Lessons Learned in Hydroponic grows

• Thread starter ThickBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThickBudz

ThickBudz

Thought I would start a thread where people can post lessons learned. I'll start it off with one I learned recently but caught before it turned into a complete disaster.
Just a lesson learned for those using flood and drain or a application you use a air stone/s. I am using a 35 gallon tote as my resivoir for my flood and drain. I have two airlines that enter almost at the top of the tote, two holes just below the cover. I have a large air pump that sits on the floor that feed the two lines. The other night I came home and heard the pump laboring when I open the basement door. I went down stairs and water was filling the bottom of the tent liner. One of the air lines popped off and water was syphoning through the airline into the tent liner. The air valve.was bubbling in the water and that is what I heard.
So, there is a couple ways to help avoid this issues, raise your pump higher than the resivoir, run the airlines so there higher than the resivoir, etc. What I did was add one Way Non-Return Check Valves. These are easy to install, just cut your air line and add the valve between the two lines. See picture with example of valves used. Hopefully this helps others prevent/avoid the same issue I ran into.
If others have lessons learned they want to share, use this thread to share your experience.

-ThickBudz
Lessons learned in hydroponic grows

Top Bottom