Length of clone roots before planting.

• Thread starter SandSpider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SandSpider

SandSpider

I was trying to find some information on how long the roots of a clone need to be before transplanting. Currently I'm using a DYI bucket cloner and have 7 clones that have a ton of roots started, but they are about 3/8" long at the moment. I'm going to be eventually transferring these into pots of a coco coir/perlite mix. How long do these need to be before I plant them?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I was trying to find some information on how long the roots of a clone need to be before transplanting. Currently I'm using a DYI bucket cloner and have 7 clones that have a ton of roots started, but they are about 3/8" long at the moment. I'm going to be eventually transferring these into pots of a coco coir/perlite mix. How long do these need to be before I plant them?
If has roots it's ready. I personally prefer Rapid Rooter/Root Riot plugs for my clones, and the second I see roots popping out the side of the plug, it's ready for planting. Pretty much same for aeroponic cloners which sounds like you're using. 3/8" of roots is good enough, should be ready to stick in whatever medium you plan on using, now.

Good luck, oh and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Latest posts

Top Bottom