Legal marijuana cost?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Now that we’ve got many states legalizing marijuana and opening state wide dispensary’s I am curious how much these state ran dispensary’s are charging per pound to the grower?
Is there a difference between medical and recreational marijuana in these dispensary’s?
Or is it just the tax the medical patient is not charged?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In MI, the dispensaries are not state run.

When they allowed recreational, at first the dispensaries seemed to be charging more AND there was a 16% tax. Now, with more licensed growers and more competition from other dispensaries, some are only charging the 16% tax and not hiking the price, as well.

Dispensaries in MI are not state run, though, so this might not be answering your questions. Really, the prices are still too high here to hurt the black market. Prices in CO seem to be much lower.

BlackBacardi

BlackBacardi

I'm personally trying to open a dispensary, but I'm just at the beginning of the journey trying to get accustomed to everything that this field asks of me. Through my research, I've discovered a site that helps people navigate towards opening a dispensary and that's where I found the first article related to prices. You can read more here if you want to see the actual prices, but some of them definitely came as a bit of a surprise to me. Of course, if you sell in bunches for medical use to a bigger company there are going to be discounts, but otherwise, the whole system works pretty much the same.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm personally trying to open a dispensary, but I'm just at the beginning of the journey trying to get accustomed to everything that this field asks of me. Through my research, I've discovered a site that helps people navigate towards opening a dispensary and that's where I found the first article related to prices. You can read more here if you want to see the actual prices, but some of them definitely came as a bit of a surprise to me. Of course, if you sell in bunches for medical use to a bigger company there are going to be discounts, but otherwise, the whole system works pretty much the same.
Quit the nipple pinching party you got going on over there,
Feel good:)?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I am in Arizona and we just passed Recreational Use this last year.

The only difference is a) the tax, 6% for medical users, 23% for recreational use--- quite a significant difference b) medical users have a limit on how much they can purchase per 2 weeks/ monthly--- recreational users do not have a quantity limit on how much they can purchase (there are limits on how much you can carry or have at 1 time though, I think it is up to an ounce or something)

As for the going rate for a pound wholesale, I have no idea. Probably around 2000$ would be my GUESS

I am wanting to become a Grower someday myself but have a looooong way to go in terms of knowledge and experience.

oLd1

oLd1

I am in Arizona and we just passed Recreational Use this last year.

The only difference is a) the tax, 6% for medical users, 23% for recreational use--- quite a significant difference b) medical users have a limit on how much they can purchase per 2 weeks/ monthly--- recreational users do not have a quantity limit on how much they can purchase (there are limits on how much you can carry or have at 1 time though, I think it is up to an ounce or something)

As for the going rate for a pound wholesale, I have no idea. Probably around 2000$ would be my GUESS

I am wanting to become a Grower someday myself but have a looooong way to go in terms of knowledge and experience.

Here in Missouri I spent $200 for Grower Permit but can only have 6 plants.

I just buy Gummies at dispensary cost me $80 for 1 a day. Being on Fixed Income can't afford their Marijuana.

oneshot

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
The whole reason I got my Illinois medical marijuana card, was so I could legally grow my own medicine for my family. In my state each cardholder can grow 5 plants each. Even though we are "adult legal recreational" (like CA, CO etc) you CANNOT cultivate any cannabis plants (with THCa over .03%) UNLESS you have your medical card. To me, that is what makes it Golden. I DO go to the dispensaries to get vapes and some tinctures (because the vapes are guaranteed to be medically safe and sound same with the dosages on some tinctures)...Sorry for the ramble. Here in Illinois, the prices are INSANE. 3.5 grams of dry flower is around 75$ (recreational) and around half that at Medical prices. (Still outrageous). And to be honest, after comparing Dispensary dry flower and my own homegrown, mine is definitely more preferred (and fun to make!). ☮️
Warmly,
Jackie

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Now that we’ve got many states legalizing marijuana and opening state wide dispensary’s I am curious how much these state ran dispensary’s are charging per pound to the grower?
Is there a difference between medical and recreational marijuana in these dispensary’s?
Or is it just the tax the medical patient is not charged?
Have a dude here locally that I was trying to work with that owns a property with his wife and he's at the hemp farm and I have a disabled veteran in my family and two people that were medical patients that were getting ripped off by a local dispensary I think they're paying $340 an ounce can you go on the street here and get an ounce of good outdoor for 160 bucks so you can see the disparity. This dude is out around offering to help people and selling them hemp flowers calling it photo. Cannabis and then trying to sell elbows at Harvest half of which is mold and I'm in Northern Vermont minnis guys in central Vermont and I need like to know that it's things open up here I guess I'm going to have to do everything myself right can't trust anybody with money anymore can we? My wife is a medical patient she requires a quarter ounce of decent flower week and I require Edibles for nerve damage and Orthopedic damage and eight screws in my right side that whenever they decide to start being pissed off they are and there's nothing I can do in a bottle that'll help them this dude was the only person I'd found that could actually make edible strong enough for they worked unfortunately he is rip-off artist

rolinox

rolinox

The new ordinance, effective June 9, 2022, will allow people to grow cannabis at home after notifying local authorities, but the plants must be of the medical variety and used exclusively for medical purposes. In addition, cannabis cannot be used for commercial purposes without additional licenses. The HighTHC Shop already allows you to buy some without a prescription or age verification.

Top Bottom