Let’s talk root Aphids

• Thread starter LeHerber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LeHerber

I have a slash and burn policy when it comes to things like this but that’s not always the way. There an issue here in Cali and I just want to hear what others have to say with their experience in ROOT APHIDS, specifically. I’ve used the root cleaner and seen it kill but I still don’t trust that it will eradicate, just “control” . Let’s hear them war stories

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup. I alternated merit 75 and botanigard. One application of each 5 days apart, wiped them out completely. I think the merit 75 was all I needed though. Use it at the rate of half tsp per 5 gallons of water or nutrient solution.

And as for concerns about its safety, just know regular nicotine is several hundred times more toxic to humans.

Judaz

Judaz

45F4D9F3 B311 4561 8D8E 281AF2880056
When it comes to fungus gnats, root aphids. There is only one things that works to kill them and eradicate them. It’s called imidacloprid. Use it right and you won’t see them again personally I’d hit them with a bomb to kill the adults flies and Imid will take care of the roots. Best if done during veg for best results. Which is the main ingredient in Merit 75

Dbear180

Dbear180

Promis @ 1ml per gallon.(instructions on the bottle are waaaayyyyyyy too much for us potted soil growers) 3 soil drenches back to back to back. Totally killed all root aphids in early veg & I grew them all the way thru flower with no issues. Look for @DemonTrich s posts about it, he used it all the time & settled at that 1ml per gallon dosage. He was a really cool dude & a great grower idk what happened to him.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'll make it easy for you I screen shotted these forever ago lol.
Good for fungus gnats too.
Screenshot 20181104 191028 Chrome
Screenshot 20181104 191404 Chrome

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Promis is imidacloprid also. Any decent Imid product will kill them, but use a dose high enough to do the job. You dont want survivors or you could end up with superbugs.
Which is why I usually recommend merit 75, as far as I know it's the strongest concentration of Imid you can buy.

L

LeHerber

I know bugs hate nicotine. I wasn’t aware that was a Nic salt derivative

III6hydro

III6hydro

Promis is imidacloprid also. Any decent Imid product will kill them, but use a dose high enough to do the job. You dont want survivors or you could end up with superbugs.
Which is why I usually recommend merit 75, as far as I know it's the strongest concentration of Imid you can buy.
they discontinued promis and merit 75 is for soil? is there a lmid product you know of in a liquid for spraying?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
they discontinued promis and merit 75 is for soil? is there a lmid product you know of in a liquid for spraying?
Merit 75 is added to water and fed to the plants, you dont spray any Imid product on plants. You feed it to them via the roots, the plant takes it up and kills whatever chews on the plant.

I

Inferno

I have never heard of this product, wondering if it kills mite too?

I

Inferno

Thanks Dirtbag, been awhile since mites have destroyed my grow, I will remember this. Thought it sounded to good to be true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom