Legal marijuana cost?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Now that we’ve got many states legalizing marijuana and opening state wide dispensary’s I am curious how much these state ran dispensary’s are charging per pound to the grower?
Is there a difference between medical and recreational marijuana in these dispensary’s?
Or is it just the tax the medical patient is not charged?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In MI, the dispensaries are not state run.

When they allowed recreational, at first the dispensaries seemed to be charging more AND there was a 16% tax. Now, with more licensed growers and more competition from other dispensaries, some are only charging the 16% tax and not hiking the price, as well.

Dispensaries in MI are not state run, though, so this might not be answering your questions. Really, the prices are still too high here to hurt the black market. Prices in CO seem to be much lower.

BlackBacardi

BlackBacardi

I'm personally trying to open a dispensary, but I'm just at the beginning of the journey trying to get accustomed to everything that this field asks of me. Through my research, I've discovered a site that helps people navigate towards opening a dispensary and that's where I found the first article related to prices. You can read more here if you want to see the actual prices, but some of them definitely came as a bit of a surprise to me. Of course, if you sell in bunches for medical use to a bigger company there are going to be discounts, but otherwise, the whole system works pretty much the same.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm personally trying to open a dispensary, but I'm just at the beginning of the journey trying to get accustomed to everything that this field asks of me. Through my research, I've discovered a site that helps people navigate towards opening a dispensary and that's where I found the first article related to prices. You can read more here if you want to see the actual prices, but some of them definitely came as a bit of a surprise to me. Of course, if you sell in bunches for medical use to a bigger company there are going to be discounts, but otherwise, the whole system works pretty much the same.
Quit the nipple pinching party you got going on over there,
Feel good:)?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I am in Arizona and we just passed Recreational Use this last year.

The only difference is a) the tax, 6% for medical users, 23% for recreational use--- quite a significant difference b) medical users have a limit on how much they can purchase per 2 weeks/ monthly--- recreational users do not have a quantity limit on how much they can purchase (there are limits on how much you can carry or have at 1 time though, I think it is up to an ounce or something)

As for the going rate for a pound wholesale, I have no idea. Probably around 2000$ would be my GUESS

I am wanting to become a Grower someday myself but have a looooong way to go in terms of knowledge and experience.

oLd1

oLd1

I am in Arizona and we just passed Recreational Use this last year.

The only difference is a) the tax, 6% for medical users, 23% for recreational use--- quite a significant difference b) medical users have a limit on how much they can purchase per 2 weeks/ monthly--- recreational users do not have a quantity limit on how much they can purchase (there are limits on how much you can carry or have at 1 time though, I think it is up to an ounce or something)

As for the going rate for a pound wholesale, I have no idea. Probably around 2000$ would be my GUESS

I am wanting to become a Grower someday myself but have a looooong way to go in terms of knowledge and experience.

Here in Missouri I spent $200 for Grower Permit but can only have 6 plants.

I just buy Gummies at dispensary cost me $80 for 1 a day. Being on Fixed Income can't afford their Marijuana.

oneshot

Top Bottom