Legality of Home Growers Cannabis Cup?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey, maybe I should have this in a different section, sorry if it has to be moved. I'm planning on organizing a home growers cannabis cup in my state (we're recreational and medically legal). I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on whether or not I'll get any grief over it. I'm meeting with a cannabis lawyer anyway but would love anyones input as well as suggestions for the event. I would make it a requirement that everything is lab tested, just hoping I can sell judges passes without any trouble. I know this would be a massive undertaking as far as planning and execution but I have an extensive background it event planning so I'm not worried about putting in the work for a great event.

growsince79

growsince79

Hey, maybe I should have this in a different section, sorry if it has to be moved. I'm planning on organizing a home growers cannabis cup in my state (we're recreational and medically legal). I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on whether or not I'll get any grief over it. I'm meeting with a cannabis lawyer anyway but would love anyones input as well as suggestions for the event. I would make it a requirement that everything is lab tested, just hoping I can sell judges passes without any trouble. I know this would be a massive undertaking as far as planning and execution but I have an extensive background it event planning so I'm not worried about putting in the work for a great event.
Why would anyone pay to be a judge?

growsince79

growsince79

I was planning on doing it something like Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam used to do (not sure if they still do). You'd pay for a judges pass, get say around 30 one gram samples of bud and a bunch of swag.
Why not have a cover for the bands and let everyone buy grams at the onsite dispensary. First flavor to sell out wins. Or just have everyone vote at the end.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Why not have a cover for the bands and let everyone buy grams at the onsite dispensary. First flavor to sell out wins. Or just have everyone vote at the end.
I was thinking of a scenario like that but I typically have a few hundred people at the events I do and that would be a nightmare to count the day of. I wanted the judges to be more of an exclusive thing. Custom box with goodies in it, VIP to the live event, etc. Also, selling at an event here would be a big no no, I know big companies here that can't even get away with that. I appreciate the suggestions, I like talking out all the options. Definitely going to have live music. Thinking of delivering the judges boxes 2 weeks before the event with judges score cards so you have 14 days to try everything.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Also forgot to mention, entry will be free but I don't think many growers want to donate more than 80-100 grams of weed even if the grand prize is over $1000 worth of goods.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

In CT were I live if you have a med card you can have 3 plants in flower and 3 in veg, recreational people canot yet go to dispensary or grow, if it's legal to grow in your state I don't see a problem, we are not allowed to grow outdoors.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Which state?

2Bad

2Bad

In CT were I live if you have a med card you can have 3 plants in flower and 3 in veg, recreational people canot yet go to dispensary or grow, if it's legal to grow in your state I don't see a problem, we are not allowed to grow outdoors.
Laws need to change man. What If we want to pheno hunt u knowwww

F

fizahydraulic1

It’s good that you were going to consult a lawyer about this. How is your business going on now? Do they keep a close eye on you?
I have been thinking about business ideas in my state, and this one is not bad, indeed. Medical cannabis is also legal here, and growing of it is also legal. I will also meet with ucmjdefense.com before making any decisions, but what documents do I need before I start? How to become an official weed supplier to hospitals and other people in need? Is it that difficult?
And where do I take my first samples to start?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
IDK what state he's in but here in CO that wouldn't fly. By law here you cannot sell weed without a dispensary license and that would not cover "off-site" "events" or anything like that - which is why we will probably never see cannabis sold at concerts or events in the near future, at least not in Colorado, which is considered one of the most lenient states..

You CAN, however, give away weed all day. You just can't sell it without a dispo license (that's unrealistically expensive and out of reach for most people)

But that is a good idea if it were legal!

Top Bottom