Lets Do Some Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BombBP

BombBP

Okay. Here's a visual how to on the veneer graft. Make sure you clean everything with alcohol even the root stock and scions. Clean your knife between each cut...very important!!!

1St pic is a Blue Cindy #1 clone. I'll take a scion from this.

2nd pic is the root stock...bag seed #3 iirc. Same plant the Kurple Guerilla scion is on.

3rd pic is the cut into the root stock. You only want to cut into the cambium layer. Do not cut into the middle of the plant. Just a 45 degree cut into the cambium layer.

4th pic is the cutting/scion from the Blue Cindy. 45 degree cut on each side.

5th pic is the scion being inserted into the cut in the root stock. It should for snug and stay put. Make sure you get the scion and the root stocks cambium layer lined up as close as possible because that is what will fuse them together.

6th pic is the graft after being wrapped in plastic wrap. This is a lil difficult as you have to wrap it very snug but avoid getting your calcium to calcium contact off.

7th pic is just duct tape holding the plastic wrap in place.

8th pic is the scion wrapped in plastic to keep humidity high until the graft takes/fails.

That's it...cannabis veneer/side grafting.

2017 01 29 161537
2017 01 29 161620
2017 01 29 161711
2017 01 29 161750
2017 01 29 161905
2017 01 29 162001
2017 01 29 162057
2017 01 29 162205
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Okay. Here's a visual how to on the veneer graft. Make sure you clean everything with alcohol even the root stock and scions. Clean your knife between each cut...very important!!!

1St pic is a Blue Cindy #1 clone. I'll take a scion from this.

2nd pic is the root stock...bag seed #3 iirc. Same plant the Kurple Guerilla scion is on.

3rd pic is the cut into the root stock. You only want to cut into the cambium layer. Do not cut into the middle of the plant. Just a 45 degree cut into the cambium layer.

4th pic is the cutting/scion from the Blue Cindy. 45 degree cut on each side.

5th pic is the scion being inserted into the cut in the root stock. It should for snug and stay put. Make sure you get the scion and the root stocks cambium layer lined up as close as possible because that is what will fuse them together.

6th pic is the graft after being wrapped in plastic wrap. This is a lil difficult as you have to wrap it very snug but avoid getting your calcium to calcium contact off.

7th pic is just duct tape holding the plastic wrap in place.

8th pic is the scion wrapped in plastic to keep humidity high until the graft takes/fails.

That's it...cannabis veneer/side grafting.
Textbook work keep me posted .

BombBP

BombBP

Another attempt at a wedge/cleft graft. I used more woody material this time.

1st pic is the root stock

2nd pic is where I decided to make the cut on the root stock

3rd pic is the scion in the wedge, wrapped and taped. I used the BC #1 as a scion.

4th pic is the scion wrapped in plastic

2017 01 29 162244
2017 01 29 162359
2017 01 29 162455
2017 01 29 162531
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I always wanted to connect 4 plants together by taking their 1st or 2nd set of nodes. By letting those branches grow out until they are long enough to reach each other. Like this.
20170129 203529

20170129 204722

It would be cool to think the 4 plants could kind of share their food supplies between each other.

Or say if 1 of the 4 pots dried out the other 3 would help conpensate by sharing water.

I've always wanted to try it out.
I would just need more room.

BombBP

BombBP

I always wanted to connect 4 plants together by taking their 1st or 2nd set of nodes. By letting those branches grow out until they are long enough to reach each other. Like this.
View attachment 663825
View attachment 663826

It would be cool to think the 4 plants could kind of share their food supplies between each other.

Or say if 1 of the 4 pots dried out the other 3 would help conpensate by sharing water.

That's actually a real method of grafting. I can't remember exactly what it's called but that's definitely a feasible idea.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

View attachment 663825
View attachment 663826

That's quite the idea, I would love to see that test done!

lino

lino

Sock Inoculation. 5 plants supported by an Incredible Hulk male and a African Durban female. These plants are grafted in multiple ploces. These experiments were attempts at transgenic mutation manipulations of several species.

DSC02668

lino

lino

Why Socks Class, You will note stem damage in many graft pics, Damage around the circumference of stem is very hard on all plants, especially trees. Socks offer a variable pressure squeeze, breath , protection, inoculation applicators. Lino's socks come precoated for different stages and application for your grafts. Socks are a very important part for inter-species grafting success. your grafts.

NOTE: above red wrap , the graft mends occur even at the nodule contact point due to inoculates .

DSC02665

lino

lino

These steps are mandatory with Cannabis graft to other species. Slowly sever stems, this technique varies in 2 forms. I call this cut a wedge and hole punch cut over approx 2 weeks, depends on the mend junctions. Again the graft mend points go up the plant 3 feet in many spots. I instruct which clips and wraps to remove at what stage of the grafts. The graft MUST not be done at the same time, Knowing where and what plant stage of life and what order to do the grafts in is imperative in inter-species grafts, ESPECIALLY if your trying to get genes to cross over.

NOTE: the socks and graft ties and clips must be removed very slowly also. Week , maybe mths.

DSC02657

Top Bottom