Let’s Talk Comfrey

• Thread starter Buddo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buddo

Buddo

Hi Farmly,

This thread is for the discussion of COMFREY, comfrey is a hurb that comes in many strains , some evasive and some none evasive.

It can be grown to use as a soil emendment (decomposed) or used to create compost teas.

My questions, has anyone ever used it? Is it good/would you recommend it for cannabis growing/flowing.

I was first introduced to it by a pro organic Gardner ‘30+yrs’ ( the non-weed type) after viewing his garden and trying some of the produce i can honestly say he knew what he was talking about and absolutely swears by the comfrey herb/tea.

This would obviously suggest that it’s good for the outdoor grower- I appreciate that, I’m looking for feedback on the use of it in cannabis growing.

Peace.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i ferment it and also use in teas,i have even made my own recipe with it,i live in deep south and decided that comfrey and stinging nettle would sure help on heat issues as well as a full course meal for my plants,both indoors and out,if you go into studies you will find it natrauly has all the micro and macro ingrediants a plant needs,thing is if you decide to ferment,do them individualy,then mix fermented plant juice together,i tried comfrey,stinging nettle and cactus,came up with the best smelling BEER haaha so got them done seperate and mixed all good,them plants are like they are eating candy when feed tea,be for warned the comfrey smell like shit when done,but plants dont have nose lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

also you have inbarked into a whole difrent world now,dont stop with comfrey and look into korean natraul farming ,you would be surprised at the things you can make right at home and do better than the folk with store bought nutes,not only that ,you appreciate it more coming from your own hands

Buddo

Buddo

Thanks Oldskol4ever, that’s the exact feedback I was looking for,

I’ve been growing my comfrey (Russian) for the last few months unfortunately I won’t get the chance to use it this year. Yes! truly amazing Macro Micro profile - would suggest a great bloom feed.

Haha - hats off to the man that tries that beer! You’d probably shit flowers for a week! I was warned by the Gardner not to mix it with the nettles, which now only strengthens your knowledge base regarding organic.

I know what you mean about the smell, “like Bigfoot’s dick!!, but the ladies love that I guess haha.

Thanks again bro.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks Oldskol4ever, that’s the exact feedback I was looking for,

I’ve been growing my comfrey (Russian) for the last few months unfortunately I won’t get the chance to use it this year. Yes! truly amazing Macro Micro profile - would suggest a great bloom feed.

Haha - hats off to the man that tries that beer! You’d probably shit flowers for a week! I was warned by the Gardner not to mix it with the nettles, which now only strengthens your knowledge base regarding organic.

I know what you mean about the smell, “like Bigfoot’s dick!!, but the ladies love that I guess haha.

Thanks again bro.
ya that smell hard to get past but as soon as you feed it,the plant pray for it,ya my comfrey has been like melted wax for 3 months now,triple digits for 3 months haah,all good though this is the best time to ferment,nothing growing far as the veggies and heat,i just finished making OHN past sunday so i got that,4 or 5 difrent FPJ's made,im fermenting a IPM right now for once a week foiler,it dont kill pest but sure makes them go elsewere from it,got a 50 lb bag of wheat bran and a mother culture EM1 got to get together today,then there is the compost pile the size of a full size truck hahahh,ya as much as i like to grow i have to make my own nutrients and most rewarding

Buddo

Buddo

ya that smell hard to get past but as soon as you feed it,the plant pray for it,ya my comfrey has been like melted wax for 3 months now,triple digits for 3 months haah,all good though this is the best time to ferment,nothing growing far as the veggies and heat,i just finished making OHN past sunday so i got that,4 or 5 difrent FPJ's made,im fermenting a IPM right now for once a week foiler,it dont kill pest but sure makes them go elsewere from it,got a 50 lb bag of wheat bran and a mother culture EM1 got to get together today,then there is the compost pile the size of a full size truck hahahh,ya as much as i like to grow i have to make my own nutrients and most rewarding

I’ll defiantly be looking into the Korean farming methods you mentioned, it sounds to me like your shit is together when it comes to feeds and organic amendments... quite literally haha I use horse poo.

What’s your IPM Blend?

I’m a hobbiest Gardner and am trying to utilise my surroundings as much as possible to grow ... well everything.

From what I see and hear (and I wouldn’t want to start a war) the term ‘organic’ is used so widely in the cannabis community. Batshit, fish mix , azomite, etc etc are all great products. some ‘organic’ companies make outstanding bagsoil/coco/liquid fert etc etc,... but, it’s processed, bagged and tagged and flown to the other side of the world with the carbon footprint to boot. I appreciate that not everyone can make their full range of amendments in their local areas.. but until you are,your not organically growing .. your “semi-organic” in my personal opinion.

I’m not fully organic yet but trying my best to get there, thanks again for the heads up, I’m looking forward to using the comfrey tea in the future.

Peace.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I’ll defiantly be looking into the Korean farming methods you mentioned, it sounds to me like your shit is together when it comes to feeds and organic amendments... quite literally haha I use horse poo.

What’s your IPM Blend?

I’m a hobbiest Gardner and am trying to utilise my surroundings as much as possible to grow ... well everything.

From what I see and hear (and I wouldn’t want to start a war) the term ‘organic’ is used so widely in the cannabis community. Batshit, fish mix , azomite, etc etc are all great products. some ‘organic’ companies make outstanding bagsoil/coco/liquid fert etc etc,... but, it’s processed, bagged and tagged and flown to the other side of the world with the carbon footprint to boot. I appreciate that not everyone can make their full range of amendments in their local areas.. but until you are,your not organically growing .. your “semi-organic” in my personal opinion.

I’m not fully organic yet but trying my best to get there, thanks again for the heads up, I’m looking forward to using the comfrey tea in the future.

Peace.
IPM is pest management,once a week if you want to,idea behind it is keep it going on foilor spraying and when the pest get to were you live they hook up with all the pepers and onions and garlic, mint ,wormwood all that good stuff and say this place sucks lets head to the neighbor house hahahah oh ya tabacco,tomatoe plant,mollases ,vervain i had to buy,ginger,all kind shit in the stuff,i think i linked the video on how to make it,but i adjusted to what i had,wild tomato plant,well my tomato plants are wild hahah fresh tabbaco,pall mall reds ,just bought that morning so fresh hahaha my buddy that linked me the video speaks several langues and i started watching it,not a word did i understand,lol so he linked it in english

Top Bottom