light burn or something else?

• Thread starter johnadams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnadams

johnadams

plant is 3 weeks old and we got some cold weather.last 5 days have been cold, power has been sporadic, on for awhile then off usually at night on for 45 min and off an hour.I was on a 18/6 schedule but switched to 24 so lights will fire when power comes back on.also trying to keep tent at around 85 or maybe a little higher and not sure what it goes down too, tent is in attic so it could get cold.plants are in soil (FFOF) and I noticed this brown on leave edges could this be heat from the light, it's a 1000 watt hid and I turned off the fan for the heat.this is on 2 plants.
also when the power stabilizes should I go back to 18/6 or leave it at a 24/0 until flower.these are all auto's due to the short grow time in attic.
it was 80 degrees here 10 days ago, hard to keep stable temps in attic.

Tempimageef5qy2png
Tempimageaer5bhpng
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Whatever burn that may be is all good. FOFF is pretty hot so your seeing mild burn from it i would think. Your doing well, i would make sure to have a fan blowing em around and try and keep your temps around 75. You should consider using some Ca Mg...
FOFF is mainly coco so i would water accordingly. check this out, and make sure to water all of your media when you do.
How far away is your light? And what do they look like beyond that tiny burn? Hook it up with some more pics!!

johnadams

johnadams

great article definitely have to adjust my watering.light is 36" from top of plant.I have 2 heaters in tent to keep it warm in there and it's drying soil fast.
small plant in middle row is 3 weeks old it just never started growing, bottom 3 I just put in soil today.

TempImage9YGqbs
TempImagecAeMxZ
TempImageevlBeN
TempImagePNQcmB
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

So just to reiterate, if you let coco dry out it gives your plants nute lockout, meaning that there is food in the soil and what you water in will have no effect. You must maintain a constant moisture level. Your first grow? Watering is a really big deal, and can be tricky to get dialed in if you dont know what your looking for. As your pots dry you will see them droop, their top few nodes will relax and start to fall, when watered the droop "perks" up and your plants start "praying" raising the leaves on their top few nodes up. Get a chair and get comfy.....

Looks fantastic my friend!!! Consider starting in a smaller pot and with something not as hot as FOFF, you could also take your FOFF and mix in some coco or peat to cool it down a bit for your smalls. I like to germinate in paper towels then start in 1 gal and go to 5 gal after that. And remember to water the entire pot!!!! Aqua just said this on a different thread; remember that over watering is from watering too often, not too much!

Top Bottom