Let’s talk light leaks/ does a little light coming in around bottom of a curtain/Panda film etc. cause herm’s or other issues?

This seems to be a controversial subject as I have heard a lot of very different opinions! Personally I’ve use been using Panda film draped from ceiling to create a low cost tent. A few staple holes around top and not light tight on bottom, just hanging there.. Like to hear your opinions..thnx 😎✌

No this is false... think of moon light. As long as there’s no crazy light stressing your plant out causing it to start photosynthesis it will be fine. Trust me. It’s only when you have light that’s powerful enough to cause photosynthesis. Trust I’ve done SO much research. Now if a grow light were to be left on or reflecting off something bright enough to stress the plant out then I’d worry but I’ve been growing in a 2x3 closet that I Have To leave the door cracked to let fresh air as I have no exhaust. My lights shut off at 6pm and I still chill in my room with the door cracked and even tho a tad of light gets in... it’s darker in there than the moon light would be, causing NO PHOTOSYNTHESIS and buds are forming beautifully NO SIGN of hermes and I’ve seen people that let WAY more light in with no problem. It depends how much light, how long, and where it’s shining. But just a small leak of light that’s not lighting up your plant should be fine

No this is false... think of moon light. As long as there’s no crazy light stressing your plant out causing it to start photosynthesis it will be fine. Trust me. It’s only when you have light that’s powerful enough to cause photosynthesis. Trust I’ve done SO much research. Now if a grow light were to be left on or reflecting off something bright enough to stress the plant out then I’d worry but I’ve been growing in a 2x3 closet that I Have To leave the door cracked to let fresh air as I have no exhaust. My lights shut off at 6pm and I still chill in my room with the door cracked and even tho a tad of light gets in... it’s darker in there than the moon light would be, causing NO PHOTOSYNTHESIS and buds are forming beautifully NO SIGN of hermes and I’ve seen people that let WAY more light in with no problem. It depends how much light, how long, and where it’s shining. But just a small leak of light that’s not lighting up your plant should be fine

More depends on strain and standard conditions. I have seen plants in the path of a pinhole of light through the tent fabric reverse and bigger light leaks not affect them at all.

And the moon is a reflective light source measuring only 1 candlepower (lumen). Humans have very good vision. But like you imply. Plants may not detect it.

Last edited: