Life of a Marsian: Bubba Kush & Fire Og ( Under TSL-2000's & TS-1000s )

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fisher100

Hi folks. I wanted to start a new journal for everyone to follow along. This is a grow that will start from seed and will be completed once I harvest, cure and get my dry weights. I got the thread going and will starting the seeds later today to kick off the grow. Below, I'll upload any and all information on my grow and the equipement being used to do so. Please feel free to follow along, offer any tips or advice and maybe just stay to chat a bit.

Germination: The method I use has worked very well so I stick to what works best for me. Using a standard shot glass, I fill it up 2/3 with water and the rest 3% hydrogen peroxide. The trick is to keep the seed floating. Usually 48-72 hours and I have a taproot. If it sinks, then into a paper towel they go.

Seedling Stage: Once I have a taproot, I then transfer the seed into a Solo Cup filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I give the soil a nice little watering. Not too much to soak the entire soil but enough to make it damp. Equipement used in this area are as follows. Mars-Hydro 300w LED unit, 2x4 tent, small oscillating fan. Once the plant grows big enough, I then transfer them into their final 3 gallon fabric pots.

Vegetative Stage: Once I have transplanted them into their fabric pots, I then start my topping and training. Usually at the end of the 2nd week going into the 3rd week is when I am able to. I am also introducing them to their first feeds as well. Nutrients being used will be Fox Farm Trio and Cal-mag. I personally follow the chart perfectly unless a plant needs more or less of something. I tend to keep them in this stage from 4-8 weeks. This is mainly done by the size of the plant. Equipement used in this area are as follows. Mars-Hydro TSL-2000, 2x4 tent, one 6 in. intake fan and one oscillating fan.

Flowering Stage: Once I have reached this point I flip my lights back to 12/12. Personally, I love using photoperiod seeds. Before the flip, I give the plants 36 hours of pure darkness then follow into the 12/12. Once I start seeing signs of pistols , that's when I introduce the Bloom nutes. As the weeks go by in flower, I also start dialing back on my time the lights are on. By my final week of flower, my lights are on 8 hours and off the rest. I start reducing from 12 hours on once I reach about week 5 of flower. Equipement used in this area is as follows: One Mars-Hydro TSL-2000, one Mars-Hydro TS-1000 are the lights in my 4x4 tent. I also use one 6 in. duct fan and 2 oscillating fans for the 4x4. Hopefully, I'll be able to replace the TS-1000 with another TSL-2000.

Strains selected for the grow are as follows: 2 Bubba Kush feminized seeds and 2 Fire Og feminzed seeds. I'll upload the information on each strain in the following comment. Thank you for stopping in, there'll be more to come.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Hi folks. I wanted to start a new journal for everyone to follow along. This is a grow that will start from seed and will be completed once I harvest, cure and get my dry weights. I got the thread going and will starting the seeds later today to kick off the grow. Below, I'll upload any and all information on my grow and the equipement being used to do so. Please feel free to follow along, offer any tips or advice and maybe just stay to chat a bit.

Germination: The method I use has worked very well so I stick to what works best for me. Using a standard shot glass, I fill it up 2/3 with water and the rest 3% hydrogen peroxide. The trick is to keep the seed floating. Usually 48-72 hours and I have a taproot. If it sinks, then into a paper towel they go.

Seedling Stage: Once I have a taproot, I then transfer the seed into a Solo Cup filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I give the soil a nice little watering. Not too much to soak the entire soil but enough to make it damp. Equipement used in this area are as follows. Mars-Hydro 300w LED unit, 2x4 tent, small oscillating fan. Once the plant grows big enough, I then transfer them into their final 3 gallon fabric pots.

Vegetative Stage: Once I have transplanted them into their fabric pots, I then start my topping and training. Usually at the end of the 2nd week going into the 3rd week is when I am able to. I am also introducing them to their first feeds as well. Nutrients being used will be Fox Farm Trio and Cal-mag. I personally follow the chart perfectly unless a plant needs more or less of something. I tend to keep them in this stage from 4-8 weeks. This is mainly done by the size of the plant. Equipement used in this area are as follows. Mars-Hydro TSL-2000, 2x4 tent, one 6 in. intake fan and one oscillating fan.

Flowering Stage: Once I have reached this point I flip my lights back to 12/12. Personally, I love using photoperiod seeds. Before the flip, I give the plants 36 hours of pure darkness then follow into the 12/12. Once I start seeing signs of pistols , that's when I introduce the Bloom nutes. As the weeks go by in flower, I also start dialing back on my time the lights are on. By my final week of flower, my lights are on 8 hours and off the rest. I start reducing from 12 hours on once I reach about week 5 of flower. Equipement used in this area is as follows: One Mars-Hydro TSL-2000, one Mars-Hydro TS-1000 are the lights in my 4x4 tent. I also use one 6 in. duct fan and 2 oscillating fans for the 4x4. Hopefully, I'll be able to replace the TS-1000 with another TSL-2000.

Strains selected for the grow are as follows: 2 Bubba Kush feminized seeds and 2 Fire Og feminzed seeds. I'll upload the information on each strain in the following comment. Thank you for stopping in, there'll be more to come.
Glad I ran into your post! I’m running Fire OG also, RDWC & 1 smart pot are 5 days old and 3 other smart pots I just put in soil today. I’m a virgin and this is my 1st time, hopefully all goes well. Following this!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Glad I ran into your post! I’m running Fire OG also, RDWC & 1 smart pot are 5 days old and 3 other smart pots I just put in soil today. I’m a virgin and this is my 1st time, hopefully all goes well. Following this!
Thanks for stopping in. I actually bought a WaterFarm last week. My next grow that I will be starting next month I'll be using it for the first time. Just one plant to see if I like it because I am so used to soil. But yea, once you get them going and bigger we can compare traits. Do you have a Grow Journal here? If not, I highly suggest starting one, specially since you're a new grower. Not only will you be able to keep your own notes, others can follow along as well.....Just in case you were to run into problems or they can even give tips. Tons of helpful people here that know their doing.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I ordered new soil yesterday. So when it arrives, I'll be doing the transplants. Since I'll be in new soil, I will back off the feeds for a week or 2. Fox Farm is known to run hot so I don't want to burn small plants. I usually feed end of week 2 if using new soil to transplant. New pics coming since they've been topped and the top fan leaves removed to allow the new growth light.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

New growth coming in nicely. Already have taken to the move and are praying towards the light.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Looking to start training this week hopefully on all 3 of the plants.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Please pay no attention to the bottom left plant. She is a reveg after harvest. I should be starting to train them this weekend. One Bubba Kush not too happy right now. She's due for a watering and my lights turned on not to long after this picture was taken.

Bubba fireog week3
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I have trained one Bubba Kush and the Fire OG. I'll be training the other Bubba Kush a little differently. Curious to see if it helps in harvest weights. Giving the Bubba Kush another 24-48 hours before starting LST. I don't like adding stress to an already stressed plant. Other then that, Plants are growing as should and on schedule. Plants are taking to their feeds well too. Normal feeders for the most part. I'll do any modifications over the next week and start getting them ready for flower.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Looking back, they are about 1 month old. So as long as the plants are doing fine, next weekend I will throw them into flower after I put them into the dark for 36 hours. I've always liked doing the 24-36 hours of dark before going into 12/12. In my opinion, it seems the plant starts throwing pistols faster.

Top Bottom