LED use with adition of C02?

• Thread starter 321abc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

321abc

Farmers,
Have any of you seen or can link to a journal where the use of Co2 has been utilised in a LED grow? I am having a very hard time locating one single grow where this has been done.

My thoughts are that whilst LED is an "apparent" failing of new technology (with failing I mean that it has not yet reached its full potential when compared to traditional HID lighting) and that the fact that this lighting solution requires a different strategy (Whilst reduced heat may be seen as benificial it may also have major disadvantages like less water / nutrient uptake etc), that the possibility that these lights are supose to in theory, provide better specific Nm of light, specific for growth, that to see their true potential, plants may require more Co2 to use the energy provided by LED?

Maybe grasping for straws as I do wish to see this tech succeed, can anyone point me in a direction of a thread whereCo2 may have been used in veg and 1500ppm of Co2 used in flower?

S

SSHZ

You probably haven't seen it because people realize the light isn't strong enough for the plants to utilize the CO2 properly, therefore making it a waste of money if used........

321abc

You probably haven't seen it because people realize the light isn't strong enough for the plants to utilize the CO2 properly, therefore making it a waste of money if used........

Hey, I understand what your saying but until its been proven that Co2 does or does not improve the situation its only theory isnt it? I know there are a lot of LED haters but if people dont try new things, you dont move forward.

Irishboy pulled 540g from 4 plants with a 600w LED. That is impressive, almost 1g per watt. Wonder what he would have pulled with Co2?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
co2 on a led grow is sounds a lot like Nos on a moped

321abc

co2 on a led grow is sounds a lot like Nos on a moped
Motherlode, your a respected member here and I have learnt a lot from your journals. I thought that you would have an open mind? Probably right in your assumption, but wouldnt that moped be one hell of a ride for the minute before the motor blew? lol.

All the haters are more than likely right, but wouldnt it be good to actually rule it out based on fact rather than assumption?

So based on your assumption above, could you consider the use of Co2 overkill on a 400 / 600 w hps grow?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol Im not hating bro - just being funny

really co2 is generally used in more of a commercial setting and leds are not

you know what they say about mopeds right?

they are alot of fun until a friend sees you on one

Im a firm believer in co2 when its used properly in a closed system - im sure it would increase your yeild

just like nos would make your moped faster - and then blow up lol

and yeah Im prolly not gonna set somebody up with co2 growing with a 400/600 hps

nice to hear you learn from my mistakes lol

peace

321abc

lol Im not hating bro - just being funny

really co2 is generally used in more of a commercial setting and leds are not

you know what they say about mopeds right?

they are alot of fun until a friend sees you on one

Im a firm believer in co2 when its used properly in a closed system - im sure it would increase your yeild

just like nos would make your moped faster - and then blow up lol

and yeah Im prolly not gonna set somebody up with co2 growing with a 400/600 hps

nice to hear you learn from my mistakes lol

peace
All good brother and thanks for your input. I know your not a hater. Even though adding co2 to a led grow may fail in expectations, part of me still wants to see it. Just wish I was in a position to try myself :(

So saying that you would only recomend Co2 for commercial, obviously Co2 enrichment provides and increased yeild. Would Co2 not provide the same % of increased yeild on a smaller scale? (Say Co2 for example provided a 15% gain in yeild on a commercial grow, would it not provide the same 15% on a smaller scale grow?) Or is there a point (based on lighting output PAR / LUX or lumens) that Co2 would NOT benifit?

Basically, would a 400 or 600 hps grow with Co2 see the same % increase as a commercial op, to scale?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no - just that that single light small grows dont really use co2 much

1stofkind

Farmers,
Have any of you seen or can link to a journal where the use of Co2 has been utilised in a LED grow? I am having a very hard time locating one single grow where this has been done.

My thoughts are that whilst LED is an "apparent" failing of new technology (with failing I mean that it has not yet reached its full potential when compared to traditional HID lighting) and that the fact that this lighting solution requires a different strategy (Whilst reduced heat may be seen as benificial it may also have major disadvantages like less water / nutrient uptake etc), that the possibility that these lights are supose to in theory, provide better specific Nm of light, specific for growth, that to see their true potential, plants may require more Co2 to use the energy provided by LED?

Maybe grasping for straws as I do wish to see this tech succeed, can anyone point me in a direction of a thread whereCo2 may have been used in veg and 1500ppm of Co2 used in flower?
321ABC farmer I am currently in a sealed 10X10 using 8 720 watt Led with CO2 and canna nutrients in canna coco coir. The results are INSANE. I have a CO2 controller that keeps my room at 1500ppm and my temps are 80 to 92 degrees with 65 % humidity. I run 18/6 in veg and they seem to be loving it. I suggested a cannon filter that scrubs the air, a dehumidifier for when lights are out. Keep humidity below 50-60%(when lights are off.) I also have a fresh air in to the room technically not fully sealed but my temps ppm and humidity all stay relativity close. Here's a few pics of week 4 in vegView attachment 597734View attachment 597735View attachment 597734
Farmers,

1stofkind

321ABC farmer I am currently in a sealed 10X10 using 8 720 watt Led with CO2 and canna nutrients in canna coco coir. The results are INSANE. I have a CO2 controller that keeps my room at 1500ppm and my temps are 80 to 92 degrees with 65 % humidity. I run 18/6 in veg and they seem to be loving it. I suggested a cannon filter that scrubs the air, a dehumidifier for when lights are out. Keep humidity below 50-60%(when lights are off.) I also have a fresh air in to the room technically not fully sealed but my temps ppm and humidity all stay relativity close. Here's a few pics of week 4 in vegView attachment 597734View attachment 597735View attachment 597734

IMAG0221
IMAG0220
IMAG0222

Latest posts

Top Bottom