Lets create a national holiday

• Thread starter cruzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wouldn't you feel better donating it instead?

I am surprised anyone would burn their overage. A few years back here we could “donate” it to a medical dispensary with a lab test fee. Now we are not allowed to.

I swear officer. Those 2.5 ounces you saw is all we have from last harvest. I swear it!

Lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am surprised anyone would burn their overage. A few years back here we could “donate” it to a medical dispensary with a lab test fee. Now we are not allowed to.

I swear officer. Those 2.5 ounces you saw is all we have from last harvest. I swear it!

Lol
Donation is hard in this state too, but I would never throw it away, I would donate to a sick friend or nearly anyone rather than throw it away or into a fire, there are a lot of people in need. I'm out of this thread.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Donation is hard in this state too, but I would never throw it away, I would donate to a sick friend or nearly anyone rather than throw it away or into a fire, there are a lot of people in need. I'm out of this thread.

I dont think i was clear on my point. To me legal and moral are seperate issues. If i had more than the generous 2.5 oz they allowed us from our medical card allowed 12 plants i would surely not automatically donate or burn it. Their guideline for the law is rediculous and should be treated as such. I have appeared fully in compliance the whole time I have grown. Appeared is more than good enough in my opinion.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I dont think i was clear on my point. To me legal and moral are seperate issues. If i had more than the generous 2.5 oz they allowed us from our medical card allowed 12 plants i would surely not automatically donate or burn it. Their guideline for the law is rediculous and should be treated as such. I have appeared fully in compliance the whole time I have grown. Appeared is more than good enough in my opinion.
Appearance is nine-tenths of the law! ;)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I dont think Ill post a sign out or advertize that I'm burning my excess. Just a private thing and may be others will want to make it a yearly thing together but separately.
The only (excess???) weed I'm burning will be in bong, pipe or joint form, PERIOD!😉

Light 'em if you got 'em!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Sorry if I riled anyone. Its meant to be for a show. If anyone would ask me I'd just say I participated in the burn day and Im legal. All in fun.
It's all good my friend. My sense of humor. If we sat and puffed for all of 2 minutes you'd know that Sarcasm is my first language.😜

SinCity

SinCity

nov 1 is day of the dead and pagan happy new year😉

hate to be that chick, but apparently i'm gonna be... i study and teach indigenous religions and native american studies at a local college so i kinda can't resist.

when we say 'pagan', it's good to think about the place/region we are talking about. we were all pagan prior to colonization by the major world religions. so 'pagan' really varies and is deeply tied to the particular bioregion people were/are in. the day of the dead has it's roots in and is specific to indigenous mesoamerica. at the same time, it is not un-related to colonization by european christians. christianity, like the other major world religions, sought to impose itself over existing 'pagan' systems. because the end of october is commonly recognized as 'new year's eve' amongst agricultural people on several continents--be they growing maize in mesoamerica or growing wheat in europe--christianity made it into an evil thing. thus, we get halloween (all hallows' eve--hallows are spirits of the dead in pre-christian europe). when christianity sought to erase indigenous religions through conversion and demonization of pre-christian belief systems, the catholic church made november 1st All Saints' Day, a sort of attempt to atone for the pagan celebrations they knew would be taking place.

but i'm with ya--love a good bonfire. but west of the rockies and east of the coastal california range, we'll be needing to be very careful. an we'll need a burn permit. lol

cruzin

cruzin

It will be on Nov.2nd and Im gettting quite a pile of stuff to burn off.

Top Bottom