Lets talk quality, in the ground vs in large airpots

• Thread starter ga213
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ga213

So as title says, do you get better QUALITY bud if you use a really great mix in a 300 gallon airpot vs planting straight into the ground? I'm talking bud quality here, not yield, so trichome production, nice lime green color instead of dark green and smoother bud?

Opinions?

M

mrdizzle

logic would dictate that a proper, amended, controlled soil will churn out a finer finished product

D

dusty

in the ground or in a smart pot doesn't matter. what matters is how much direct sun, the genetics, and how you dried it..FWIW

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it would suck to have to dig 50+ 300 gallon holes when you can just plant in a smart pot and get the same results+ the benefit of the oxygen being fed to the root systems

D

dusty

no one with a scene with 50 300 gallon holes would be digging by hand. mini excavator for the win!

C

crossouttheiis

no one with a scene with 50 300 gallon holes would be digging by hand. mini excavator for the win!

for the price as well as paying for gas for one of those spend a few hundred more and you can have all smart pots. I think that would be my way to go if I were to ever do it big

D

dusty

300 gallons is a small hole. My garden has 60 300 gallon smart pots that were custom cut for me back in Feb...My additions next year will be in 12x12 mounds..FWIW..I actually have grown in a 300 gal smart pot , and seen plants grown in the ground in a WAY larger mound than a smart pot could ever dream to be...and with the soil being mounded ABOVE ground there is still air pruning happening to the roots etc.,, Don't get caught in the hype..just get out there and grow...FWIW>..the 12x12 mounds will be 2400 gallons ...Have fun in the 300s

PS>> It cost me $2800 for 72 custom made 300 gal smart pots and I get them for wholesale! It would cost me way less in red dye to dig the holes with the KX121-3.

This thread is like an 8 second pro street car owner talkin with a bunch of bench racers...

B

Backward_Z

Why not bury an airpot? Like, halfway down. So when the roots fill out the container they're free to expand into the surrounding soil?

I'd just make sure the surrounding soil is of quality.

B

Buddy Hemphill

300 gallons is a small hole. My garden has 60 300 gallon smart pots that were custom cut for me back in Feb...My additions next year will be in 12x12 mounds..FWIW..I actually have grown in a 300 gal smart pot , and seen plants grown in the ground in a WAY larger mound than a smart pot could ever dream to be...and with the soil being mounded ABOVE ground there is still air pruning happening to the roots etc.,, Don't get caught in the hype..just get out there and grow...FWIW>..the 12x12 mounds will be 2400 gallons ...Have fun in the 300s

PS>> It cost me $2800 for 72 custom made 300 gal smart pots and I get them for wholesale! It would cost me way less in red dye to dig the holes with the KX121-3.

This thread is like an 8 second pro street car owner talkin with a bunch of bench racers...

I got a GN that runs nines.

yes, still has the 6.:evilgrin0021:

sorry for the jack...felt like bragging....:sun2:

:itwasntme

Top Bottom