Life of a Marsian: Bubba Kush & Fire Og ( Under TSL-2000's & TS-1000s )

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Hi folks. I wanted to start a new journal for everyone to follow along. This is a grow that will start from seed and will be completed once I harvest, cure and get my dry weights. I got the thread going and will starting the seeds later today to kick off the grow. Below, I'll upload any and all information on my grow and the equipement being used to do so. Please feel free to follow along, offer any tips or advice and maybe just stay to chat a bit.

Germination: The method I use has worked very well so I stick to what works best for me. Using a standard shot glass, I fill it up 2/3 with water and the rest 3% hydrogen peroxide. The trick is to keep the seed floating. Usually 48-72 hours and I have a taproot. If it sinks, then into a paper towel they go.

Seedling Stage: Once I have a taproot, I then transfer the seed into a Solo Cup filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I give the soil a nice little watering. Not too much to soak the entire soil but enough to make it damp. Equipement used in this area are as follows. Mars-Hydro 300w LED unit, 2x4 tent, small oscillating fan. Once the plant grows big enough, I then transfer them into their final 3 gallon fabric pots.

Vegetative Stage: Once I have transplanted them into their fabric pots, I then start my topping and training. Usually at the end of the 2nd week going into the 3rd week is when I am able to. I am also introducing them to their first feeds as well. Nutrients being used will be Fox Farm Trio and Cal-mag. I personally follow the chart perfectly unless a plant needs more or less of something. I tend to keep them in this stage from 4-8 weeks. This is mainly done by the size of the plant. Equipement used in this area are as follows. Mars-Hydro TSL-2000, 2x4 tent, one 6 in. intake fan and one oscillating fan.

Flowering Stage: Once I have reached this point I flip my lights back to 12/12. Personally, I love using photoperiod seeds. Before the flip, I give the plants 36 hours of pure darkness then follow into the 12/12. Once I start seeing signs of pistols , that's when I introduce the Bloom nutes. As the weeks go by in flower, I also start dialing back on my time the lights are on. By my final week of flower, my lights are on 8 hours and off the rest. I start reducing from 12 hours on once I reach about week 5 of flower. Equipement used in this area is as follows: One Mars-Hydro TSL-2000, one Mars-Hydro TS-1000 are the lights in my 4x4 tent. I also use one 6 in. duct fan and 2 oscillating fans for the 4x4. Hopefully, I'll be able to replace the TS-1000 with another TSL-2000.

Strains selected for the grow are as follows: 2 Bubba Kush feminized seeds and 2 Fire Og feminzed seeds. I'll upload the information on each strain in the following comment. Thank you for stopping in, there'll be more to come.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I appreciate the detail in your descriptions of your setup. I will be following along when I am able. Good luck with your grow brother. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Thank you very much. I try to keep things as detailed as possible. Not only are they my personal notes, but they help others learning.

BigCube

BigCube

My germ is almost the same. But diff.

I put seed I ro water for 24 hours, then into damp paper towel and ziplock. Put that in a small black back I have, and put it in the side pocket of my tent. Tent is usually 25 to 26c. In 2 or 3 days they are ready to go in to whatever you're using.

Pretty much the same 😆

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Subbed, or watching or whatever it is I here. Lol.. let's see them lights do their thing!
Thank you for stopping in and following along. I'll be dropping later today to get them going. I don't know personally all the hate for these lights. I'm not promoting anything. Just want to show members how they work and how well they work.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

My germ is almost the same. But diff.

I put seed I ro water for 24 hours, then into damp paper towel and ziplock. Put that in a small black back I have, and put it in the side pocket of my tent. Tent is usually 25 to 26c. In 2 or 3 days they are ready to go in to whatever you're using.

Pretty much the same 😆
I used to do that but it seemed I drowned the seeds a lot. Ever since I tried the method I posted my success rate went way up. Like the saying " if it isn't broke, don't fix it."

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Just in case if anyone is wondering, this is the schedule I follow for nutrients. Now, since Fox Farm soil is rather hot, I usually don't need to feed until week 3. First feed I start off half the recommended dosage then up to full dosage the following week. It calls for 2 feeds a week but I get away with one feed a week and one water a week. Cal-mag also gets added into the feeds as well. I follow the 3 in green at the top of the chart. This is for soil growers only. They have schedules for hydro and coco mediums.

Screen Shot 2014 02 07 at 13742 PM
BigCube

BigCube

Thank you for stopping in and following along. I'll be dropping later today to get them going. I don't know personally all the hate for these lights. I'm not promoting anything. Just want to show members how they work and how well they work.

I hear you man, haters gonna hate though. The best thing you can do is show them they are wrong. 👍

I dont have any mars, but I have a buddy who uses mars only. And he's one of the reasons I went to LED in the first place. He does real good with his Mars units. Not sure what he has, but they are newer too.

You've got this. Dont let a few sour grapes ruin your fun. This shit is all for you, you're just taking us along for the ride man. You dont owe anyone an explanation 👍

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I hear you man, haters gonna hate though. The best thing you can do is show them they are wrong. 👍

I dont have any mars, but I have a buddy who uses mars only. And he's one of the reasons I went to LED in the first place. He does real good with his Mars units. Not sure what he has, but they are newer too.

You've got this. Dont let a few sour grapes ruin your fun. This shit is all for you, you're just taking us along for the ride man. You dont owe anyone an explanation 👍
I've got a lot of time on my hands so it keeps me busy. I'll never allow people to get to me. Like I said, I just want to document a grow and complete a well written journal. I get a nice reward after it's over. Some killer medicine.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Terpz719

Terpz719

Hey SBG. Good luck with your grow! Thanks for all the detailed info. I appreciate the time and effort you're making. I'm just finishing up my first grow with a pair of SP 250s. Been pretty happy with them so far, though I don't have anything else to compare them to.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Hey SBG. Good luck with your grow! Thanks for all the detailed info. I appreciate the time and effort you're making. I'm just finishing up my first grow with a pair of SP 250s. Been pretty happy with them so far, though I don't have anything else to compare them to.
Cool, you got any pics would love to see if not too much 2 ask

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Preparing to start the seeds of this morning. I'll report when the actual drop begins.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

As of now, the seeds have been started. One of the Bubba sank immediately. I moved that one into a plastic bag and damp paper towel. Hopefully, in the next few days I can get them planted.

Fire og  bubba
Top Bottom