Lemon Sunrise (Irie Genetics) + words to get the count above 5.

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I grew this out over the summer and early fall and was impressed AF.

One of the things missing from my grows was a high-energy, high potency, sativa dominant strain with a little edginess. I like weed that can induce paranoia in people who don't indulge very often — not because I have any interest in getting newbies paranoid, but because I like the buzz from strains that do that. Lemon Sunrise has filled that missing buzz-type.

Lemon Sunrise is Lemon Jeffery x Arise, which is:

(Lemon Skunk x Golden Goat) x (Golden Goat x Daybreaker).

It's a somewhat tall, bendy-flexy stemmed sativa that produces well, but needs support by about halfway through the flower period. I had 3 girls, all of which kicked ass, potency-wise. To me, this makes it a good candidate for growers who only crack one or two seeds out of a pack at a time. You will likely get a memorable plant.

Img 6141 cu

Scent: All three plants were very similar, with some variation in scent. Two were "lemon pledge" scented, similar to Reeferman's Love Potion #1, if you ever tried that, 15 or so years ago.

The third, and my favorite, had a lemon scent, plus a very special scent I once developed while backpacking in the Rockies for three nights. On the fourth day, we did a marathon hike through the rain for about 15 miles, getting to the trailhead around 6 PM. I needed a shower badly, before mingling amongst the civilized, but my backpacking buddy was one of those guys whose stomach CANNOT BE DENIED! So we cleaned up as best we could and went to a restaurant. I was very careful to keep my arms at my sides, but at one point I slipped up. A stench like no other — 4 days of sweat, dirt n' godknowswhat — wafted from my armpit. The flower on our table wilted and the people at a neighboring table all lost the hair on the side of their heads that were closest to me. A woman screamed, another fainted.

So like I was saying, the scent is lemon plus that. I'm rating it an 8.5 out of 10.

Taste: I can definitely taste lemons when vaped, though I cannot discern the taste of 4-day backpacker's armpit.

Potency: Easily a 9 out of 10. I have not gotten this tested, but I would guess it's in the high 20s for total, THC cannabinoids. The lemon + stanky armpit pheno might be the most potent, but the differences are very slight, potency-wise.

Effects: If this were in one of my local dispensaries, they'd call it "75-80% sativa." Its very clear, mostly in the head (but with some body) and energizing. It definitely has a nice heart-racy effect. It's the kind of weed I could function fairly well on, but every once in a while i realize that, holy shit, I am high as all fuck.

The lemon pledge phenos are slightly more racy than the lemon-skunk-armpit-stank pheno. The Lemon-skunk-armpit-stank pheno causes a little more mental confusion and is a little less "clear" than the other two.

Bud Density: If a 1 is a chain of single calyxes, masquerading as a bud and a 10 is a nugget capable of killing a squirrel if used as ammo for a sling shot, this is a solid 7. They are nice and dense, especially as sativa doms go, and can get pretty big.

Lemon sunrise irie genetics  words to get the count above 5 2

In the breeders description, there is a warning that this strain may be intense for new smokers. I would remove the word "may" and say new smokers need to be very careful. Nothing messes up an evening of catching a buzz with friends when suddenly someone has to be darted with an animal tranquilizer.

In short, if you are in need or want of a "daytime," high-energy, mostly clear smoke, Lemon Sunrise might fill that need.

This will probably be in my grow for a while, but the same breeder has a number of high-intensity sativa strains and I couldn't resist buying a few more. There will be a battle of the high-intensity strains in my near future, so whether Lemon Sunrise wins it or not is anyone's guess.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Awesome write up. I have two that are a few weeks from seed right now. Never grew it, so this is a big help and I'm happy to get some first hand experience from other growers. Cheers

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Awesome write up. I have two that are a few weeks from seed right now. Never grew it, so this is a big help and I'm happy to get some first hand experience from other growers. Cheers

It's a bit of an Mg and N hog when you flip to 12/12. Other than that, be ready with supports of some kind or it will flop all over the place. It's pretty easy. The scents evolve through the grow.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If you want a very racy/paranoid high would an early harvest while trichomes are still mostly clear not achieve the same?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you want a very racy/paranoid high would an early harvest while trichomes are still mostly clear not achieve the same?

You can do that, but strains that are high-flying at full maturity are better, IMO. When you harvest early, they are not going to be at their most potent and early harvested weed seems to lack other character traits of the mature plant. Also, yield can suffer.

Top Bottom