lets talk overgrow.com

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
^ right there! I also am a (young) old OG refugee. Had retained the Grow FAQs for years after it shut down, unfortunately lost the digital back ups I had last year. Been hunting for them since, that document alone pulled me out of 90% of the cannabis infirmary forums on many sites because it was so comprehensive, you didn't need to post pictures and pry peoples minds for information on what could be wrong with your plants. I'll admit, I was 14 or 15 when I first hopped on OG, fell in love. Hell, when I first came here to the farm, the layout and color choice struck a nerve, because this place has a very similar image from what I recall. Either way, thanks to the real heads on that forum, I was growing well before I could even legally drive. Helped instil what has become a lifelong passion. After OG shut down, I wound up at IC, then fell off all the forums after Gypsy and his shit wagon hit the fan.

The farm is definitely comparable to OG imo, minus all the children (I presume), though there seems to be a recent influx of a "younger" variety just due to some of the intro threads and multiple threads being started about the same topic. Either way, the wealth and quality of info here with the lack of clutter really makes this place equally valuable to how OG was back when.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey I know Dman and I don`t think he believes skunkman`s a snitch. I know Dman isn`t as he`s had dealings with me and also some others I`ve known along the way. Just to let you know, I haven`t talked to Dman for for 25 years or so though.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Three little birds had ducksfoot. The herb was trash but the leafs did grow like a duckfoot. And i miss cw more but og was the shit too, way more open to trading and meeting up then the forums out now
Ducks foot was from Wallie Duck in Australia. He sent me some for some reason and never grew it cause I was told it wasn`t that good of smoke.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

I just read through this whole thing and I cant believe no one has mentioned Strawdog, Overgrow would have been a much more boring place without him :p

I did most of my posting on Cannabisworld (we told ourselves that it was only kids on OG...) but I still read through all the good threads on OG every day, and posted a bit from time to time.

I cant remember how I actualy found OG and CW, was a member of a non english psychedelic forum that had a small cannabis section, and someone told me of a place called weedworld and I think that evolved into OG and CW, but its back in 97 or 98 and my memory of that time is rather fuzzy.

I miss Shabang and his Dank Ass Bitch, the first internet celebrity clone along with G13, hope he is well where ever he is.

And not to forget Vic High!! and with him Hibe/Hyb/Hybe (and a million other names) and Chimera, those guys have spend an eternity trying to teach a bit of biology and genetics to people who for the most part did not want to know the truth (as it didnt fit their get rich fast scheme)

And the reason Orgnkid got so much hate was because he talked like a 12 year old wannabe gangster in all CAPS, his spelling was so bad it took hours to decipher his posts, but I could never figure out how much was just bragging (as he clearly did that alot) and how much was actualy the truth, but it was from him that I first heard of Bubba Kush and then Banana Kush, but the first time I heard of OG Kush was from Ghost1, but again fuzzy memory... I have a large box of print outs from OG and CW, and somewhere in there is the threads where the kush craze started, one day when im feeling very nostalgic I might go through them
there you will find it i bet lol. There were soem great people there like you mentioned! Remember oreginkids buddy blacksativa in oregon hyping bubba hard and posting his first bubba grows from his apt. closet .lol. He gave us one and i was babysitting it and acidently broke the 5 footer in half. woops. lol. It was like breaking a broomstick . Pole plant lol. Huge fat fan leafs. whew. They gave some banana to a friend and he brang soem over to smoke one day before i herd it mentioned online. . With some lemon drop , manic , brain , dog or dogshit, cant remember really. Hyped strains didnt do much for me. Never kept any strains from them. I think my fav from others back then was thadoctas albertwalker and his malawi northern lights he made. Tasty stuff ! Hope i got the name right with the malawi. lol. sorry doc.....

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

OH them good old days of the site!!!!

Anybody remember me(bluelougrew) hahaha,
still FILLING MY BACK YARD UP AS MORMAL,
nope the pigs did NOT get the best of me,I'm here!

Hey,all my pics are in my old iMac but if you go threw my
grow thread links in my sig'you may remember then as i
entertained and helped many friends at that old site!!!
Overgrowing florida till i die..

Stories i remember??
Ghaze was a craze at the time!

Hmm ,to stoned to think back now sorry??
peace..lg

H

HFSAF

I was a member of the original overgrow site and am a member of the current re boot. I just saw this thread and have to say the twists and turns to the story never end. I joined originaly out of pure love for the plant and on a hunt for the origins of what then was a little known strain of weed to most people. The strain I'm referring to is of course og kush or as I met it back then just kush. I happend to be friends with a very well known model at the time who was regularly buying 600+ Ounces of this stuff and I'd never seen anything like it. It was often labeled AAA kush in little tupawares.I was not new to good weed by any means but this was special.i wanted to grow and preserve this but was told the seeds were highly guarded and very few could even get the weed. As the years passed I spent and still spend countless hours reading about that kush and what it may have been and were it might have come from. Just my luck that it became one of the most famouse and convoluted strains to ever exist making my search for the clone or seed increasingly difficult. I have grown and seen many of kush sense then and some were very close , identical in smell or taste but never having the smell taste and strength of what I first saw. Markscastle you have added yet another stack of information in my mind in regards to the subject and in terms of giving me hope the pure form still exists. I never thought I'd be this old and still not have it , I've given up on ever knowing what it truly was or is or who created it I just hope I can one day grow her in my garden , its one of few dreams I havent had completely destroyed yet.

Ace9137

Ace9137

The Skunkman never went to prison , he ratted on his friends and was let go. He then took the `stolen genetics` with him to the Dam. I know I was there! Many of my friends did serious time because of him! This strain has caused a bunch of grief all the way around. Never trust Sam please! I was an anonymous contributor for Sacred Seeds and there work preferring to be in the shadows because they were too open and the laws were so strict then, even Cali`s. Besides I mostly worked alone on breeding projects and had Sunshine Seeds going good at the time.
I heard about this some years ago from my uncle, he was a big time smuggler, he was sold out by the guy he was smuggling for.

D

Donkeyramp

Ahhh memories... I was a member of the good ole OG forums back in the day, I started studying around 2002 and started growing and journaling in 2003 or so. I went by the name Sativa4me or S4me. Name isn't real memorable, but I did have a cool avatar. It was homer simpson stoned out of his mind and holding a joint up to his mouth. lol. Good times. It's been so long, I don't remember all that much, although the name BOG came flooding back when I saw it here, and the one grower's name that helped me out a lot that I'll never forget was JamesGang. He grew a lot of Soma strains like Lavender if IIRC. I had probably 4 or 5 grow journals and I'm super sad, cause I've since lost all of my photos of my grows and even pretty recently found a few from google, but they seem to have vanished again. Bah. I hate when hard drives fail. Oh well. OG was amazing though, and it was a huge part of my life back in the early 2000's. Something I'll never forget! Cheers!

Top Bottom