Light burn or something else

• Thread starter Grdnguy86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grdnguy86

Light burn or something else
Light burn or something else 2

New grower here. Just noticed a bunch of my plants doing this after I raised intensity of lights. I’m guessing it’s light burn since most of the plants are showing signs of it? I’m growing in fox farm ocean forest. With two 120w flex star LED. They are about 30” above canopy. Water every 3 days.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

240w to veg that plant is overkill at this point and 30" is not that far away. Try one light full intensity at like 3 feet away and let the plant grow into the light or reduce distance as it grows.

Water when you see the topsoil dry like that especially with fabric pots.

G

Grdnguy86

240w to veg that plant is overkill at this point and 30" is not that far away. Try one light full intensity at like 3 feet away and let the plant grow into the light or reduce distance as it grows.

Water when you see the topsoil dry like that especially with fabric pots.
Ive got 8 plants in a 4x4x8 tent. Most plants showing some sign of yellowing. Happened after I raised the both lights intensity from 50% to 75% to try and get more light to plants on the sides of tent. Do you know what a good LUX reading is? Mine are all getting around 8000-1000lux. I appreciate the help. I might not be watering them properly either. Been afraid to overwater. This plants leaf is turning inward tol

793AB569 8F56 4BEC 9F0E AEBCD4ECD2C7
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Ive got 8 plants in a 4x4x8 tent. Most plants showing some sign of yellowing. Happened after I raised the both lights intensity from 50% to 75% to try and get more light to plants on the sides of tent. Do you know what a good LUX reading is? Mine are all getting around 8000-1000lux. I appreciate the help. I might not be watering them properly either. Been afraid to overwater. This plants leaf is turning inward tol

Seedling phase: 5k LUX or 150-200 umol
Early veg: 10k LUX or 250-300 umol
Late veg: 15-30k LUX or 350-500 umol

Set both lights to 100% if heat isn't an issue and then raise them to 3 FEET. Younglings do not need intense light at this stage of their life.

G

Grdnguy86

Seedling phase: 5k LUX or 150-200 umol
Early veg: 10k LUX or 250-300 umol
Late veg: 15-30k LUX or 350-500 umol

Set both lights to 100% if heat isn't an issue and then raise them to 3 FEET. Younglings do not need intense light at this stage of their life.
Ok cool. I raised both lights up 3ft above canopy and put back to 75% for now. Gonna start watering them differently. I didn’t realize overwater meant watering too often not too much. I’ve only been giving them small amounts at a time. I’ve read I need to saturate entire soil and let it dry completely before watering again? I thought I had this all understood but guess not lol Thanks again

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Ok cool. I raised both lights up 3ft above canopy and put back to 75% for now. Gonna start watering them differently. I didn’t realize overwater meant watering too often not too much. I’ve only been giving them small amounts at a time. I’ve read I need to saturate entire soil and let it dry completely before watering again? I thought I had this all understood but guess not lol Thanks again

No worries, lots of stuff to learn :) you want to completely saturate the pots when you go to water and the goal is to get a little but of runoff and then stop - don't water again until the top soil is dry and the container is light. Update with some pics tomorrow so we can see how they look 🤙

G

Grdnguy86

No worries, lots of stuff to learn :) you want to completely saturate the pots when you go to water and the goal is to get a little but of runoff and then stop - don't water again until the top soil is dry and the container is light. Update with some pics tomorrow so we can see how they look 🤙
Will do! I shouldn’t have put the tent in my room. I know I’m checking on them too much and that’s what led to me watering too much. Lol

G

Grdnguy86

130A3FA9 E524 46BE ABD9 CD1642856FA9

Raising the lights was a good call. All the plants have improved. Still a little discoloration on couple plants but they look much better.

E2E3BC08 2E9B 4096 9711 744641340AB4
EBE70177 4873 424A 86F1 C3E8DAA087CF
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yep looking much better. I'm sure in a few days you won't even notice! Make sure you give the entire pot a good watering when you do so

G

Grdnguy86

Yep looking much better. I'm sure in a few days you won't even notice! Make sure you give the entire pot a good watering when you do so
Awesome. I plan to let all plants dry out completely then I’m gonna completely saturate entire soil for first time. The grow kit I got came with this “growth shot” not sure when or how I’m supposed to apply this.

AAB93697 ECF2 44F5 9C63 7FF6180E67B5
Top Bottom