Light Burn Or Nutrient Issue or something else?

• Thread starter bsl333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Awesome. I won’t make any changes in that case and I’ll just observe the new growth. Thanks again all! Really appreciate the quick help. I’ll post some pics in a week or so and hopefully these guys/gals are raging!
yes keep posting so we can watch and react if needed..

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Too much light and too much nutrients can be too much at a young age. Think for example like feeding a newborn baby fried liver and onions with a soda an adult or teen can digest that fine but it would not be so good for a baby. And I think it is even harder to dial nutrients with f1 lines since there is a lot of variation between plants?

B

bsl333

Too much light and too much nutrients can be too much at a young age. Think for example like feeding a newborn baby fried liver and onions with a soda an adult or teen can digest that fine but it would not be so good for a baby. And I think it is even harder to dial nutrients with f1 lines since there is a lot of variation between plants?
Makes total sense.

I’ve been watering once ever 3-4 days while I’m the 3.5” square pots. Now they’re in the 5 gallons, gonna have to see how long these take to dry, but will be some time.

As for feeding,
They didn’t get get until 2.5 weeks after sprouting. I’ve fed them a few times but only with worm castings, making my own extract. I literally used a tsp of worm castings for 1 pint of water and just stirred for a few mins
I fed them one other time with organic gem fish emulsion at 25% the recommended dose. They’ll be just getting plain water for the next week or so.

As for the lighting I’m really confused. I use a par meter and measure 180-200, which seems low for these plants, no? When I measure the lighting, I’m put the PAR meter facing up and read the meter. Is this adequate? Since a lot of light is being reflected from the sides of the tent, could my intensity actually be a lot higher and the meter isn’t picking it up?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Makes total sense.

I’ve been watering once ever 3-4 days while I’m the 3.5” square pots. Now they’re in the 5 gallons, gonna have to see how long these take to dry, but will be some time.

As for feeding,
They didn’t get get until 2.5 weeks after sprouting. I’ve fed them a few times but only with worm castings, making my own extract. I literally used a tsp of worm castings for 1 pint of water and just stirred for a few mins
I fed them one other time with organic gem fish emulsion at 25% the recommended dose. They’ll be just getting plain water for the next week or so.

As for the lighting I’m really confused. I use a par meter and measure 180-200, which seems low for these plants, no? When I measure the lighting, I’m put the PAR meter facing up and read the meter. Is this adequate? Since a lot of light is being reflected from the sides of the tent, could my intensity actually be a lot higher and the meter isn’t picking it up?
i grow and have no clue about par readings..
you’ll learn to watch the plant and see what it needs as you grow more and more..

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Makes total sense.

As for feeding,

Light doesn’t look like a problem according to your temps and humidity your vpd is okay if it was too much light or anything your plants would curl and brown and die.

B

bsl333

Lighting=check. So It had to be a nutrient or watering issue.
Interesting.. So what would you do in my case? I used the big 6 from build a soil during transplant because I was worried maybe it was a micro issue and build a soil says there blends end up being low in manganese. I mixed the soil myself but it’s following the coots recipe. 1/3 pumice, 1/3 castings, 1/3 peat moss + amendments.
I’m thinking to just give it a few days and see what they do. I was planning to top dress with some craft blend and bokashi next weekend. Do you think this should happen sooner or would you wait?

B

bsl333

Hey all, little update, coming a little later than I wanted. I think everything is looking really good 2 weeks after the transplant. The growth has really taken off. They’re just starting to show the pre flower, so I’m tying to figure who is what currently.

035A47EF CA1D 4271 9D2B 4634D4443B9C
0D29EBAB DE83 466E B55C 520F58D6BFBB
50059515 78A7 4611 A5D7 ED4838645627

Top Bottom