leds and humidty

• Thread starter mr vuitton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr vuitton

with leds being self cooled via built in fans, any1 had any issues with humidity?

L

lime6161

The "self cooling" of the leds is very over played imo. Humidity can be an issue for sure.

M

mr vuitton

cant say ive had a problem with my leds getting hot, and for the humidty isue was thinking of using thaose desiccant packs on the top of the lights, might take one apart to see if the bulk of elec parts are exposed in the fan area.

S

sm0k4

I built a PC cabinet and have my custom DIY LED light in there. Temp is 75-80 and RH is 35% through today's testing. With the door open the RH jumps to 45% and the temps drop to ambient 70.

Final Build no flash Big
H

Helix

hey hey - I'm growing with 2 -360w LED's only in a 300 sq. ft. space. I haven't had any problems with humidity levels & it's so nice not to have to vent all the extra heat that regular bulbs would put out :)

S

Spuzzum

Even though there's not near the same amount of heat that a hid produces, proper ventillation/replenishment is still needed.. just not at jet turbine speed. Humidity rising is probably due to less heat.. vapour being transpired by the plants is not being evaporated like it would be under a hid. I've heard led grows smell more.. I wonder if this is why. Similar to what a garden smells like in the middle of a night period, as compared to the warmer day period.

I've heard that using those "tidy cat" pellets in a carbon filter/cannister, not only cleans the odours, but also sucks up some of the humidity. Worth looking into.

Top Bottom