Leftover Nut solution/Reservoir

• Thread starter Jaycewin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jaycewin

Jaycewin

You guys think grass/lawns would feed on same nuts as our plants? I read that my st.augustine grass appreciates alot of N but I'm not so sure about the rest of my nuts that is mixed in with my food ( megacrop/sweet candy/ and a small bit of recharge).

I'm going to try a small patch in my backyard to test. I've got alot of dying grass because the heat has been hitting 100 over here. HOA is ripping me a new one for having dead grass and I'm tired of these damn letters lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Grass will love the nutrients but I wouldn't do it if your grass is having issues with the heat you will be more likely to burn it. Sounds like it would appreciate just plain water. Anytime you fertilize grass you will want to keep it watered well for several days to weeks

Reactions: Ina
Jaycewin

Jaycewin

thanks for the heads up guys. it just feels so wasteful just dumping all this goodness when it could be used for other plants or in this case.. lawn.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Discarded nute solution is still decent fertilizer. Its pretty strong still, so don't do it a lot in the same place a lot, and maybe dilute it. The balance may not be optimal for what you put it on.

BigCube

BigCube

I give all my runoff to my dad who is too cheap to buy his own nutrients. He waters it down and adds a bit of other cheap nutes to it and makes it work. Even feeds his vegging plants my bloom runoff lol.

I'll get a pic this weekend when I go over there next. They are doing good considering. He's running clones of my current grow in the same medium. Like I said he's cheap.. lol

My plant obviously grew a lot faster, but his are doing good.

BloodShot

BloodShot

Funny, I've been kinda doing the same thing when I switch out the nutrients in my reservoir because of a learning curve with the ones I'm using and such.
I take them to my mothers place and she uses them to water her flowers and a couple of cannabis plants she has decided to try growing this year.

Ina

Ina

it just feels so wasteful just dumping all this
I have always wondered where?!So much chemical ferz and containers from DWC,hidro...Where people dump all of that?!Better be used again somehow...….:/Yeah,i guess diluted for non edible crops for example......grass,flowers…...

Latest posts

Top Bottom