led ?s

• Thread starter Blankstates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blankstates

Blankstates

So I just hooked up a 1000w bestva led.. it has a veg n bloom toggle switch. Now the question I have is do I use them accordingly or I have heard to run both on during both veg light cycle and bloom light cycles cause u use the full spectrum the light offers. Real curious on this. Also have heard you can cook a crop real easy with less. Lemme know yall. Thanks.

BigCube

BigCube

Most fixtures with veg and bloom switches are so under powered, you're better off having them both on all the time.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

So I just hooked up a 1000w bestva led.. it has a veg n bloom toggle switch. Now the question I have is do I use them accordingly or I have heard to run both on during both veg light cycle and bloom light cycles cause u use the full spectrum the light offers. Real curious on this. Also have heard you can cook a crop real easy with less. Lemme know yall. Thanks.

#1 that light is no where near 1000 watts, its not even = to a 1000 HID watt "replacement or equivalent" LED, not even close, those are like 100 watts or 150 watts at the wall & honestly are total garbage, any blurple looking light is garbage in todays world. Terrible efficiency for LED's, way under powered.. you will need 5 of them to get any where close to the yield you probably want to get

BigCube

BigCube

Just looked up your light.

- Avg. Power Draw: 185W

In a 2x2 this would be decent. At 45w per sq ft. You can use just veg when the plants are small sproutlings. But you'll want them both on for the rest of the grow.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Just looked up your light.

- Avg. Power Draw: 185W

In a 2x2 this would be decent. At 45w per sq ft. You can use just veg when the plants are small sproutlings. But you'll want them both on for the rest of the grow.
that light is at best is 80% efficient.. so it would be no where near 45 watts per ft2, you are losing 40 watts to inefficiency (in heat & driver loss, fans & what not) so in the real world that would be 35 watts per ft2 in a 2x2 and that 35 watts is probably pushing it, it's likely lower than that!

BigCube

BigCube

that light is at best is 80% efficient.. so it would be no where near 45 watts per ft2, you are losing 40 watts to inefficiency (in heat & driver loss, fans & what not) so in the real world that would be 35 watts per ft2 in a 2x2 and that 35 watts is probably pushing it, it's likely lower than that!

That has nothing to do with how he can use the light, the point of the thread. I am here to help the guy, not to shit talk his equipment.
If you are, leave me out of it. Thanks

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

That has nothing to do with how he can use the light, the point of the thread. I am here to help the guy, not to shit talk his equipment.
If you are, leave me out of it. Thanks
when I hear someone say they bought a 1000 watt light I assume they want to cover what a real 1000 watt light covers, like 4x4 (or with LED more like 5x5 or more) & that light wont do but 25% of that area at very very best.. just speaking facts not BS.. who buys a light to run at 250 watts per ft2 because thats what a "1000 watt" would be in a 2x2 so I assume it is not for a 2x2... sorry

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can we just agree the lamp covers a 2x2 for flowering and yes keep both switches on for best results. But raise the light if the plants show light stress and trial and error will help discover the sweet spots in height for the different plant stages. Look for flat happy leaves.

Blankstates

Blankstates

I understand that in comparative it doesnt use as much power. Not a rookie I was curious cause this the second time I've used it and dont wanna cook my gals. I've heard from different folks to use both switches on for both veg n bloom cycles. This light compares to a 600w HPS I read. Just a noob with less I normally run a 8 bulb t5 for veg. But less power usage and less lights i gotta fuck with sounded nice. Everything seems to be stacking real nice with it. Any how thanks for the info.

Blankstates

Blankstates

I understand that in comparative it doesnt use as much power. Not a rookie I was curious cause this the second time I've used it and dont wanna cook my gals. I've heard from different folks to use both switches on for both veg n bloom cycles. This light compares to a 600w HPS I read. Just a noob with less I normally run a 8 bulb t5 for veg. But less power usage and less lights i gotta fuck with sounded nice. Everything seems to be stacking real nice with it. Any how thanks for the info.
Got it in a 4 by 8

Blankstates

Blankstates

when I hear someone say they bought a 1000 watt light I assume they want to cover what a real 1000 watt light covers, like 4x4 (or with LED more like 5x5 or more) & that light wont do but 25% of that area at very very best.. just speaking facts not BS.. who buys a light to run at 250 watts per ft2 because thats what a "1000 watt" would be in a 2x2 so I assume it is not for a 2x2... sorry
Got it in a 4by8

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

that light is more in range with the output of a 250 watt HPS, its not even at a 400 watt HPS matching output & no where near what a 600 watt HPS puts out.. just being 100% honest with ya! You shouldn't fry anything with that light unless its 1"-5" from the plant tops!

BigCube

BigCube

You are going to want more than that in a 4x8.

4x8=32×35=1120

What you want is 1200 actual watts distributed evenly over the 4x8 footprint.

This light in a 4x8 is not going to perform as you think. Nowhere near a 600w HID. But do let us know how it goes.

Blankstates

Blankstates

That's what the maker claims. only using it on a 4 by 4 tray tho atm planned on getting prolly 2 more for the whole tent.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

That's what the maker claims. only using it on a 4 by 4 tray tho atm planned on getting prolly 2 more for the whole tent.
the maker doesn't claim it, the seller does, bestiva isn't any maker, a random company in china is the maker & the exact same light is sold under 100 names & made by proly 10 different chinese factories. All bestiva is, is a name a vendor chose for a chinese company to put on it.. you can order 50 of em from china & they will put whatever name you want on it & doe the box artwork anyway you would like & any claims they make are mostly bogus hence the 1000 watt in description. Very high failure rate, way higher than better led's & they are seriously a fire hazard on top of everything else... you should steer clear of stuff like that.. I'm being 100% straight with you! if you want two more of them I would really recommend spending what you are gonna spend on 2 more of those & put that same $$ into 1 light from a much better company!

It's not funny when one of their internal 3 cent fans goes out & the light heats up till it catches fire because the led drivers they use have no thermal protection & so your house burns down

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

the maker doesn't claim it, the seller does, bestiva isn't any maker, a random company in china is the maker & the exact same light is sold under 100 names & made by proly 10 different chinese factories. All bestiva is, is a name a vendor chose for a chinese company to put on it.. you can order 50 of em from china & they will put whatever name you want on it & doe the box artwork anyway you would like & any claims they make are mostly bogus hence the 1000 watt in description. Very high failure rate, way higher than better led's & they are seriously a fire hazard on top of everything else... you should steer clear of stuff like that.. I'm being 100% straight with you! if you want two more of them I would really recommend spending what you are gonna spend on 2 more of those & put that same $$ into 1 light from a much better company!

It's not funny when one of their internal 3 cent fans goes out & the light heats up till it catches fire because the led drivers they use have no thermal protection & so your house burns down

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink!!!

BigCube

BigCube

Cheap fixtures have their place. Mainly to start the user off cheap and easy. Most new led users figure out pretty quick most fixtures are severely overrated.

I'm betting within a grow or two, you're going to want more from your light. When you get there, research quantum boards. Good luck with your grow man! Let us know how they go 👍

Top Bottom