Let’s Build Some Strip Lights Together? Need Advice

• Thread starter DezmondG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DezmondG

DezmondG

Hey Everyone. So I am wanting to build a few strip light fixtures (never done before) but I am having a hard time finding inexpensive 2’ strips. Thought Bridgelux was a good way to go but maybe something else? I want to make My fixtures with extruded aluminum and use them for the full cycle. Was thinking of adding different spectrums and have 2 drivers that I could switch on and off so I could use one set of lights or both. Make them dimmable as well. Any thoughts on a good place to get strips and drivers? Gonna use XLG for driver and probably 9-12 strips per fixture. I want to have a few rooms either built or tents and grow 1 plant in each room. But I want to try different lights and mediums (soil, RDWC, coco, etc). I have a 600w HPS/MH for one room and a cheap amazon led for another room so I will have 2 more rooms to put something else in. 1 for strips and then I was thinking 1 for QB96’s or QB?????
Thanks everyone. Hope we can all work on something together.
Dezi

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im in to see a strip build. Thanks for posting. :-)

DezmondG

DezmondG

Great @MIMedGrower Glad to see ya on board. Would like to get a bunch of you guys/gals involved for input and stuff. I have a hard time figuring out what configuration of strips would be best and drivers. I hoping we can all figure out something that will work for both veg & flower. I open to suggestions :)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Great @MIMedGrower Glad to see ya on board. Would like to get a bunch of you guys/gals involved for input and stuff. I have a hard time figuring out what configuration of strips would be best and drivers. I hoping we can all figure out something that will work for both veg & flower. I open to suggestions :)

I am not ready right now. I was thinkin of buying parts over time. But from what i have read the best are samsung f series or newer strip lights and hlg drivers seem preferred.

There are chinese knockoffs available on alibaba and amazon. They seem as cheap as i can build them myself. Under $500 for a growers choice equivalent.

DezmondG

DezmondG

I am not ready right now. I was thinkin of buying parts over time. But from what i have read the best are samsung f series or newer strip lights and hlg drivers seem preferred.

There are chinese knockoffs available on alibaba and amazon. They seem as cheap as i can build them myself. Under $500 for a growers choice equivalent.
Ya was thinking Bridgelux or Samsung strip and XLG drivers. Going to use aluminum extrusion for the frame and passive heatsinks. I just don’t know what colour spectrums would be best.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ya was thinking Bridgelux or Samsung strip and XLG drivers. Going to use aluminum extrusion for the frame and passive heatsinks. I just don’t know what colour spectrums would be best.

Most of the experienced growers online are saying 3500k for full cycle and 2700-3000k plus far red for flowering.

I guess 4000k for a veg spectrum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom