230W Blackstar and unknown brand 90w UFO

Leds dont work
Leds dont work 2
Leds dont work 3
Leds dont work 4
Leds dont work 5
convex

convex

Hmm a 3.5 gallon pail yields 40 grams ...
You're right - NOT!

convex

convex

Assuming I am not far off on my estimated dry weight ...

230W Blackstar and unknown brand 90w UFO = 320 watts

40 grams / 320 watts = 0.125 g/watt

If thats your goal than great!

NeWcS

NeWcS

Who said anything about weight and goals? Say what you're driving at here. Are you trying to troll me into thinking LED's don't work?

convex

convex

Well ...

Most with HID's hope to get close to 1g/watt as opposed to .125g/watt with your set up.
Whether HID or LED the price per watt is the same.
In buckets under HID we shoot for an ounce per gallon of bucket

Just cause I let a bit of air out of your balloon doesn't mean I am trolling.;)

NeWcS

NeWcS

Why would I expect to get 1g a watt with LED's? Never said they were better than HID's. Was just showing they work just fine for small grows. If I can get 2-3oz per plant per grow that suits me just fine. Why would I need lbs and lbs of herb for my personal use? I just want enough to smoke on until my next grow.

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure where you got 40grams or .125g/w from considering I never said anything about how much I got?

I'll post a final dry weight some time next week.

Z

Zombee

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure where you got 40grams or .125g/w from considering I never said anything about how much I got?

Exactly. Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear next time.

B

bmf725

I knew you would attract all the haters on this one with a title like that! Lookin good bro!

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Why would I expect to get 1g a watt with LED's? Never said they were better than HID's. Was just showing they work just fine for small grows. If I can get 2-3oz per plant per grow that suits me just fine. Why would I need lbs and lbs of herb for my personal use? I just want enough to smoke on until my next grow.

I think much of what is forgotten about this site is that many people who do not know how to grow come to this site to find out how to grow.

So people who want to grow more then just medicine for themselves and also have to pay for an electric bill, nutrients, and possibly even rent to pay for the space that they are growing need to know that a regular H.I.D. light out performs a LED minimum of 2 times per watt. So for the same space, Less Money and and heartache a patient is going to be able to get more bang for their buck with an HID.

Other newbie growers will see this thread and without explanation they might think that LED's can take care of their needs. When in fact they would not know they could be getting a much larger yield for less money.

You may not want to get 1g per watt. But most people do not have the luxury of not caring about how much money they spend to get a way less amount of medicine.

For most patients like myself and other family members I take care of I need to be hitting 1g per watt or better just to keep everyone well. So I can really take care of 3 more patients for the same wattage.

So for the hobbyist or someone who has tons of money and doesn't care about gram per watt LEDs seem to work awesome.

Now that is all most of these "haters or trolls" seem to be saying. But it comes off really negative when it is posted in a thread like yours after you have done all your hard work and came out with such great medicine that your obviously proud of and want to share with yours/our great community.

I can see where people like myself have to speak up to make sure other patients know the pitfalls of LED's But it seems it comes out in the most obtrusive way and I would like to apologize on behalf of these HID'ers.

Especially Convex who came out really really rude with the first comment. Would be nice of you to at least say excuse me or apologize.

We need to have an LED warning at the top of the LED forum letting people know the pitfalls and warnings whatever they may be....Then make it a rule that no one is allowed to bring up this discussion in member LED grow threads!

Much Respect please no more discussion about this topic in our friends great thread.

Can not wait for dry photos and a smoke report.

I love me some Blue Hawaiian.

Just about to pop some Pakalolo(hawaiian indica) x TresDawg Myself...I love Hawaii!

RC

NeWcS

NeWcS

So the final weight on my cheesy ebay scale is 57g.

This should easily last me 3.5mo till my next harvest which will now be 3 plants under 410w of leds.

Love this hobby!

convex

convex

I do apologize for the 'tone' of my post, I was trying to be direct, not offensive.

Robot Chicken was more more eloquent at laying out what I was trying to say.

Too often we think the intent of ones post is obvious, but is lost to others.

Again, apologies ... Looking forward to seeing how 3 buckets perform in your setup.

Cheers

B

bmf725

And just one thing about the whole grams per watt. you have to remember led's dont need as much cooling IE A/C or multiple fans, and the panels actual wattage draw is not all light output. The cooling fans on the units draw anywhere from 10-30 watts or more. Oh and i just read on of Irishboy's completed journals he pulled 546 grams from 4 plants with a 600 watt led. thats .91 grams per watt.

P

potberryfin

Great job on your grow! Personally, I am still going to wait with the whole LED grow technology and look into it again in a few years. They do work but are expensive as hell, I guess you put about $500 into your lighting system alone (230w blakstar + 90w UFO) to yield close to 60 grams? For me that would be way too much, prefer to spend that money on multipe CFLs and other accessories for a small scale grow..Still congrats, great looking plants!

NeWcS

NeWcS

Not that much.
The blackstar was $230. One of the UFO's was $65.00 and the other $75.00 with two timers and 25' mylar. Thats only $370.00 :) The two 90w's I got on craislist :)

O

organickat

LEDs work great for small spaces or tents Stealth is the key with them not yeild but the yeild isnt that bad if you know the needs of your strain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom