only wich can cover the area good and lowest temp and still growing slow though.
Yes the led Spider cob 432w actual 265w I think, some say that and some that....anyway it works fine. Move them aroud it's good so they get differnt light different angels. Some spots more intense light , then I can put they who can stand it in bright light etc..

Last edited:
A

Ahimsa

Why are important colors on your spider on the ground level not ab0ve the plants those different rays and lots you can't see boost a lot of shit are you sure your even using your light correctly

A

Ahimsa

Sea of green more plants the better less work for them little more watering for you but canopy gets full faster and that's basically the difference more places - faster full canopy

A

Ahimsa

Plus bigger buds and try to grow them out then at the end use blue agave raw 5ml per gallon and the yield will boom and the taste will be sweet and clean if you flush till your plants are yellow as fuck or another color entirely

Top Bottom