Let's play name the issues

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

I'm not calling it solved just yet but here is my working theory. In the first days of my grow I made a mistake with my homemade diffuser for my light app and was measuring my light at probably 30-40% of what it actually should have been and burned one of the plants. Kind of humbled me and I went with a less is more approach and was content to stick with the results I was getting with my early veg blend. I feel my earlier assumption of a minor pest problem is correct, but I feel @Dirtbag was on the right path with nutrient imbalance by running the res as long as I did.

I think I was depleting N in the days leading up to res change and I was misreading the some of the early signs thinking it was the pest. I actually wanted to change my res a few days earlier but wanted to test the Neem Oil on a single leaf and then apply it before I changed out the solution. I didn't want to have to many issues to troubleshoot at once (this is funny in retrospect). I think I then shocked them a little when I switched the res out leading to a couple of burnt tips on new growth.

I feel right now they are looking better, will post some pictures in the morning.

Oh to clarify what actions I actually took for posterity sake. The first morning after the res change I noticed the PPM rise a little but thought perhaps I wasn't as careful brining my system up to my desired feed rate so I immediately diluted back down to my target. When I noticed the burnt tips and issues I again did a slight dilution of the mix and actually bumped CalMag by 10 PPM just to be safe even if it is the duct tape of cannabis growing. Also ran the H202 at a little higher concertation than normal. Other than that just being patient and making sure not to do anything rash
Stay away from tryin to hit those stupidly high ppm numbers you see its gonna cause you headaches, rises in ppm numbers are a common thing the plant is dumpin nutes and waste back into the mix with changes to the ph levels. Find the sweet spot and maintain it, mine was 650 ppm or less, as the grow progressed and wastes built up in the res I had a harder time keepin the ph under control, start right and keep it right. I don’t understand the cal/mag argument of course its not a bandaid or “duct tape” it’s necessary or every publication and scrap of information I have read wouldn’t suggest using it. The trick is dont cause problems and you won’t have to fix problems meaning add the right stuff in the right amounts from day one keep em on a regular routine and don’t believe everything you read there are too many conflicting tidbits of information and you will be a puddle of a person not knowin what the hell to do next. Nothing and I mean nothing beats experiance, every grow is different, my mountain spring water is different than any other water and I had to learn how to make it work. I have ROASTED a few plants along the way thats a learning experience thats hard to swallow but swallow I did cleaned everything up and started again. I now ignore most of the mountains of blah blah blah and do my own thing which only took 5 YEARS to develop. Never quit

FourPlants

FourPlants

I think its under control, will post back if things change for the worse. Hopefully I will be getting ready to switch to flower in7-10 days.

0812D

Lilolme

Lilolme

this was something I never would have expected and could have headed off at the very beginning. The one on the right struggled to get the seed cap off after germination but finally shed it I thought it was dead but it finally perked up, by then it was far behind the other so I chucked it into a bubble bucket under my old crappy lights and put the work into keepin it goin. Huge waste of time the smoke was horrible despite the relatively decent lookin plant. I shoulda pulled that thing when I first saw problems, genetic abnormalities were suggested to me by various people in the know. Some problems cant be fixed you gotta look out for those too
C945A2D4 0868 4656 BF1F 8C8DC1F1F6F6
D49D973E CAAC 4728 A3EF 2784DDC82606
C1165AF7 3174 4CF7 9A9B 6B4F2505AE3A
390A002B 34BF 41F5 B549 22A8E93280DD

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

As long as we ban the first person who says cal/Mag I’m game.
Cal mag is the duct tape of cannabis apparently lol
Stay away from tryin to hit those stupidly high ppm numbers you see its gonna cause you headaches, rises in ppm numbers are a common thing the plant is dumpin nutes and waste back into the mix with changes to the ph levels. Find the sweet spot and maintain it, mine was 650 ppm or less, as the grow progressed and wastes built up in the res I had a harder time keepin the ph under control, start right and keep it right. I don’t understand the cal/mag argument of course its not a bandaid or “duct tape” it’s necessary or every publication and scrap of information I have read wouldn’t suggest using it. The trick is dont cause problems and you won’t have to fix problems meaning add the right stuff in the right amounts from day one keep em on a regular routine and don’t believe everything you read there are too many conflicting tidbits of information and you will be a puddle of a person not knowin what the hell to do next. Nothing and I mean nothing beats experiance, every grow is different, my mountain spring water is different than any other water and I had to learn how to make it work. I have ROASTED a few plants along the way thats a learning experience thats hard to swallow but swallow I did cleaned everything up and started again. I now ignore most of the mountains of blah blah blah and do my own thing which only took 5 YEARS to develop. Never quit
fyi, Duct tape comment was a joke, I thought it was pretty clear

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You were right on point, OG punk! If only Cal mag could cure overwatering what a wonderful world this would be!

Latest posts

Top Bottom