Lets Do Some Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Im just thinking out loud here and have no experience on grafting. would wraping some wet gauze around the graft then taping over this help out with getting some water to the point of the cut? Just an idea that doesn't come with experience so please feel free to tell me to shut up dumbass haha.
No the union needs to be airtight so the plants transport tissue can repair quick and start to support the graph it think reduce the light I would use white shade cloth probably a double layer . Again my opinion.

BombBP

BombBP

I would do a whip & tounge graph on them but wait a bit longer so the stems are a semi hardwood style I think the soft wood wedge graph is to soon for the operation , just my 2 cents I've graphed trees and plants for many years both fruit and ornamental so I'll go with my gut instincts on this one , I'm going have to wait to try this method I'm only growing one strain be giving it a go when and if I can get some seed in .
You are probably spot on! My veneer grafts were a lot more woody so you could definitely be on to something. I'll try some hardwood cuttings on the wedge graft next. Thanks for your input!

BombBP

BombBP

No the union needs to be airtight so the plants transport tissue can repair quick and start to support the graph it think reduce the light I would use white shade cloth probably a double layer . Again my opinion.
Again you are correct. The most important factor imo is making sure you have cambium to cambium. As long as the stocks calcium layer and the scions layer make snug contact you have a good chance of survival. I put my grafted plants in weigh my clones but I turn a few of my bulbs in my t5 off so the light isn't so intense.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You are probably spot on! My veneer grafts were a lot more woody so you could definitely be on to something. I'll try some hardwood cuttings on the wedge graft next. Thanks for your input!
No worries mate it's a great idea , I can't wait to see how you go I'm planing on making a fruit salad tree in my little house orchard got a peach tree on dwarf 109 root stock that is just a pollinator and suffers from leaf curl so it's up for a stumping and have 5 different fruit trees grafted to it I'll take pics and put up when it's done I'm mid summer and just starting to pick this seasons fruit . Anyway good luck keep the pics rolling .

BombBP

BombBP

No worries mate it's a great idea , I can't wait to see how you go I'm planing on making a fruit salad tree in my little house orchard got a peach tree on dwarf 109 root stock that is just a pollinator and suffers from leaf curl so it's up for a stumping and have 5 different fruit trees grafted to it I'll take pics and put up when it's done I'm mid summer and just starting to pick this seasons fruit . Anyway good luck keep the pics rolling .
That's exactly what I want. A fruit salad tree...just with weed instead of fruit. A Weed Salad Tree:D.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Again you are correct. The most important factor imo is making sure you have cambium to cambium. As long as the stocks calcium layer and the scions layer make snug contact you have a good chance of survival. I put my grafted plants in weigh my clones but I turn a few of my bulbs in my t5 off so the light isn't so intense.
I think if you get your plant material with as close diameter as possible it should go smooth as silk my grafted toms are done this way .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That's exactly what I want. A fruit salad tree...just with weed instead of fruit. A Weed Salad Tree:D.
Yes they will still have there own traits of the strains you use my Father has produced great fruit salad trees on our home farm in Nimbin and all the fruit has stay true to form only thing to think of is strain timing I would think you would have to do a multi harvest run .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I try to be as correct as I can cheers for the props mate .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Now the veneer graft, on the other hand, is looking great. Perked all the way back up. I'll be doing another one of these today also.

The cutting I used for root stock is a trifoliate. As if it wasn't crazy looking enough it should look really crazy with a bunch of grafts on it.
Looks great mate nice job .

BombBP

BombBP

Alien Bubba Berry scion grafted onto the same bag seed as the last scion(Kurple Guerilla). Notice my diameters on the scion and the root stock aren't exact. I just made my cut to fit the scion. Hope this one takes...a Kurple Guerilla Alien Bubba Berry bag seed plant doesn't sound too bad to me.

2017 01 20 162512
2017 01 20 162431
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Sounds like this might take a lot of trial and error, I'm excited to see this trial and error, that's how you learn how not to do it as well as how to do it. Which is not the same as getting it right the first time.

BombBP

BombBP

Sounds like this might take a lot of trial and error, I'm excited to see this trial and error, that's how you learn how not to do it as well as how to do it. Which is not the same as getting it right the first time.
Yup lots of trial and error but I won't act like I got one to take on the first try. I used to graft japanese maples too. This is my first successful cannabis graft but I knew all the basic stuff and even have most of the supplies...still haven't found my grafting tape. Glad you decided to join!

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Well i told the fiance about this now she wants me to make a Frankenstein plant out of her favorite favorite flowers this spring. I should know by now when it comes to women keep your mouth shut or your getting put to work haha. Atleast this will be a fun spring project! Thank you for the inspirations from this thread guys its a really cool idea!

Top Bottom