Lets Do Some Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BombBP

BombBP

What's up farmers? I was looking at all the clones I have sitting around and was thinking it would be nice if I didn't have so many or if I had so many but on one plant. Then I was on another forum and saw a grafting thread. So I decided to do some grafting. The plan is to find the clones I want to keep and graft them all, any way I can, onto a single root stock.

I chose a bag seed clone as the root stock because of its vigor and size. I took my scion(plant to be grafted onto the root stock) from a Kurple Guerilla.

I went with a side graft or side veneer graft. Sorry I didn't take pics but I'll take another scion from something else and do a step by step with pics later today.

3 days later and the scion is looking good. Perking back up as it was wilted yesterday. You can tell by the leaves the scion is still alive and will more than likely take.

Anyone want to join me?

Lets do some cannabis grafting
Lets do some cannabis grafting 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What's up farmers? I was looking at all the clones I have sitting around and was thinking it would be nice if I didn't have so many or if I had so many but on one plant. Then I was on another forum and saw a grafting thread. So I decided to do some grafting. The plan is to find the clones I want to keep and graft them all, any way I can, onto a single root stock.

I chose a bag seed clone as the root stock because of its vigor and size. I took my scion(plant to be grafted onto the root stock) from a Kurple Guerilla.

I went with a side graft or side veneer graft. Sorry I didn't take pics but I'll take another scion from something else and do a step by step with pics later today.

3 days later and the scion is looking good. Perking back up as it was wilted yesterday. You can tell by the leaves the scion is still alive and will more than likely take.

Anyone want to join me?
Hell ya... love this thread!!!

BombBP

BombBP

Decided to try a wedge/cleft graft since I see ppl using this with success. I chose another bag seed as the root stock(pic 1) and Blue Cindy clone 2 for the scion(pic 2).

You need a knife, rubbing alcohol, plastic wrap and tape or rubber band.

First clean everything with the rubbing alcohol including the plants where cuts are going to be made. Next cut your root stock straight across making a clean, flat cut(pics 3 and 4). Next split your cut right down the middle, making a wedge(pic 5). This is where your scion will sit.

Take your scion the same way you cut your root stock, straight across, then make 2 45 degree angle cuts on each side making a v(pic 6).

Take your scion and slide it into the wedge(pic 7). Wrap the wedge firmly with plastic wrap and tape in place(pic 8) or tie in place with a rubber band.

Finished graft(pic 9)

2017 01 17 135515
2017 01 17 135553
2017 01 17 135623
2017 01 17 135658
2017 01 17 135734
2017 01 17 135810
2017 01 17 135855
2017 01 17 135936
2017 01 17 140003
lino

lino

I wish you luck with that method. I have had low successrate with a simular method. However I have never used a funnel of metal for the graft, I have used other secure methods. I have killed many plants perfecting cannabis grafts. I have a kit on sale soon that facilitates this. more on this later if you like.
I have had a Few successful grafts to Cannabis to Tom and Cannabis to Peprsypers where root and scion have been both. You have to be on you game to get these to takeTo,s.
I have had 2 genetic cross overs through out the yrs. IDK imy grafting threads are still here,,,
Ill look later

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Awesome thread, I have family that have been talking about doing this for years, to flower out a "FrankenCannabis" plant, and they have never decided to pull the trigger. I have read from Jorge Cervantes that the wedge cleft method is the best to use. He also mentions that combining Sativas to indicas would increase drought and mold resistance. Also read that in between the wedge and the top of the graft, is where the most frankenstein buds will develop giving characteristics of each. Would love to try this once I get my new room all built. Subbed for days.

BombBP

BombBP

I wish you luck with that method. I have had low successrate with a simular method. However I have never used a funnel of metal for the graft, I have used other secure methods. I have killed many plants perfecting cannabis grafts. I have a kit on sale soon that facilitates this. more on this later if you like.
I have had a Few successful grafts to Cannabis to Tom and Cannabis to Peprsypers where root and scion have been both. You have to be on you game to get these to takeTo,s.
I have had 2 genetic cross overs through out the yrs. IDK imy grafting threads are still here,,,
Ill look later

That's not a funnel of metal haha. That's just duct tape holding the plastic wrap securely. The duct tape isn't that right so it does kind of look like a funnel of metal:D.

