Lets Do Some Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ahemait

ahemait

You're going to be shocked how easy it is. You can post your attempt here if you'd like. I'd love to see how you do with it.
You know what, maybe I'll do that. Most grafting threads I've found end before there's any results and is a fantastic method to keep plant numbers down while establishing variety.
I have a little horticulture background so I know it's not rocket surgery or anything, just a matter of precision and cleanliness? Or maybe some other words.

But yea. Soon!!!

ahemait

ahemait

That looks lovely.

I took down my second round, third is several weeks away. Next few days will be the first structural clipping of the youngsters, I may just use the clips as initial grafting attempts!

ahemait

ahemait

I'm not sure how much I'll be flowering grafts, my intention is to keep them for variety in order to keep my plant count down without having numbers used up by multiple mothers. Maybe once I have them established, then I might see about some frankenclones

Planter01

Planter01

Well initially I was sceptical that I would see any successfully grafted MJ come out of thread thread. I've never seen annuals grafted for any commercial use but I do see well calloused graft unions. I've done some grafting of my own but it's been perenial woodies. I've got the tape and wax and scion knives and even have something to to prep the host or root stock. I don't use them they just sit on a shelve. With fruit trees, grapes and woodies on root stock to control growth of dwarfs or semi dwarfs I can clearly see the value. Multiple grafts of multiple varieties always leads to dominance issues and sooner or later one Malus will rule and will push the rest of the Apple grafts right out of the picture.
I appreciate the efforts but I still just don't get the point of grafting MJ which is a annual. There's not much you can achieve in a single season plant. Now if you were breeder and could graft say 10 phenotypes types of a single variety and pollinate with your choice of male you could save years and space. It also seems to me that if you wanted to continue the lineage of your be mothers you would be better off taking cuttings and planting them in smallish pots and growing them out there rather than risking multiple grafts to a single plant. Percentage of success would have to go to rooting cuttings I would put my money on rooting cuttings long b4 grafting. If you dont have a specific goal attached to you breeding than your not breeding you just crossing. (I've burned the results of simple almost random crosses and some have been impressive but were quickly lost to time. For you real breeders out there i bow to your commitment. Reaching a breeding goal is a tough row to how.
I wish someone would breed me a short season sat/ind blend with huge yields on thick climbed plants with lots of tops. I would settle for 23% T and a plants that laughed at Botrytis and powdery. giants

Ina

Ina

amazing to see it flowering,really interesting!!!!I've tried once to do that on one big,male stem but i didnt sucseed:)is there any difference if the motherplant...is male?!:)I didnt left any of the male sacks on it,just stems,leafs and roots but i guess it has to be female or just bad conditions.....

BombBP

BombBP

amazing to see it flowering,really interesting!!!!I've tried once to do that on one big,male stem but i didnt sucseed:)is there any difference if the motherplant...is male?!:)I didnt left any of the male sacks on it,just stems,leafs and roots but i guess it has to be female or just bad conditions.....
A male plant should work just fine as root stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom