Let's see your giant buds! Here's mine.

• Thread starter Hydrocropper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

757Botanist

Hey buddy your plants look nice and healthy, they are stretching a bit and I'm wondering if it's because you have lack of light.. may I ask what you are running for your lights inside that tent? There's really no way that you can start to flower too late, you can veg that plant for several years and then decide to flower it if you wanted to. Your lack of size in the buds has to do with the amount of light that you're giving the plants... Also, when you lollipop such as the way I do make sure to leave some of those bigger leaves on there because they are the true solar panels that make your buds grow. I think you're doing an excellent job I just think that you probably need more light.
Hydro!!!!! Man thanks sooo much! Ok so next round I will add the lights. Right now the Blurple light only pumps out around 600 watts. I have another bright ass HD light so I will add that. And I see what you mean, compared to other pics I’ve seen,
I went defoliating crazy. Thanks for the advice

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Hydro!!!!! Man thanks sooo much! Ok so next round I will add the lights. Right now the Blurple light only pumps out around 600 watts. I have another bright ass HD light so I will add that. And I see what you mean, compared to other pics I’ve seen,
600 w is a lot so if that's actually what the light is producing those buds should be bigger than that. I have one plant under a 600 watt HPS.. although a 600 watt LED is not comparable to an HPS, you should find out for sure exactly how many wants you are producing for those plants. I wasn't expecting you to say 600 watts ...I was expecting you to say something more like 200 to 300 watts... If you don't have a meter download one to test your actual watts from the top of the plans to the light

757Botanist

600 w is a lot so if that's actually what the light is producing those buds should be bigger than that. I have one plant under a 600 watt HPS.. although it's 600 watt LED is not comparable to an HPS, you should find out for sure exactly how many wants you are producing for those plants. I wasn't expecting you to say 600 watts I was expecting you to say something more like 200 to 300 watts.
Nope i have fat fingers. Its only 60
Watts. I just added a light with a brightness knob, that one runs at 200 watts. So 260
Altogether. I have been using molasses but will be reverting back to FF big bloom.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Photone is the best and most reliable one that I've seen. It works pretty close to a $30 one that you buy off Amazon

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Watts. I just added a light with a brightness knob, that one runs at 200 watts. So 260
Altogether. I have been using molasses but will be reverting back to FF big bloom.
Okay you just narrowed down the entire problem with your buds... Nothing to do with your veg time at all.. it is 100% your lack of light. You need to juice it up to the actual 600 watts or more to produce some big buds. No worries dude your buds are great for the light you're giving them. But if you want bigger ones you need more light that's all. Either way you're still doing a great job keep it up!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I'm only laughing at the fat fingers part.. the rest of the comment is dead on!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

As far as defoliating, you can still produce some big buds because the light sees everything, although you might have plucked off a couple too many leaves that's still okay. The buds you are producing are really nice quality. I've done it and everybody else on this entire forum has done it... The difference between some of the forums is that this one actually has really nice people to help you instead of s******* all over your grow and telling you that you suck.. for real, your crop looks really great for the amount of light that you're giving it...it looks like an extremely healthy grow. I'd be proud to smoke that bud with all of my friends!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Been off the site for a year due to new baby boy! This is my 4th try and think I have corrected a few issues I had in the past. Any insight is appreciated

(2) GG4 plants. Their mom grew nanners and produced about 100 seeds.
(1) Gary Payton
(1) Gogi berry
View attachment 2124341
Also, congratulations on your new baby boy! That's more important than some plants that you can do with anytime.

757Botanist

As far as defoliating, you can still produce some big buds because the light sees everything, although you might have plucked off a couple too many leaves that's still okay. The buds you are producing are really nice quality. I've done it and everybody else on this entire forum has done it... The difference between some of the forums is that this one actually has really nice people to help you instead of s******* all over your grow and telling you that you suck.. for real, your crop looks really great for the amount of light that you're giving it...it looks like an extremely healthy grow. I'd be proud to smoke that bud with all of my friends!
HYDRO! You’re da man! God bless and I will definitely explore my light options. 🙏🙏🤠🤠🤝🤜🤛

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

HYDRO! You’re da man! God bless and I will definitely explore my light options. 🙏🙏🤠🤠🤝🤜🤛
A friend with weed is a friend indeed... You're da man bro! I'm just a dude that took everybody's growing style and built one of my own. Kind of like a cover band 🤘😎🤘😂🤘

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

38 days into bloom... January 14th and today... Still another month to go. This is a clone baby off of the big bud White Banner from this original post. If you compare the original buds from this post to this plant you can see that this one should be actually bigger than the last.