Great Thread! I am going to try grafting a vertical garden using the acure method to fill up a screen quicker. I highly recommend using parafilm grafting tape. It is a must

I actually have grafting tape but idk where it is. I use it for grafting japanese maples.

I have wax too. I like it The best but it's a bitch to use it.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Awesome thread, I have family that have been talking about doing this for years, to flower out a "FrankenCannabis" plant, and they have never decided to pull the trigger. I have read from Jorge Cervantes that the wedge cleft method is the best to use. He also mentions that combining Sativas to indicas would increase drought and mold resistance. Also read that in between the wedge and the top of the graft, is where the most frankenstein buds will develop giving characteristics of each. Would love to try this once I get my new room all built. Subbed for days.[/QUOTE
Parafilm is the best I have found, stretchy, sticks only to itself, biodegrades. The shit from lowes or depot was worthless in my experience. Waste of $3.17x2.
Yep I use the same tape we just call it budding tape although I use the one you tie but I like the sticking in itself only that's great .

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Interesting thread! I only know one old timer that practices this. My question would be if you combined different strains through a graft would this combine their genetics or would you basically just have branches of different strains?

lino

lino

I have a Cannabis Grafting Kits - splints, clips, pressure applicator, tapes, glues, branch repair and Branch replacement grafts and many grafting type pastes that facilities cannabis grafts to be released next week. It is an entire grafting kit. I do not have hardwood tree, vines and those type of grafting kits yet.
These kits have harsh chemicals and need to be handled accordingly. GHR like 6-benzylaminopurine and other regulators will be used for controlling cytokinin, auxins and the like with these chemicals in these kits. If used safely plants can remain safe to consume.

Multiple plant grafts, many scions grafted to root system(s) instructions.
Build plant vigor instructions.
Inter-genetic crosses experiments.
Inter-Species grafts experiments.
Branch repair instructions.
Multiple roots to one plant instructions.

Consuming inter-species grafts and geneticJump grafts that cross can be dangerous, very rare. Test on bugs and animals before consuming.

These kits have other uses and work with other plants also. More soon

BombBP

BombBP

You could try grafting a high quality/low yield on a high yielding root mass and see what you get.

I have a Cannabis Grafting Kits - splints, clips, pressure applicator, tapes, glues, branch repair and Branch replacement grafts and many grafting type pastes that facilities cannabis grafts to be released next week. It is an entire grafting kit. I do not have hardwood tree, vines and those type of grafting kits yet.
These kits have harsh chemicals and need to be handled accordingly. GHR like 6-benzylaminopurine and other regulators will be used for controlling cytokinin, auxins and the like with these chemicals in these kits. If used safely plants can remain safe to consume.

Multiple plant grafts, many scions grafted to root system(s) instructions.
Build plant vigor instructions.
Inter-genetic crosses experiments.
Inter-Species grafts experiments.
Branch repair instructions.
Multiple roots to one plant instructions.

Consuming inter-species grafts and geneticJump grafts that cross can be dangerous, very rare. Test on bugs and animals before consuming.

These kits have other uses and work with other plants also. More soon
Available where?

BombBP

BombBP

Now the veneer graft, on the other hand, is looking great. Perked all the way back up. I'll be doing another one of these today also.

The cutting I used for root stock is a trifoliate. As if it wasn't crazy looking enough it should look really crazy with a bunch of grafts on it.

2017 01 20 123254
2017 01 20 123353
2017 01 20 123226
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
First an update on the wedge graft. It failed. Failed fast too so I probably got air in the stem or something. I'll give it another try later today.
I would do a whip & tounge graph on them but wait a bit longer so the stems are a semi hardwood style I think the soft wood wedge graph is to soon for the operation , just my 2 cents I've graphed trees and plants for many years both fruit and ornamental so I'll go with my gut instincts on this one , I'm going have to wait to try this method I'm only growing one strain be giving it a go when and if I can get some seed in .

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Im just thinking out loud here and have no experience on grafting. would wraping some wet gauze around the graft then taping over this help out with getting some water to the point of the cut? Just an idea that doesn't come with experience so please feel free to tell me to shut up dumbass haha.

Top Bottom