Screenshot 20240221 155413
IMG 20240221 155204627 HDR
Last edited:

757Botanist

Howdy Buddy! Did you harvest yet? I added a second light 100 watts and I did see some difference. I’m going to flush today and harvest Monday. Folks were saying 12 weeks maybe a little long so imma split the difference and go 9. Trichs and hairs seem to be were
They need to be!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Howdy Buddy! Did you harvest yet? I added a second light 100 watts and I did see some difference. I’m going to flush today and harvest Monday. Folks were saying 12 weeks maybe a little long so imma split the difference and go 9. Trichs and hairs seem to be were
They need to be!
I won't be harvesting until around St. Patrick's day, which is exactly 9 weeks of flower, but I will say that your timing has nothing to do with when your plant is ready. You need to get a Jeweler's loupe or scope to look at the trichomes close up. Your plant is ready when the trichomes are all cloudy colored and at least a third of them are amber colored. Some plants finish in 8 weeks and some plants go to 13 weeks or so... Most are -9-10 weeks to finish that I've grown.. Don't just split the difference and cut it down by guessing, lol. You really need to check the trichomes, and your plant will tell you when she's ready to be harvested...... 🤘😎👍

Last edited:

757Botanist

I won't be harvesting until around St. Patrick's day, which is exactly 9 weeks of flower, but I will say that your timing has nothing to do with when your plant is ready. You need to get a Jeweler's loupe or scope to look at the trichomes close up. Your plant is ready when the trichomes are all cloudy colored and at least a third of them are amber colored. Some plants finish in 8 weeks and some plants go to 13 weeks or so... Most are -9-10 weeks to finish that I've grown.. Don't just split the difference and cut it down by guessing, lol. You really need to check the trichomes, and your plant will tell you when she's ready to be harvested...... 🤘😎👍
Holy smokes! A friend of mine let me borrow his loupe! Wow the bud is beautiful, still some clear trichomes but it’s cloudy. I think they will be done in the 9-10 week window so I will stick to my
Original harvest date. I did flush the plant twice last week so I will hold off to avoid any overwatering issues.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Holy smokes! A friend of mine let me borrow his loupe! Wow the bud is beautiful, still some clear trichomes but it’s cloudy. I think they will be done in the 9-10 week window so I will stick to my
Original harvest date. I did flush the plant twice last week so I will hold off to avoid any overwatering issues.
I wouldn't just pick a date and cut it, just wait until all those trichomes are at least 1/3 amber all cloudy and no clear... the color of a turn signal on a car.

757Botanist

I wouldn't just pick a date and cut it, just wait until all those trichomes are at least 1/3 amber all cloudy and no clear... the color of a turn signal on a car.
lol can you tell that I’m impatient 🤦‍♂️ but I am going to do exactly that. Every things seems on par minus a few hiccups so I’m just getting anxious. But I won’t that be the reason I mess the harvest up. As always Hydro MANY THANKS BRUDDA

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

lol can you tell that I’m impatient 🤦‍♂️ but I am going to do exactly that. Every things seems on par minus a few hiccups so I’m just getting anxious. But I won’t that be the reason I mess the harvest up. As always Hydro MANY THANKS BRUDDA
Patience is absolutely the key to a good harvest. If you cut that plant down too early you will be so devastated with the quality of your bud, and with all of your hard work down the shitter. Every person on this entire forum has done that and been disappointed, that's how we learn.. we didn't always have YouTube and forums to ask questions, we didn't realize that we had to look that closely to tell if the plant was done.... They always look great while they are growing, but if you cut it too early, your bud will be junk and you will be extremely disappointed... I used to sit and watch my plants grow just like watching paint dry... The best thing to do is leave them alone and don't even look at them all day.. check in on them and then leave them... You'll notice the difference... My lights come on at 8:00 a.m. Central Time, I go down and check all the pH in my buckets and take a few pictures... Then I do the same thing at 7:30 p.m. before the light goes off... If you want to stare at your plants, take pictures of everything, then stare at your phone and zoom in and out.. 🤘😂

Bilber

Bilber

☝️.....100% true......once you get the hang of it, it's down hill from there.....I'm one of the ones that pulls plants early.....it's what I call my treat.....I hate ambered couchlock, but the full cloudy, that is all me......the unfortunate thing with my style is I lose a shit-ton of actual weight/plant growth.....to each their own....

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

☝️.....100% true......once you get the hang of it, it's down hill from there.....I'm one of the ones that pulls plants early.....it's what I call my treat.....I hate ambered couchlock, but the full cloudy, that is all me......the unfortunate thing with my style is I lose a shit-ton of actual weight/plant growth.....to each their own....
Oh yes I totally get when you let them go too long and there is too much Amber, lol. But you are right you do lose a lot of weight by cutting your plant early, the calyxes developed so much more in the last 10 days or so. Four grows back, I cut a plant about a week earlier than normal, it was almost like swag without seeds. 😂... And I've grown a hundred plants, so that was a rookie error for me. We all do it, but I guess some of us do it on purpose ☝️🤣

Top Bottom